The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Page 66 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #1951
georgedavis003

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Not going to DMB at the Gorge, but I believe that I will be seeing Brandi Carlile at the Gorge next Saturday night, more than likely, after I come up to Seattle for a few days post-Bottlerock Festival. I'm a first timer to the Gorge, so have two questions. First: is it reasonable to spend the night in Bellingham as it seems that that is the nearest concentration of hotels? Second: am I fine sitting on the lawn, or should I get a seat? It's not much of a price difference between lawn and 200s for Brandi. Appreciate the help
georgedavis003 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #1952
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by georgedavis003 View Post
    Not going to DMB at the Gorge, but I believe that I will be seeing Brandi Carlile at the Gorge next Saturday night, more than likely, after I come up to Seattle for a few days post-Bottlerock Festival. I'm a first timer to the Gorge, so have two questions. First: is it reasonable to spend the night in Bellingham as it seems that that is the nearest concentration of hotels? Second: am I fine sitting on the lawn, or should I get a seat? It's not much of a price difference between lawn and 200s for Brandi. Appreciate the help
    Hey, be careful. I have a feeling you put "The Gorge" into googlemaps or whatever map program you are using. You need to put the Gorge Amphitheater in or better yet, the actual address, 754 Silica Rd NW, George, WA 98848. You will see that "The Gorge, Washington" and the actual Gorge amphitheater are two very different places VERY far apart.

See here: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+...47.1012282!3e0

Edit: It appears I am late in responding...hopefully you didn't go to the wrong place when you went!
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #1953
    georgedavis003

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Hey, be careful. I have a feeling you put "The Gorge" into googlemaps or whatever map program you are using. You need to put the Gorge Amphitheater in or better yet, the actual address, 754 Silica Rd NW, George, WA 98848. You will see that "The Gorge, Washington" and the actual Gorge amphitheater are two very different places VERY far apart.

See here: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+...47.1012282!3e0

Edit: It appears I am late in responding...hopefully you didn't go to the wrong place when you went!
    Haha! Yes, I did figure that out quite shortly after I posted this after doing some research. We had some friends that lived in Lake Chelan who we stayed with. It was awesome. Hoping to stay with them again for DMB at Gorge next year, as long as it happens
    georgedavis003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #1954
    shaunmac11

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Finally making my first Gorge trip this year for N2 and N3...driving from Milwaukee...

Figured I'd stop and see Glacier Nat Park and Mt Rainier along my trip

Waited a long time to see this historic venue and finally can get it crossed off my list..

Any advice for best place to get a ticket at the Gorge??? Lawn a good view?
    Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #1955
    mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shaunmac11 View Post
    Finally making my first Gorge trip this year for N2 and N3...driving from Milwaukee...

Waited a long time to see this historic venue and finally can get it crossed off my list..

Tickets are widely available around the ticket boards, LN/TM, even around the venue before the shows.

If you're looking to sit lawn, those tickets should be very easy to get. The lawn has a great view and the sound is great. You won't be disappointed
    Old 07-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #1956
    robertccribb
    H.Hollow

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shaunmac11 View Post

Hey I am making my first visit to the Gorge this year as well coming from MKE too. 3 night stand will be exciting! Lawn first two nights sets N3
    robertccribb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #1957
    DMBFan418

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

So I'm proposing at the Gorge this year...

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I will be proposing to my girlfriend of three years during Gorge weekend. I knew I wanted to propose before the end of the year, but it was only last weekend when my girlfriend suggested we visit the Gorge for DMB that I knew I had a perfect opportunity to create an amazing memory for us.

While we both love the band and the shows, I still want the moment to be more of a private affair, so I will not be proposing during the shows. Therefore, I'm coming to you all for any suggestions on some of your favorite spots within a short drive of the venue for us to hike, explore or just spend a nice quiet hour or two during the weekend.

I have been to the Gorge once in 2013 and found a nice little spot for swimming in the river, but I hadn't explored too much beyond that. Any suggestion is likely to be a new idea to me. And if you have any amazing secret locations you don't want to share with everyone, maybe just this once you'd be willing to share in a PM

Appreciate any suggestions, and I'll be sure to share a photo here after Labor Day Weekend!
    DMBFan418 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #1958
    csherretz

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

We normally fly to Portland and RV it over to the Gorge.
    csherretz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #1959
    arizza11

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: So I'm proposing at the Gorge this year...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBFan418 View Post
    Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I will be proposing to my girlfriend of three years during Gorge weekend. I knew I wanted to propose before the end of the year, but it was only last weekend when my girlfriend suggested we visit the Gorge for DMB that I knew I had a perfect opportunity to create an amazing memory for us.

While we both love the band and the shows, I still want the moment to be more of a private affair, so I will not be proposing during the shows. Therefore, I'm coming to you all for any suggestions on some of your favorite spots within a short drive of the venue for us to hike, explore or just spend a nice quiet hour or two during the weekend.

I have been to the Gorge once in 2013 and found a nice little spot for swimming in the river, but I hadn't explored too much beyond that. Any suggestion is likely to be a new idea to me. And if you have any amazing secret locations you don't want to share with everyone, maybe just this once you'd be willing to share in a PM

Appreciate any suggestions, and I'll be sure to share a photo here after Labor Day Weekend!

