*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 5008 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #150211
cazzie34
Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Is all constructive criticism of men devaluing men? Because that's what it feels like to me.

I for one don't feel undervalued as a man and I feel fine in my masculinity.
cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #150212
    trd1610

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Definitely are

what are your top 3 ways to make america masculine again?
    trd1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #150213
    trd1610

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    What if I told you masculinity was a bullshit concept to make weak men try to feel better about themselves and has no real intrinsic value of any kind?

you can’t say that, that goes against everything shotty has wrapped his self identity in.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #150214
    trd1610

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Is all constructive criticism of men devaluing men? Because that's what it feels like to me.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #150215
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    like what?
    Limiting magazine capacity, as if swapping out a mag doesn't take a practiced shooter 2 seconds.

Classifying things like a pistol grip on a rifle, a red dot sight, a fore-lug, a fore-grip, a tac-light, etc, etc as accessories. In CT any given rifle can only have 2 'accessories' the pistol grip is standard on any semi-automatic, medium caliber rifle (yet is classified as an accessory - the same thing often happens with a fore-lug) so I have my choice - break the law and trik my rifle out or swap out what I have on the rail system on any given day depending on where/what I am shooting. Does a rail system, a bayonet fore-lug (no one in civilian use actually uses that attachment), a pistol grip, a holo or red dot sight make a rifle any more or less deadly?

Crying and moaning so called assault rifles - as if they are responsible for a lot of crime. Truth is that exponentially more gun crimes are committed with pistols than assault rifles.

Not making the charges more severe when an assailant uses an illegal weapon - aka one they stole or bought on the black market. Hell, look at that illegal immigrant who shot and killed that lady about a year ago in CA - he got charged with UNLAWFUL POSSESSION - not murder, not breaking into a government vehicle, not stealing a firearm, not even unlawful discharge. That case was a debacle.

NYC limiting where you can transport a firearm to, aka giving 7 ranges in the city a monopoly on the whole market.

Not making people register shotguns. Would be nice for law enforcement to know who might have a 12 gauge in the house if the raided it wouldn't it? Ditto with 'antique' firearms (many of which are WW2 era and fully automatic) - to be honest if I ever wanted to murder someone and not get caught I would take them out with a shotgun because it could not be traced, an old ass muzzle loader with a .70 cal ball that cannot be traced or a high powered .22 with a very soft round that will just turn to mush when it penetrates the person and hits against a hard surface - again, impossible to trace forensically.

Look at the whole scandal regarding black talon rounds, the public cried and moaned about how they were more deadly so winchester dropped them, actually the just dropped the name and replaced it with winchester SXT's - which most people joke means 'Same Xact Thing." Not to mention they were and are no more deadly than a hollow point.

I could keep going but I hope you take my point. We need laws that will actually prevent gun violence, not laws that do absolutely nothing to make people safer. Look at the geneva convention for example - they outlawed using .50 caliber rounds on a human so what did the arms manufacturers do - they starter making their rounds a 49.9999999999999 cal instead - aka no difference.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #150216
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Soy boy!
    If you are threatened by soy boy you aren't actually tough it's just a front for your underlying weakness.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #150217
    ShotgunDMB

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Thats like saying Femininity has no value. Just unbelievably ignorant statement
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #150218
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    I could keep going but I hope you take my point. We need laws that will actually prevent gun violence, not laws that do absolutely nothing to make people safer. Look at the geneva convention for example - they outlawed using .50 caliber rounds on a human so what did the arms manufacturers do - they starter making their rounds a 49.9999999999999 cal instead - aka no difference.
    Gun violence isn't a fundable epidemic. Sorry dude.

Last edited by unccrombie; 05-28-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #150219
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thats like saying Femininity has no value. Just unbelievably ignorant statement
    Men haven't been shit on for centuries like women have. Rising up and taking your equal seat at the table isn't the same as convincing yourself that you're "manly" for whatever reason you see fit. Damn near every war in history has boiled down to some pissing contest between men and land. Maybe we should try something different?
    mthawk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #150220
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trd1610 View Post
    what are your top 3 ways to make america masculine again?
    Make men step up to the plate and raise their children and not the government, quit tilting the divorce courts towards mothers as fathers are just as important as mothers, allow for more outlets in schools for boys to get out their aggressiveness and competitveness which is perfectly natural for boys.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #150221
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Limiting magazine capacity, as if swapping out a mag doesn't take a practiced shooter 2 seconds.

Classifying things like a pistol grip on a rifle, a red dot sight, a fore-lug, a fore-grip, a tac-light, etc, etc as accessories. In CT any given rifle can only have 2 'accessories' the pistol grip is standard on any semi-automatic, medium caliber rifle (yet is classified as an accessory - the same thing often happens with a fore-lug) so I have my choice - break the law and trik my rifle out or swap out what I have on the rail system on any given day depending on where/what I am shooting. Does a rail system, a bayonet fore-lug (no one in civilian use actually uses that attachment), a pistol grip, a holo or red dot sight make a rifle any more or less deadly?

Crying and moaning so called assault rifles - as if they are responsible for a lot of crime. Truth is that exponentially more gun crimes are committed with pistols than assault rifles.

Not making the charges more severe when an assailant uses an illegal weapon - aka one they stole or bought on the black market. Hell, look at that illegal immigrant who shot and killed that lady about a year ago in CA - he got charged with UNLAWFUL POSSESSION - not murder, not breaking into a government vehicle, not stealing a firearm, not even unlawful discharge. That case was a debacle.

NYC limiting where you can transport a firearm to, aka giving 7 ranges in the city a monopoly on the whole market.

