*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 10959 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #328741
daveshookme
Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, trolling, but Hamilton discussion OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
I get it and under more normal circumstances it would be a massive celebration. Whatever you do be safe. Im about 40 miles north of Atlanta and I'm still not going anywhere next week except for work. I dont think anything happens where I am. But I dont intend be anywhere any possible craziness this week.
I'm more worried about COVID than I am dickless thugs with matching outfits.

But I'm out in the public for 50+ hours per week, in an out of strangers' cars all day not knowing what they've got or who they've had in their car. Feels silly to acquiesce to the reality and not celebrate the end political goal I've worked for for years when I'm basically willfully turning a blind eye to it for work.

Last edited by daveshookme; 01-14-2021 at 03:27 PM.
daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #328742
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, trolling, but Hamilton discussion OK)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    I am more concerned about state capitols than D.C, tbh.
    I don't think they storm the state capitols. Not all 50 on the same day at least. If they did it would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was maga folks and not blm antifa. Maga/q would lose majority support within the party.

While most sane people know the truth there's a contingent of conservatives in denial that think it could have been antifa and convince themselves it probably was so they can keep supporting Rs and sleep at night.
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #328743
    Strider_BTCS

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Anyone familiar with the term 'plead the blood of Jesus'? I'm not familiar. Climb?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1354806/download

Holy shit, that person does not sound well.
    Strider_BTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #328744
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

There's no way I'd risk getting Boston Marathoned going to Biden's inauguration. But to each his own.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #328745
    vkratliff

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    There's no way I'd risk getting Boston Marathoned going to Biden's inauguration. But to each his own.
    I don't know. I kind of get it. Like...why should these white supremacist terrorists get to chase everyone away? Why should they have that satisfaction?

I'm a total hypocrite, though. I have two kids, and there's no way I'd take them anywhere near there given the current situation.

Just really sucks that our country is at this point.
    vkratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #328746
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    NEW on Biden $1.9T plan:

-- $2K checks (adds $1,400 to $600). Adult dependents IN

-- $400/week UI thru Sept, will push 4 "triggers." Not retroactive

-- CTC to $3,000/yr per kid, fully refundable

-- $15/hr min. wage

-- Eviction moratorium thru 9/21

https://t.co/mww4nQ470F

Other big pots of $:

-- Huge $ for health care - testing, national vaccine program, public health workers

-- $350B for states, cities

-- $130B for schools

-- 14 weeks paid sick & family leave

-- Major EITC expansion

-- $25B 4 rental $

Full plan:

https://t.co/gi3a9RKxch

Hell yeah. Love it.
    child tax credit? does this mean it's actually $3k coming back as opposed to a $3k deduction of AGI?
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #328747
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

and nothing on student loans? they are due again in a couple weeks
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:41 PM   #328748
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Also that whole pesky pandemic sidenote
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #328749
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vkratliff View Post
    I don't know. I kind of get it. Like...why should these white supremacist terrorists get to chase everyone away? Why should they have that satisfaction?

I'm a total hypocrite, though. I have two kids, and there's no way I'd take them anywhere near there given the current situation.

The bold is a huge part of it, yeah. It's our country. Mine and theirs. They don't get to dictate where I can and cannot go, whether I can go watch my candidate of choice be sworn into office or not (relatively speaking, anyway. I'm fine not going to WV).

Plus I get to heckle jeep kid.
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #328750
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Dying to own the racists? They can "have" the inauguration for all I care. In the age of television, who gives a shit? I'm sure Biden doesn't care about his crowd being bigly incredible if it means his supporters not being safe.
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:47 PM   #328751
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Dying to own the racists? They can "have" the inauguration for all I care. In the age of television, who gives a shit? I'm sure Biden doesn't care about his crowd being bigly incredible if it means his supporters not being safe.
    this.

Biden isn't trump. fuck crowd sizes.
    Useliteski is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #328752
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Anyone familiar with the term 'plead the blood of Jesus'? I'm not familiar. Climb?

Never heard it before until just now. First link after searching Google had this to say:

Quote:
    “Pleading the blood of Jesus” has no clear basis in Scripture. No one in the Bible ever “pleads the blood” of Christ. Those who “plead the blood” often do so as if there were something magical in those words or as if by using them their prayer is somehow more powerful. This teaching is born from a misguided view of prayer that prayer is a way of manipulating God to get what we want rather than praying for His will to be done. The whole Word of Faith movement, which teaches pleading the blood, is founded on the false teaching that faith is a force and that, if we pray with enough faith, God guarantees us health, wealth, and happiness.
    Not surprised that someone that buys into that description of religion also buys into whatever Trump sells too
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #328753
    vkratliff

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I know. I get the point.

I guess I just wonder at what point we say it's enough. They get to carry guns past metal detectors in the Capitol building. They get to blow off mask requirements in the middle of a pandemic. They get to figuratively say "fuck you" to whoever they want, whenever they want. They get to chase people away from the National Mall.

At what point to we say they don't get to get away with their shit anymore? We let them have the Mall, the Capitol, our schools, our public spaces...I guess I'm just tired of it, man. These assholes have been coddled for years and we've let them "have" so damned much, and it's probably time to stop.

