The BitTorrent Helper Thread - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #151
newsdog

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The BitTorrent Helper Thread

I don't see anywhere on the Foobar website where it talks about playing/converting SHN files. Etree won't install on my system for some reason.

I installed the "Special" version of Foobar and still no evidence of SHN. When I tried to play them anyway, I got an error message.

Any ideas?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM   #152
    rigan

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I followed the instructions on firewall and I added my bittorient program "azureus" to the allowed list but I am still getting a NAT Error. What can I do? Thanks for your help!
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #153
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newsdog
    I don't see anywhere on the Foobar website where it talks about playing/converting SHN files. Etree won't install on my system for some reason.

I installed the "Special" version of Foobar and still no evidence of SHN. When I tried to play them anyway, I got an error message.

Any ideas?
    Hmm...it's in the Special installer. At least it was. Check in your foobar2000/components folder for foo_shn.dll. If that's there it should play them and I have no clue why it won't. Are you certain you've finished downloading the entire show? You cannot stream these as they download. It has to be 100% complete (the file).
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:07 PM   #154
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rigan
    I followed the instructions on firewall and I added my bittorient program "azureus" to the allowed list but I am still getting a NAT Error. What can I do? Thanks for your help!
    Do you have a hardware firewall, ie a router? Did you disable the firewall built into XP?
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #155
    newsdog

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
    Hmm...it's in the Special installer. At least it was. Check in your foobar2000/components folder for foo_shn.dll. If that's there it should play them and I have no clue why it won't. Are you certain you've finished downloading the entire show? You cannot stream these as they download. It has to be 100% complete (the file).
    Oh yeah.. it's done. I did it in Azureus 2 nights ago. I took 2 shows. One was FLAC and it plays fine in FB, but the other is SHN and it won't play.

Also.. you ever heard of someone not being able to install etree?

Thanks!
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #156
    newsdog

My Tour Central Stats

now.. I did install the "Normal" foo the first time and then installed the "Special" one overtop of it. Would that be a problem?
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #157
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    now.. I did install the "Normal" foo the first time and then installed the "Special" one overtop of it. Would that be a problem?
    Hmm...it shouldn't be, but to be safe I'd uninstall them both and reinstall the special. Was the foo_shn.dll in the components folder? If not you can just get that here: http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uybc/#foo_shn

Just unzip and put in foobar2000/components folder.
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #158
    rigan

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think I have a hardware firewall and yes I did disable the firewall in XP. What else should I do and I think you for this help cause I gotta get this to work.
    Old 06-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #159
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rigan
    I don't think I have a hardware firewall and yes I did disable the firewall in XP. What else should I do and I think you for this help cause I gotta get this to work.
    Well, it still seems you've got a firewall. Do you have a router? Is more than one PC connected to your internet? Try shutting down norton completely, too. It still could be messing things up even though you set it right. Firewall programs can be like that.
    Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #160
    newsdog

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hmm...it shouldn't be, but to be safe I'd uninstall them both and reinstall the special. Was the foo_shn.dll in the components folder? If not you can just get that here: http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uybc/#foo_shn

Just unzip and put in foobar2000/components folder.
    That file is NOT in the folder. I'll try this and let you know.

Thanks!
    Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #161
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That file is NOT in the folder. I'll try this and let you know.

Thanks!
    Ah, that's odd. I wonder if they took it out of the Special installer for some reason? A new version of foobar is due out anyway.

You should be set, then, once you put it in the folder.
    Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #162
    smac242000
    Scott Mac

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Hi Mark,

I'm new to antsmarching.org and I'm trying to download a show. I found the show that I'm looking for, but when I try to download it my Media Player says that the file may be corrupt or it doesn't support the file.

I know that I'm an idiot, but can you help me?

Thanks!!
    Old 06-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #163
    newsdog

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ah, that's odd. I wonder if they took it out of the Special installer for some reason? A new version of foobar is due out anyway.

You should be set, then, once you put it in the folder.
    SHN works like a GEM now.. thanks a lot!!
    Old 07-01-2005, 05:49 AM   #164
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smac242000
    Hi Mark,

I'm new to antsmarching.org and I'm trying to download a show. I found the show that I'm looking for, but when I try to download it my Media Player says that the file may be corrupt or it doesn't support the file.

I know that I'm an idiot, but can you help me?

