Coffin On 2021 Tour... - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #31
WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Once a vaccine is widely available, like available at Walgreens, the risk is determined by the consumer. I'd be fine going to a concert as long as I have the opportunity to be vaccinated, I don't expect the whole place to be. There are many smaller shows in smaller venues going on around here already. So if anyone can get one in April, I see little reason to think there can't be shows in June.
This is a good point. Many people said concerts wouldn't be back until 2022. Man, I saw 20 concerts THIS year, and it easily could've been double that. Many I made the choice not to go because I didn't feel safe yet. But I've already multiple venues in my area alone that are mounting the troops for spring and early summer shows. If we have a vaccine widely available in April, I really think we'll see bigger shows start to return in June, because you're right, it's on the consumer at that point.
WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #32
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    I think a lot of employers will require a vaccine of its employees when it becomes available. That'll solve the issue of people not wanting to get it.

That most likely won't happen. I know a few front line nurses and many nurses don't trust the vaccine and won't take it. A lot of the front line professions can't afford walkouts or lawsuits if the vaccine is mandatory. Also there isn't a vaccine approved for people under the age of 18.

The one thing that would boost vaccine usage is if travel and entertainment venues and vendors require customers to have the vaccine before they can get in which still is a stretch as well.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #33
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    That most likely won't happen. I know a few front line nurses and many nurses don't trust the vaccine and won't take it. A lot of the front line professions can't afford walkouts or lawsuits if the vaccine is mandatory. Also there isn't a vaccine approved for people under the age of 18.

The one thing that would boost vaccine usage is if travel and entertainment venues and vendors require customers to have the vaccine before they can get in which still is a stretch as well.
    Well I don’t know where those nurses work but most hospitals require up-to-date vaccinations for all of their workers. And if they deem the covid vaccine to be a part of this requirement, they won’t have much of a choice (if they want to keep their job, that is).
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #34
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post

People won't quit their jobs over this. Especially in healthcare when it absolutely makes sense to require them. I'm getting when my employer (teacher), Dave, or Mickey Mouse tells me I have to. I don't care about getting for myself so I won't be running to the dr the second I can but I'm not putting up a fuss if required by my employer or entertainment I want to attend.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #35
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Once a vaccine is widely available, like available at Walgreens, the risk is determined by the consumer. I'd be fine going to a concert as long as I have the opportunity to be vaccinated, I don't expect the whole place to be. There are many smaller shows in smaller venues going on around here already. So if anyone can get one in April, I see little reason to think there can't be shows in June.
    This is basically my train of thought on this.
    Old 12-21-2020, 06:48 AM   #36
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    This is basically my train of thought on this.

This is my personal opinion as well, but what really matters is if big insurance companies agree.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #37
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    People won't quit their jobs over this. Especially in healthcare when it absolutely makes sense to require them. I'm getting when my employer (teacher), Dave, or Mickey Mouse tells me I have to. I don't care about getting for myself so I won't be running to the dr the second I can but I'm not putting up a fuss if required by my employer or entertainment I want to attend.

Might as well get in line now. Chances are within the next 1-2 years we'll all want to or have to do something that will require a vaccine. Not to mention driving vaccination numbers up is only going to make those things we want to do more likely to actually happen.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #38
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Not to mention driving vaccination numbers up is only going to make those things we want to do more likely to actually happen.

And it worked so well with asking people to wear masks and socially distance.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #39
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    And it worked so well with asking people to wear masks and socially distance.
    You’ll never have 100% compliance with anything. Heroin is illegal and extremely bad for you, yet people do it and sell it everyday. People need to stop having tunnel vision on covid and realize that some people just suck.

Spoken as a compliant mask wearer and social distance respecter.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2020, 09:06 PM   #40
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I dont see the masses being vaccinated by time June starts, so I dont believe shows will be starting until late in the year. I just dont see logistically how they pull off outdoor sheds this summer. I personally am expecting 2022 before I see DMB live.

