The NHL Thread - Page 1505 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #45121
SirBobalew
DC Sports & DMB

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
Ovechkin has guaranteed a game 7 win

He went full Messier. You never go full Messier.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #45122
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

just saw that Wiz has been a healthy scratch for the ducks.

that's looking like a pretty good trade for CBJ right now.
    Wow guys, I wasn't at this show, but just listened to your Halloween. Damn, raw AF! I bet it was incredible live, Timmys outro was bad-ass!!!! Gotta listen to the rest of this show, setlist is on point.
    Rebecca De Mornay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #45123
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I am not 100% sure at this time that I will watch game 7. Don't really need to watch it happen again. I'll be able to watch, so I likely will, but it won't take long to bail. I won't lie (and feel free to call me a bad fan if you'd like), I turned off last night's game after Kreider scored 40 seconds in. I turned it back on with a couple minutes left in the first, then when Kreider scored again with 0.3 seconds left I turned it off for good. Was continuously aware of what was happening, but I stayed out. I already knew the result.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 AM   #45124
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am not 100% sure at this time that I will watch game 7. Don't really need to watch it happen again. I'll be able to watch, so I likely will, but it won't take long to bail. I won't lie (and feel free to call me a bad fan if you'd like), I turned off last night's game after Kreider scored 40 seconds in. I turned it back on with a couple minutes left in the first, then when Kreider scored again with 0.3 seconds left I turned it off for good. Was continuously aware of what was happening, but I stayed out. I already knew the result.
    oh help me rhonda, you'll watch.

and you should, it's supposed to be fun.

it will be super disappointing if they lose since they had the 3-1 lead but still a great season for them
    Wow guys, I wasn't at this show, but just listened to your Halloween. Damn, raw AF! I bet it was incredible live, Timmys outro was bad-ass!!!! Gotta listen to the rest of this show, setlist is on point.
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #45125
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

My Tour Central Stats

do you guys think the rangers made it 4-3 on purpose to keep their streak of 1 goal playoff games alive?
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #45126
    SirBobalew
    DC Sports & DMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My dad left when it was 4-1. I stayed in my seat until the final buzzer.
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #45127
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post

it will be super disappointing if they lose since they had the 3-1 lead but still a great season for them
    Yeah I mean there's definitely a lot to be happy about this season. But still, the playoff thing is beyond frustrating. It's hard to keep going through it.

And it's never fun. I should watch, and I at least will at the start, but if it goes bad quick I won't hesitate to cut my TV off. Not shy about that at all

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #45128
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirBobalew View Post
    My dad left when it was 4-1. I stayed in my seat until the final buzzer.
    I'm dead serious that I stopped watching at the first intermission. Even when I got texts that they were coming back, my only response was "not gonna matter"

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #45129
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I mean there's definitely a lot to be happy about this season. But still, the playoff thing is beyond frustrating. It's hard to keep going through it.

And it's never fun. I should watch, and I at least will at the start, but if it goes bad quick I won't hesitate to cut my TV off. Not shy about that at all
    I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills - and an NHL team that has never won a playoff series. Let me tell you about frustration.

you have to watch though, i always go down with the ship.

last year in against the pens when they went up 4-0 in game 6 i just stayed in my seat the entire time trying to take it all in since i knew it could be years before they were back again.
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #45130
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills - and an NHL team that has never won a playoff series. Let me tell you about frustration.

you have to watch though, i always go down with the ship.

last year in against the pens when they went up 4-0 in game 6 i just stayed in my seat the entire time trying to take it all in since i knew it could be years before they were back again.
    Yeah I mean I know Caps fans aren't the only ones who have it this bad. Kinda feels like it sometimes. There's always so much hope and promise. Then it crashes back to earth. As far as NHL is concerned, I think Sabres fans, Blues fans and Canucks fans are the only fans that can gripe as hard as Caps fans. We'll see. I'm sure it's gonna go the way I don't want it to but I guess it's not a done deal until it's done.

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #45131
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Game 7 is only fun when you win. All the stress for a fan leading up to it or during the game, when you win you can look back and be like whoa that was fun, but when you lose....awful.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #45132
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I mean I know Caps fans aren't the only ones who have it this bad. Kinda feels like it sometimes. There's always so much hope and promise. Then it crashes back to earth. As far as NHL is concerned, I think Sabres fans, Blues fans and Canucks fans are the only fans that can gripe as hard as Caps fans. We'll see. I'm sure it's gonna go the way I don't want it to but I guess it's not a done deal until it's done.
    I'm a Lions fan man, I' there with you. You can change 1000 things and it won't matter. I remember people being all happy that Schwartz was fired and I was like "It won't matter." They'll find a way to fail again. It's amazing. Different coaches, players, management...it doesn't matter.

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #45133
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

It is hard to compare with other teams because you don't know what their fans are feeling. Losing in the playoffs sucks no matter what. Yes, last year's run was amazing for the Rangers. You know why losing in the finals still felt good in the long run though? Because the Rangers have been nothing but frustrating for the 20 years before that. Including the entire time I have been a fan. Unless your team has won a Cup recently (last 10-15 years), losing hurts. Especially if the team you are watching is your overall favorite in any sport...like the Rangers are for me. Sox come close...but they are not on the level as the Rangers are for me.

I believe you need to watch game 7 as long as it remains close. If the Caps go up 2 or 3 nothing...yeah, ill probably turn on my happy music and get ready for baseball season. As long as the game is still within reach though...I will be watching.

I truly believe this series is 50% either way.
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #45134
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think Sharks fans could have a similar gripe, as well.
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #45135
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    I think Sharks fans could have a similar gripe, as well.
    Nah. They've been around for 20 years. Once they've put in 20 more then we'll talk.