I'd recommend Cave B Winery if you're there early enough in the week. There's also a pretty neat hiking trail that takes you down to the river at Cave B too. But that depends the day you're getting there, I know the band usually buys out the whole place for the weekend, but you still can get some decent access to it during the Gorge weekend. It's a beautiful place and it's right next door from the amphitheater
    5 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
    arizza11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-09-2019, 05:08 PM   #1960
    DMBFan418

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by arizza11 View Post
    I'd recommend Cave B Winery if you're there early enough in the week. There's also a pretty neat hiking trail that takes you down to the river at Cave B too. But that depends the day you're getting there, I know the band usually buys out the whole place for the weekend, but you still can get some decent access to it during the Gorge weekend. It's a beautiful place and it's right next door from the amphitheater
    Very helpful, thank you!!
    DMBFan418 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #1961
    Mrrssymono

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBFan418 View Post
    Hi everyone,

There is a vineyard and winery right next door to the amphitheater. very romantic and lots of places to walk normally. it sits right on the gorge cliffs and the scenery is gorgeous. Its called Cave B, you should google it.
    Mrrssymono is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-25-2019, 06:55 AM   #1962
    shaunmac11

My Tour Central Stats

This will be first time at the Gorge for Dave. I have premier camping...

What do people do for the weekend for charging their cell phones all weekend? I didn't know if there were charging areas or are people just bringing portable Morphie charging things with them
    Old 07-25-2019, 06:57 AM   #1963
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I bring portable chargers.

You can also use your car; just remember to start it and let it run once in a while.
    Old 07-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #1964
    shaunmac11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I bring portable chargers.

You can also use your car; just remember to start it and let it run once in a while.
    Thanks! I thought of those too but didn't know if people knew of an area in premier for charging phones.

I appreciate it!
    Old 07-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #1965
    bkapl002

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

How does one go about securing terrace seating on the lawn?
    bkapl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #1966
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkapl002 View Post

Have Warehouse tickets and show up early; well before gates open.
    Old 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #1967
    emoro31

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkapl002 View Post
    We're Terrace people. Usually a few of us will volunteer to "run" for each show, and get in line a couple hours before the gates open. Bring blankets to spread out and save your space for when the rest of your group comes.

And please don't be the guys that show up 20mins before the show starts and shove their way down the Terraces. Seems to be happening more and more these years and they are the Woooooooooorst (Jean-Ralphio voice)

Hope to see ya out there!
    emoro31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #1968
    Glennski

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I'm making my first pilgrimage from NYC to Gorge. Flying in Friday night, and going to the Saturday show. I've heard traffic getting into the lots can get really bad, so if I leave Redmond area by 11 am, is it possible that I will be parked and tailgating by 3? Thanks!
    Glennski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #1969
    DragonSlayer

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Been coming to the Gorge for many years and we come on Thursday, but this year our daughter in law's friend is driving over on Friday and we want to pick her up and camp with us the weekend. Does anyone have recommendations or knowledge of overnight parking for her car? Are there any spots around George, Vantage, etc.. ??? Don't really want to leave it at the gas station for 3 days, but will if we have too. Thanks for any help.
    DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #1970
    eliz
    Love, Baby!

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
    Been coming to the Gorge for many years and we come on Thursday, but this year our daughter in law's friend is driving over on Friday and we want to pick her up and camp with us the weekend. Does anyone have recommendations or knowledge of overnight parking for her car? Are there any spots around George, Vantage, etc.. ??? Don't really want to leave it at the gas station for 3 days, but will if we have too. Thanks for any help.
    Get a general camping pass and park it there for the weekend. Let the neighbours know you'll be leaving the car and they can use the extra camping space. Check on the car daily. Loads of people do this every year!

Gorge FAQ Gorge Roster
    eliz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #1971
    AndrewJM41

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Hey Ants. This will be my first pilgrimage to the Gorge. Driving up from LA and couldn't be more excited! I've got premier camping for the weekend and will be attending all 3 shows.
    What can I expect from the camping experience? Also, are the campsites and venue pretty cool about weed smoking? I figure it's WA and if it's like the venues in SoCal, security just kinda looks the other way.
    AndrewJM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 11:02 PM   #1972
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AndrewJM41 View Post
    Hey Ants. This will be my first pilgrimage to the Gorge. Driving up from LA and couldn't be more excited! I've got premier camping for the weekend and will be attending all 3 shows.
    What can I expect from the camping experience? Also, are the campsites and venue pretty cool about weed smoking? I figure it's WA and if it's like the venues in SoCal, security just kinda looks the other way.

Bold: As far as what?

As to weed, no one gives a flying fuck about it in the campground. It's not allowed through security at the venue (they will tell you to trash it or take it back to camp), but if you sneak it in, it's back to no one giving a flying fuck once you're inside.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 08-02-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #1973
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I cannot for the life of me find the packing list. I looked thru the FAQ document, I just know it was handy last year if anyone has a link to it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #1974
    flames_theman

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    I cannot for the life of me find the packing list. I looked thru the FAQ document, I just know it was handy last year if anyone has a link to it.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gk/mobilebasic

Here you go

#NAFDA Camp Absolutely!!
    flames_theman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #1975
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flames_theman View Post
    Lol I swear I went thru that document so many times earlier and never saw the list. Shows now though!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #1976
    lieinmygrave41
    Sunday comes afterwards

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all, I found a few single tickets in section 103 but when I went to check out the ticket description said "obstructed view." I can't find much info about these seat, anyone know if there are obstructed views in the lower sections?
    lieinmygrave41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #1977
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lieinmygrave41 View Post
    Hey all, I found a few single tickets in section 103 but when I went to check out the ticket description said "obstructed view." I can't find much info about these seat, anyone know if there are obstructed views in the lower sections?

Yes, there are abysmal views on the sides of the lowers where you won't be able to see a large portion of the stage due to the angle.
    Old 08-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #1978
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Here's the view for 103 row 21 seat 50ish

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps24ce49e5.jpg
    Old 08-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #1979
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

There's an Easy Camping pass on Stubhub for $166, face of $700+, someone should grab this:

https://www.stubhub.com/dave-matthew...sort=price+asc
    Old 08-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #1980
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like someone already did.