Last edited by vkratliff; 01-14-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    vkratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #328754
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

im surprised he hasn't just said that it'll be done in a controlled setting, indoors, with very little/no risk.

does the tradition of having a crowd really matter more than the life of a president?
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #328755
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    A businessman and a fringe internet activist who each played key roles in the conspiracy theory about Seth Rich, the slain Democratic National Committee staffer whose death was used by right-wing activists as a vehicle to help exonerate Russia from its 2016 election meddling, retracted and apologized for their statements this week.

"I take full responsibility for my comments and I apologize for any pain I have caused," the businessman, Ed Butowsky, said in a statement retracting his previous comments. "I sincerely hope the Rich family is able to find out who murdered their son and bring this tragic chapter in their lives to a close."

"Today we retract and disavow our statements and we offer our apology to Mr. Rich and his family," said the fringe internet activist, Matt Couch, in a separate video posted online. "I take full responsibility for my actions ... and would like to apologize to Mr. Rich and his family."

The retractions came as part of a settlement Aaron Rich, Seth Rich's brother, reached with Butowsky and Couch over a lawsuit he filed against them in March 2018. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. The Washington Times, a conservative news outlet that was also sued, also retracted its claims and settled with Aaron Rich in October 2018.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/media...sky/index.html
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #328756
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I know. I get the point.

I guess I just wonder at what point we say it's enough. They get to carry guns past metal detectors in the Capitol building. They get to blow off mask requirements in the middle of a pandemic. They get to figuratively say "fuck you" to whoever they want, whenever they want. They get to chase people away from the National Mall.

At what point to we say they don't get to get away with their shit anymore? We let them have the Mall, the Capitol, our schools, our public spaces...I guess I'm just tired of it, man. These assholes have been coddled for years and we've let them "have" so damned much, and it's probably time to stop.
    There's a difference between picking your battles at the grocery store, mall, etc and willingly attending a public event that the FBI has warned has the potential for terrorist activity, which led to 10,000 National Guard troops being deployed, whose sole purpose is to curb said bullshit.

Again, to each his own. But the latter is a rare event that I don't think should necessarily be compared to routine everyday stuff.
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:08 PM   #328757
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There's a difference between picking your battles at the grocery store, mall, etc and willingly attending a public event that the FBI has warned has the potential for terrorist activity, which led to 10,000 National Guard troops being deployed, whose sole purpose is to curb said bullshit.

Again, to each his own. But the latter is a rare event that I don't think should necessarily be compared to routine everyday stuff.
    This. It's a totally unique situation to put yourself in.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #328758
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Wish we could have a poll about who is the crazier congressperson?

A). Marjorie Taylor Green
    • Plans to file impeachment charges on Jan 21st again Joe Biden.
    • Believes she is the spokesperson for the silent majority (when her supporters are neither silent nor the majority).
    • Another GOP freshman called her “QAnon congressperson”

B). Lauren Boebert
    • Refuses to go through medical detectors
    • Multiple arrests
    • Once said “I learned to have limitless thinking from reading the Bible.”
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:12 PM   #328759
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post

• Believes she is the spokesperson for the silent majority (when her supporters are neither silent nor the majority).

B). Lauren Boebert
    • Multiple arrests
    C: All of the above
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:12 PM   #328760
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

B). Lauren Boebert
    • Multiple arrests
    does it matter who is crazier?

vote them the fuck out.
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #328761
    BTBaboon

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Biden smart to be making a prime time address on this plan. These are highly popular proposals with the public.
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #328762
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Proud to have voted for this guy.

Dunno which I'm more proud of voting for, Barry or Joe. It's real close.
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #328763
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Biden smart
    I agree.
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #328764
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Nor I Route.

A google shows the prayer of protection begins with that language and I see a lot of evangelicals using the term.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #328765
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

I've seen enough; calling it.

Tonight is the night Biden became president.
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #328766
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    child tax credit? does this mean it's actually $3k coming back as opposed to a $3k deduction of AGI?

Its been $2k full credit since the Trump bill I think. No more deduction business. This would raise it to $3k.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:48 PM   #328767
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

B). Lauren Boebert
    • Multiple arrests
    I don’t know about crazy but B is more dangerous

Picture of Boebert with people flashing white power signs, giving them a tour of the capitol the day before the riots.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg DBF782A2-F0CD-477D-95A0-3591504730A6.jpg (75.5 KB, 15 views)

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:48 PM   #328768
    BTBaboon

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

A reminder that the Federal Minimum Wage, at $7.25/hr, equates to an annual gross income of roughly $15K assuming a full time - 40 hour - work week.

That’s just 18% above the poverty line for an individual. If the minimum wage earner has any dependent child or adult they care for, they’re well below the household poverty line.

The obvious argument against the minimum wage increase is “it’s bad for business”. And I have no doubt it would indeed put some companies out of business. But I’d also argue that if your business model cannot survive by paying your labor a living wage that there’s a fundamental flaw with your operation. We will need to provide an economic safe landing for those who would be negatively impacted by the wage change - but make no mistake, the numbers would pale to those we would be helping and pulling out of poverty. Slave wages, wages that leave a person in poverty, is not capitalism - its greed.
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #328769
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

B). Lauren Boebert
    • Multiple arrests
    Boebert feels like the more urgent threat

Greene seems to represent a longer-term brain rot
    coldengrey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #328770
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Federal minimum wage should be at least $15/hr...ideally $18-20.

Last edited by Antiramie; 01-14-2021 at 04:52 PM.