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2020, 09:22 PM   #41
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Yea, sheds ain't happening in 2021. Best get your minds right with that. The half of the country that thinks the virus is fake also doesn't want the vaccine. We are a royally fucking stupid country and because it, we can't have nice things.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 12-26-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #42
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can def see people quitting their jobs over this.

Taking a vaccine means admitting this whole thing is a big deal which also means, well you know. These people are nuts.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #43
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Yea, sheds ain't happening in 2021. Best get your minds right with that. The half of the country that thinks the virus is fake also doesn't want the vaccine. We are a royally fucking stupid country and because it, we can't have nice things.
    and then you have dumbfuck states like mine whose state and local leadership continue to politicize the virus to get back at the evil orange man, while people leave en masse for states that are taking a more balanced approach . But, ya know.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #44
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

and, I do agree with the notion that there won’t be any shows of any substantial size in 2021. Mostly because the goalposts either keep moving or haven’t been defined whatsoever by the geniuses-on-charge in the political and corporate realms. Just a lot of “hope and pray, wait and see” pablum.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #45
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

What he said.

Maybe they should tour in Australia/New Zealand. They have their act together down there.
    Old 12-28-2020, 12:31 PM   #46
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    and then you have dumbfuck states like mine whose state and local leadership continue to politicize the virus to get back at the evil orange man, while people leave en masse for states that are taking a more balanced approach . But, ya know.

Oh Geez. Even here?

What states are those, that are taking a more balanced approach? Florida? Texas?

1 Out Of Every 1,000 Americans Has Died From Covid-19 In 10 Months.

For a frame of reference, let's look at Gorge Amphitheatre, capacity 27,000+. So, for a sellout show, 27 attendees who walked through the gates, would never leave.

There were 2 things you said that made sense. He Is EVIL. And he Is ORANGE.
    Old 12-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #47
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

I am firmly in the mindset that the June and July shows will definitely not happen. It's possible that by September the tour might be able to start with the Gorge, although the Governor's of Washington and California are going to have to do a serious about face between now and September if that's going to happen.

Our 2020 trip got postponed to June 2021, during the same week as Riverbend and Deer Creek, all of which were shows I was meant to attend. I am so confident that these shows will not go ahead as scheduled, and am therefore not at all worried about the scheduling conflict of the Disney trip.

No way in hell they let us have shows in the summer, no matter what the virus situation is.
    Old 12-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #48
    laverwater

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Couple the above with the fact that it is taking far longer to distribute the vaccine than they thought, and you guys may be right. We were supposed to be at 20 million at year end, and are at what like 1 million? I get that it will ramp up once we find efficiencies and more vaccines, but the FDA certainly isn't helping the situation.

I'm going to remain optimistic, but damn there are so many things that are beginning to worry me.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #49
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

At the current rate of vaccinations, we wont be seeing shows in 2022 either. A million month and there is 350 million people in the US. You get the idea.

Once an adult that's not golfing every day takes charge, maybe we can put this thing behind us. This year is shot. Hopefully 2022 will bring dmb shows back to the summer venues.

The venues want to do some shows I'm sure, it's the band that will be saying "No thanks, we dont want to expose our fans to that"

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #50
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post
    At the current rate of vaccinations, we wont be seeing shows in 2022 either. A million month and there is 350 million people in the US. You get the idea.

Once an adult that's not golfing every day takes charge, maybe we can put this thing behind us. This year is shot. Hopefully 2022 will bring dmb shows back to the summer venues.

The venues want to do some shows I'm sure, it's the band that will be saying "No thanks, we dont want to expose our fans to that"
    this shows you haven’t been watching the briefings on the vaccine rollout. The current velocity is NOT what the velocity 5 or 6 months from now is going to be as production, distribution, etc. continues to ramp up.

And, there’s always going to be a percentage of the population that thinks the vaccine is poison/evil/whatever, and not going to get it. What the hell is Biden going to do, force it into people’s veins?

This mentality that everyone should put their life on hold indefinitely is bizarre, especially now that we know more about the demographics of who it affects the most, ways to treat the symptoms, etc. Things absolutely beed to open up again this spring when ICU capacity increases and the infection rate goes down to below even what it was last summer. But to some people, it will never be saaaaaaaaaaafe.