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #45136
    SirBobalew
    DC Sports & DMB

My Tour Central Stats

See, I get people talking about the futility of individual NHL teams, but generally those cities have other sports teams that have won. Some don't, like Buffalo or Cleveland. And I know a ton of people in here are hockey fans and don't give a bleep about basketball/baseball/hockey. But I'm a fan of all sports, and root for all DC's teams. Of the cities that have a team in each of the four major US professional sports leagues, DC has gone the longest without winning anything.

So I get the frustration from hockey fans whose teams have also been bad. But for me, the thing that hurts is that as a fan of all sports, if I lived in the bay area, yeah the Sharks have been futile, but I'd have the Giants. I know that's no solace to someone who isn't a baseball fan, but I think the Caps would hurt me less if at least some DC team had won a title since 1992.
    Old 05-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #45137
    Dramageek
    Zounds!

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    It is hard to compare with other teams because you don't know what their fans are feeling. Losing in the playoffs sucks no matter what. Yes, last year's run was amazing for the Rangers. You know why losing in the finals still felt good in the long run though? Because the Rangers have been nothing but frustrating for the 20 years before that. Including the entire time I have been a fan. Unless your team has won a Cup recently (last 10-15 years), losing hurts. Especially if the team you are watching is your overall favorite in any sport...like the Rangers are for me. Sox come close...but they are not on the level as the Rangers are for me.

I believe you need to watch game 7 as long as it remains close. If the Caps go up 2 or 3 nothing...yeah, ill probably turn on my happy music and get ready for baseball season. As long as the game is still within reach though...I will be watching.

I truly believe this series is 50% either way.
    No matter what transpires, you have to be proud of the Rags for clawing back from being down 3-1 in each of the last two playoffs. I heard this morning that they were something like 13-3 in their last 16 games facing elimination. Not too shabby under pressure. But yeah, I imagine you eventually want a Cup to show for it.

The Pens just won back in 2009, so I can't complain too much at all, but with each passing year, the losing stings just a little more.
    Dramageek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #45138
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    See, I get people talking about the futility of individual NHL teams, but generally those cities have other sports teams that have won. Some don't, like Buffalo or Cleveland. And I know a ton of people in here are hockey fans and don't give a bleep about basketball/baseball/hockey. But I'm a fan of all sports, and root for all DC's teams. Of the cities that have a team in each of the four major US professional sports leagues, DC has gone the longest without winning anything.

So I get the frustration from hockey fans whose teams have also been bad. But for me, the thing that hurts is that as a fan of all sports, if I lived in the bay area, yeah the Sharks have been futile, but I'd have the Giants. I know that's no solace to someone who isn't a baseball fan, but I think the Caps would hurt me less if at least some DC team had won a title since 1992.
    Yeah I don't really care about the other sports but damn is it hard on DC. I try with Redskins every year and stop caring by about week 5, the Nationals seem like they're about to become equally as playoff miserable as the Caps, and the Wiz, well I couldn't give two shits about the NBA but I sure they don't become choke artists too now that they seem like they're gonna be competitive for a little while.

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #45139
    SirBobalew
    DC Sports & DMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dramageek View Post
    No matter what transpires, you have to be proud of the Rags for clawing back from being down 3-1 in each of the last two playoffs. I heard this morning that they were something like 13-3 in their last 16 games facing elimination. Not too shabby under pressure. But yeah, I imagine you eventually want a Cup to show for it.

The Pens just won back in 2009, so I can't complain too much at all, but with each passing year, the losing stings just a little more.
    And the Capitals are 4-12 in their last 16 chances to clinch a series. Oof.

Can't tell you what I'd give to have a championship from any team in the last decade.
    Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #45140
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dramageek View Post
    This. Yes I've seen 4 in my lifetime (more than anyone else in this thread) but over time, who cares? I'm not one of those Habs fans who will say "We've got 24 Cups!" And your last one was???? All of those made the last few years bearable until this year. They were a Cup contender through the first week of March and died after that. Their window gets smaller and smaller with some of these guys.

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #45141
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I wish I could contribute to this discussion about being able to relish in past championship successes, but.... you know.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #45142
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And the Capitals are 4-12 in their last 16 chances to clinch a series. Oof.

Can't tell you what I'd give to have a championship from any team in the last decade.
    *last two decades

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #45143
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Stupid west coast and their short series....I want to watch hockey tonight!
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #45144
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

My Tour Central Stats

i thought tampa/montreal was tonight, that sucks
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #45145
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    really dumb it isnt.
    and 2 days off for NY/WSH
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #45146
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unccrombie View Post
    really dumb it isnt.
    and 2 days off for NY/WSH
    Was Hawks/Wild supposed to be tonight maybe? A lot of things go into these schedules so when a series ends early, tough to adjust. Hey, Wings-Habs would have had game 6 tonight...sigh.

btw, you flipped the last two words there and totally changed the meaning of what you were saying. Also sounds like Yoda

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #45147
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    Was Hawks/Wild supposed to be tonight maybe? A lot of things go into these schedules so when a series ends early, tough to adjust. Hey, Wings-Habs would have had game 6 tonight...sigh.

btw, you flipped the last two words there and totally changed the meaning of what you were saying. Also sounds like Yoda
    yeah
    yoda indeed
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #45148
    dmbwadeo

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I believe there is a Bette Middler concert in Tampa tonight.
    dmbwadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #45149
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post

Quote:
    Old 05-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #45150
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The Twin Cities have gone longer ... a whole four months longer.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    #brohan1519