Thanks!!
    Are you trying to do this via .torrent? If so, please read post #1.
    Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #165
    Kevin86

My Tour Central Stats

Hi...im new to the site and i have attempted to download the 6-18-05 Meadows show using Azureus. I completed the download and it is a .shn file. Ive tried to convert it using mkwACT but i cannot download it becuase i get a "C:\WINDOWS\SYTSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the application" (16 bit Windows Subsystem) error...once that pissed me off i have attempted to just listen to the Bit Torrents using WinAmp and Foobar 2000 special (with the shn add in file) and im still not gettin a sound. I dunno why all this is happenin and there doesnt seem to b a sign of a corrupt file....so ne advice would b very greatful cuz im about to give up on this.
    Old 07-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #166
    Kevin86

My Tour Central Stats

seconds after makin my previous post....i started to click on the songs in Azureus and they started to play!!!!....but i still would like to convert them to .wav so i can put the songs on a cd.
    Old 07-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #167
    Kevin86

My Tour Central Stats

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT using the Shorten program......these forums really r helpful after lots and lots of searching and trial and error
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #168
    llenroc
    LeRoiMooreGrooGruxKing

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Dr. Strangelove, first of thank you so much for all the work you have done helping us less informed ants who are new to this. I downloaded Azureus and Foobar (special ed.). I went to dreamingtree.org and downloaded N2 of SPAC from this summer and can see all the tracks in the 3 seperate folders. I open foobar putthem up, left click and hit convert and I get this error message: INFO (CORE) : startup time: 1031 ms
    ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : Conversion failed.
    Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #169
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by llenroc
    Dr. Strangelove, first of thank you so much for all the work you have done helping us less informed ants who are new to this. I downloaded Azureus and Foobar (special ed.). I went to dreamingtree.org and downloaded N2 of SPAC from this summer and can see all the tracks in the 3 seperate folders. I open foobar putthem up, left click and hit convert and I get this error message: INFO (CORE) : startup time: 1031 ms
    Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    What formats are you trying to work with? What is the original file and what are you trying to convert to?

Also, be sure the files are completely downloaded. You will see them in the folders as soon as you start, but that doesn't mean they are finished downloading. Do the files play in foobar?
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #170
    llenroc
    LeRoiMooreGrooGruxKing

My Tour Central Stats

I am trying to convert shn to .wav
    The files do not play in foobar- I get this very long error message when I try to play them-
    NFO (CORE) : startup time: 1031 ms
    INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
    INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\dmb2005-07-02.akg481.shnf\dmb2005-07-02-d1\dmb2005-07-02-d1t03.shn" (0)
    ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
    INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\dmb2005-07-02.akg481.shnf\dmb2005-07-02-d1\dmb2005-07-02-d1t03.shn" (0)
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #171
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

OK, someone else may have been having this problem. It seems that they may not be including the shn plugin in the special installer anymore. Download the foo_shn.zip from here ( http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uybc/#foo_shn ), unzip it, and put it in your foobar2000/components folder. Make sure you restart foobar afterwards.

That should work. If it doesn't, then your files may not be completed yet.
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #172
    llenroc
    LeRoiMooreGrooGruxKing

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you again- when I look in foobar's components it doesn't show shn plug in. My fingers are crossed that will do the trick.
    Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #173
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by llenroc
    Thank you- when I look i fobar components it doesn't show shn plug in. My fingers are crossed that will do the trick.
    Ah, great. You should be set, then. I don't know why/when they stopped including the plugin.
    Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #174
    Right Side Up

Shows Seen: 156

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Greetings all,

I'm terribly sorry to be a redundant, slow learning fool -- but I am. Here's the deal...

I'm new to this bit torrent thing and it is, for some reason, like learning a new language. I used to DL shows from antsmarching.org when the ants downloader was available. Since it is no longer, I'm eager to learn this bit torrent deal so I can keep up with attaining copies of the shows I've attended.

When I used the ants downloader, I clicked on the source for the show I wanted, selected to DL the show, saved it to my comp, then decompressed them using the MKW tool. Can it be that it was oh so simple then?

After reading this entire thread and seeing others with many problems, I too am stuck in the process, and thus my quest to dominate -- okay, at least utilize -- the bit torrent technology has stalled.

I have Azureus and have downloaded a show. I am 99% certain that the show has fully downloaded (on the Files tab, all %'s are at 100% and all bars are blue). The problem now is that I don't know what to do with the files -- I can't listen to them from the computer and I can't convert them to .wav so as to burn them to disc (my primary end, here). When I click a file, I get a Windows prompt that reads,

"Windows cannot open this file:

File:

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it..."

I thought I might be able to simply drag the files into mkw a la the good ol' ants DLer days, but for whatever reason the MKW tool won't open at all on my computer (I double click it, the cursor hourglasses for about 3-5 seconds, then returns to an arrow and nothing happens...however, I think it may be running in the background because when I cntrl + alt + delete and choose processes, it is listed a number of times...what gives?).

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the madness? Usually I catch on to these things after sometime playing with them, but this curveball appears to be one I cannot hit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize again for posting what seems to be a problem that others have experienced.

Right Side Up
    Next week:
    Atlanta
    Tampa
    WPB x 2

Old 07-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #175
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right Side Up
    Greetings all,

I'm terribly sorry to be a redundant, slow learning fool -- but I am. Here's the deal...

I'm new to this bit torrent thing and it is, for some reason, like learning a new language. I used to DL shows from antsmarching.org when the ants downloader was available. Since it is no longer, I'm eager to learn this bit torrent deal so I can keep up with attaining copies of the shows I've attended.

When I used the ants downloader, I clicked on the source for the show I wanted, selected to DL the show, saved it to my comp, then decompressed them using the MKW tool. Can it be that it was oh so simple then?

After reading this entire thread and seeing others with many problems, I too am stuck in the process, and thus my quest to dominate -- okay, at least utilize -- the bit torrent technology has stalled.

I have Azureus and have downloaded a show. I am 99% certain that the show has fully downloaded (on the Files tab, all %'s are at 100% and all bars are blue). The problem now is that I don't know what to do with the files -- I can't listen to them from the computer and I can't convert them to .wav so as to burn them to disc (my primary end, here). When I click a file, I get a Windows prompt that reads,

"Windows cannot open this file:

File:

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it..."

I thought I might be able to simply drag the files into mkw a la the good ol' ants DLer days, but for whatever reason the MKW tool won't open at all on my computer (I double click it, the cursor hourglasses for about 3-5 seconds, then returns to an arrow and nothing happens...however, I think it may be running in the background because when I cntrl + alt + delete and choose processes, it is listed a number of times...what gives?).

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the madness? Usually I catch on to these things after sometime playing with them, but this curveball appears to be one I cannot hit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize again for posting what seems to be a problem that others have experienced.

Right Side Up
    Next week:
    Atlanta
    Tampa
    WPB x 2

Heya. It seems like you're having some type of problem with MKW, not the actual downloading of the shows. If everything is at 100% and the bars are full, the files are most certainly finished. Have you tried running the .md5 file first to verify your .shns? Try doing that (well, restart your computer first to make sure MKW didn't error out on you and is still in the background like you said). If that works, then we know the files are fine. I'd say try to convert them as normal one more time (just like you said...you're doing everything right). If that doesn't work, there are some other tools that will convert for you. Try foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org/ along with this plugin: http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uybc/#foo_shn (unzip it and put it in the foobar2000/components folder).

See what happens and best of luck.
    Old 07-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #176
    heywhynot
    BTCS II please...

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I backread a page or so but didn't find any Q/As coinciding with my problem. I have downloaded a few shows using torrent but I don't know how to get them to play. I want to find a way to get them on iTunes. They are .flac and .mk4w, I believe. I click them but they it can't identify what type of file they are. Then I try to open with iTunes, but it brings iTunes up but nothing happens. I figured maybe i need to have some kind of a converter, but i have never been able to figure out the mkw audio compresser thing I have, and I'm not even sure it's the right tool for torrents. I've had these files for weeks now and just can't figure out what I'm doing. Any help is deeply appreciated.
    Old 07-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #177
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heywhynot
    I backread a page or so but didn't find any Q/As coinciding with my problem. I have downloaded a few shows using torrent but I don't know how to get them to play. I want to find a way to get them on iTunes. They are .flac and .mk4w, I believe. I click them but they it can't identify what type of file they are. Then I try to open with iTunes, but it brings iTunes up but nothing happens. I figured maybe i need to have some kind of a converter, but i have never been able to figure out the mkw audio compresser thing I have, and I'm not even sure it's the right tool for torrents. I've had these files for weeks now and just can't figure out what I'm doing. Any help is deeply appreciated.
    You can refer to my last post (the one before yours) and get foobar if you want. I don't use iTunes, but I know you can pretty much convert to anything with foobar. Even if you cannot go to AAC, you can at least get to a format iTunes will recognize.
    Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #178
    heywhynot
    BTCS II please...

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

ah, good call. Very helpful thanks a lot +1

+1 when i can, that is
    Old 07-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #179
    gunner69

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

i've dl azureus but can't get it to open so i can use it. what gives? also whenever i do get it to work, do the files work like shn( useing mkw or flak) or is it like a server?
    Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #180
    rpdmm7

My Tour Central Stats

hey guys this may sound dumb but i have just dowloaded the 7-10 dmb show from mansfield and now i cant figure out how to listen to he songs or put them on a cd. if anyone has anything on this that could help me it would be greatly appreciated.thanks!