Not making people register shotguns. Would be nice for law enforcement to know who might have a 12 gauge in the house if the raided it wouldn't it? Ditto with 'antique' firearms (many of which are WW2 era and fully automatic) - to be honest if I ever wanted to murder someone and not get caught I would take them out with a shotgun because it could not be traced, an old ass muzzle loader with a .70 cal ball that cannot be traced or a high powered .22 with a very soft round that will just turn to mush when it penetrates the person and hits against a hard surface - again, impossible to trace forensically.

Look at the whole scandal regarding black talon rounds, the public cried and moaned about how they were more deadly so winchester dropped them, actually the just dropped the name and replaced it with winchester SXT's - which most people joke means 'Same Xact Thing." Not to mention they were and are no more deadly than a hollow point.

Can you narrow this list down?

I am no gun guy but I assume a pistol grip is more accurate and that is why it's the gun manufacturers made it that way.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #150222
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Men haven't been shit on for centuries like women have. Rising up and taking your equal seat at the table isn't the same as convincing yourself that you're "manly" for whatever reason you see fit. Damn near every war in history has boiled down to some pissing contest between men and land. Maybe we should try something different?
    Familiarize yourself with all the sordid statistics of kids who didn’t have a father in the home. Men/fathers are very important to the health of society
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #150223
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    so we're doing the men's rights thing today? ok
    We only do it on days that end in Y.
    coldengrey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:41 PM   #150224
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

The 3 Gun-Control Laws That Work Best in the U.S.
    https://www.citylab.com/life/2019/04...search/586363/

Study: where gun laws are weaker, there are more mass shootings
    https://www.vox.com/2019/3/8/1825462...nce-laws-study
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:41 PM   #150225
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Familiarize yourself with all the sordid statistics of kids who didn’t have a father in the home. Men/fathers are very important to the health of society
    Why not just tell us?
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #150226
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

No shame. Devoid of shame. Amazing.

Quote:
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday if a Supreme Court vacancy occurs during next year's presidential election, he would work to confirm a nominee appointed by President Donald Trump.

That's a move that is in sharp contrast to his decision to block President Barack Obama's nominee to the high court following the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February 2016.

Speaking at a Paducah Chamber of Commerce luncheon in Kentucky, McConnell was asked by an attendee, "Should a Supreme Court justice die next year, what will your position be on filling that spot?"

The leader took a long sip of what appeared to be iced tea before announcing with a smile, "Oh, we'd fill it," triggering loud laughter from the audience.

David Popp, a spokesman for McConnell, said the difference between now and three years ago, when McConnell famously blocked Judge Merrick Garland's ascension to the Supreme Court, is that at that time the White House was controlled by Democrat and the Senate by a Republican. This time, both are controlled by the GOP.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/polit...020/index.html
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #150227
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which has jack shit to do with masculinity. You're just talking about responsible parenting. You don't need to be masculine to be a responsible parent.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #150228
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Men are SO oppressed!!!

We're so alpha but no one gives us a chance!

This is one of the dumber things to come out of the modern right wing.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #150229
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post

The fact that this is at the top of this page is so incredibly perfect.

Always funny to see people get threatened just because something is questioned. When that topic is men discussing masculinity it’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #150230
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which has jack shit to do with masculinity. You're just talking about responsible parenting. You don't need to be masculine to be a responsible parent.
    If you have kids are you raising them gender neutral?
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #150231
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Make men step up to the plate and raise their children and not the government, quit tilting the divorce courts towards mothers as fathers are just as important as mothers, allow for more outlets in schools for boys to get out their aggressiveness and competitveness which is perfectly natural for boys.
    Quote:
    I agree with all of this but I disagree that it is due to men and masculinity being devalued.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #150232
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    An analysis performed for CNN found that states that have enacted magazine restrictions are associated with fewer mass shooting events.

"Whether a state has a large capacity ammunition magazine ban is the single best predictor of the mass shooting rate in that state, " said Michael Siegel, a community health science professor at Boston University, who conducted the analysis. These states are associated with a 63% lower rate of mass shootings, according to his analysis.
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/polit...gas/index.html
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #150233
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Nothing is pussier than dudes whining about some war on masculinity
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #150234
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

So, if I'm getting this right, Shotgun wants all of the men to just be gay because then kids would be raised by two times the amount of men!
    coldengrey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #150235
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't have kids, but if that day comes, I'll let them be whatever and whoever they want to be as long as they are good people.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #150236
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    So, if I'm getting this right, Shotgun wants all of the men to just be gay because then kids would be raised by two times the amount of men!
    oh snap.
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #150237
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Men are SO oppressed!!!

We're so alpha but no one gives us a chance!

This is one of the dumber things to come out of the modern right wing.

It’s sad sanity and reality is considered “right wing”
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #150238
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Nothing is pussier than dudes whining about some war on masculinity
    The irony so heavy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #150239
    trd1610

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

how specifically do we ‘make men’ do this? court ordered child support that already exists? in which ways are the government raising the children?

are you talking about schooling and before/after school programs? or just things like snap and wic? haven’t you previously said you’d be against reducing both of those programs specifically?

if you’re concerned about the lack of two parent households in america may i suggest we stop jailing and imprisoning so many fathers?

‘quit tilting divorce courts’ - okay cool, more men’s rights type nonsense. but let’s say we do ‘even things out’, how is this achieving increased ‘masculinity’? or is it just getting more results in favor of men? what if those men aren’t adequately masculine?

more outlets to get out their aggression and competitiveness? such as after school sports programs? that already exist? what are the additional outlets you’d suggest, and where does the funding come from? how does increasing the amount of outlets make us ‘more masculine’?
    Old 05-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #150240
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My wife puts our daughter in clearly female clothes but I don't give two shits what she wears or what toys she plays with. She's really into cars and trucks right now and I'm not going to stop her from enjoying cars and trucks because those are more supposedly masculine things.