Old 12-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #51
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I want shows as much as the next person but I have a feeling I am not going to like the cost of them once they are back
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 12:53 AM   #52
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    This mentality that everyone should put their life on hold indefinitely is bizarre, especially now that we know more about the demographics of who it affects the most, ways to treat the symptoms, etc. Things absolutely beed to open up again this spring when ICU capacity increases and the infection rate goes down to below even what it was last summer. But to some people, it will never be saaaaaaaaaaafe.

Speaking of who it affects the most, a 41 year old newly elected Congressman just dropped dead, 11 days after testing positive.

Some bands may try to go back on tour before it's completely safe. I doubt that DMB will be one of them. But you might be able to catch a good Ted Nugent, Kid Rock or Kanye West performance sometime next summer.

I can say with near certainty that a start prior to around Labor Day seems unlikely. Maybe an indoor tour next Winter. Otherwise an extended outdoor tour starting around March 2022.
    Old 12-30-2020, 03:35 AM   #53
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post

The venues want to do some shows I'm sure, it's the band that will be saying "No, we dont want to expose our fans to that"

You really think cap$aw cares lol? Dmb is a fucking business out to make money. If other large bands are touring dmb would probably tour.

I wish it was go at your own risk already.

Last edited by tyler3440; 12-30-2020 at 03:39 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 03:48 AM   #54
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh Geez. Even here?

What states are those, that are taking a more balanced approach? Florida? Texas?

1 Out Of Every 1,000 Americans Has Died From Covid-19 In 10 Months.

For a frame of reference, let's look at Gorge Amphitheatre, capacity 27,000+. So, for a sellout show, 27 attendees who walked through the gates, would never leave.

There were 2 things you said that made sense. He Is EVIL. And he Is ORANGE.
    Or you can just live in the most lockdown state where the numbers are still high.
    Old 12-30-2020, 08:14 AM   #55
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Or you can just live in the most lockdown state where the numbers are still high.

Yeah, the numbers are high, so we should probably just open everything up, and further burden our overwhelmed health care system while killing more people.

You better start writing letters that you can send to DMB management in the coming months, to complain about them cancelling tour dates for no good reason, since you're ready to see a show.

And yes, I'd much rather live in CA than in a state that finally saw fit to remove the confederate symbol from their state flag.

Last edited by SoCalDMBLover; 12-30-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Old 12-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #56
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, the numbers are high, so we should probably just open everything up, and further burden our overwhelmed health care system while killing more people.

You better start writing letters that you can send to DMB management in the coming months, to complain about them cancelling tour dates for no good reason, since you're ready to see a show.

And yes, I'd much rather live in CA than in a state that finally saw fit to remove the confederate symbol from their state flag.
    The lockdowns accomplish nothing. People have tunnel vision with covid, and they can’t see how damaging these lockdowns are. I thank god everyday I don’t live in California, and can still enjoy my life somewhat and live like a human being!

Last edited by podiumboy; 12-30-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    Old 12-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #57
    bbqguy1962

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

The Almanac list a 12/31/21 show in Hampton, Va. Has anyone heard of this happening?

All my very best,
    Jack Layton (1950 - 2011)
    bbqguy1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #58
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbqguy1962 View Post
    The Almanac list a 12/31/21 show in Hampton, Va. Has anyone heard of this happening?
    12/31/96 Hampton VA is the SiriusXM Friday show tomorrow; maybe that's the mixup
    Old 12-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #59
    Bernie41
    2022 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 82

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbqguy1962 View Post
    Its just a test. They left the below message on the show:

"12/26/2020 - THIS SHOW IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. IT WILL BE DELETED ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 27. PLEASE IGNORE ANY UNINTENDED IMPACT ON STATISTICS."

I really hope there are shows this year. Tour opening at the Gorge would be pretty awesome, I'd definitely be there.
    Bernie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #60
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I do wonder if vaccine passports will become a thing to enter concerts in 2021.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote