***Official MSG 2022 Thread*** - Page 41 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #1201
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official MSG 2022 Thread***

Bryant Park is a cool scene
ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-20-2022, 01:17 PM   #1202
    Titotimmy
    Lillywhite's Tapeworm

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post

Our hotel was a block from there this weekend, place was packed yesterday; lots of cool shops to check out

R.I.P. Last Stop 4/8/1998 - 9/1/2018
    Titotimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #1203
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just waiting for Brenny to post his review (with his new username)
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #1204
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

The girl player is 21 years old and still in Juliard. That is insanely cool.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 02:15 PM   #1205
    RunawayTwoStep

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titotimmy View Post
    Our hotel was a block from there this weekend, place was packed yesterday; lots of cool shops to check out
    The wife, my son and I checked out that winter village Saturday afternoon, it was cool, super busy. One of the facilities workers was very vocal with his thoughts about the cheese stand that stunk to the heavens. My impressionable young son was amused to say the least
    RunawayTwoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 02:24 PM   #1206
    Cobraman332
    mdh

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    The girl player is 21 years old and still in Juliard. That is insanely cool.
    Yes! N2 was a blast all around, but Summer Camargo crushing it on the trumpet is something I won't forget. 21 years old, still in school, just going insane in front of 20,000+ was 🤯.

As she wrapped up her last solo my wife turned to me and said, "And that's how a star is born."

https://instagram.com/summercamargom...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Cobraman332 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 02:31 PM   #1207
    Tomacco

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

All the Tim hate on this board is baffling to me. I loved his #41 solo last night and his (surprising) Two Step solo. They were mellow, different, and interesting, IMO. Both created a spacey trippy mood. It’s not all about energy and going apeshit. Most people around me were talking during Tim’s solo, it feels like nobody has an attention span for anything slower and methodical anymore.

And I maintain, Deer Creek this year sucked because he wasn’t there.

Last edited by Tomacco; 11-20-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #1208
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    All the Tim hate on this board is baffling to me. I loved his #41 solo last night and his (surprising) Two Step solo. They were mellow, different, and interesting, IMO. Both created a spacey trippy mood. It’s not all about energy and going apeshit. Most people around me were talking during Tim’s solo, it feels like nobody has an attention span for anything slower and methodical anymore.

Tim is one heck of a talented guitar player. Finally saw my first TR3 show and enjoyed it beyond belief. I liked his #41 solo and liked him in Two Step as well.

Being at Deer Creek and MSG N2 I have to say while I usually hate cornbread I loved the more bluesy solos by Lawlor and Whitfield as opposed to the slide guitar solo by Tim on Cornbread. Those blues rock based solos both made that part more interesting and was the better fit in my opinion.

Pig with no electric guitar was better at Deer Creek. This is a band that blew up with an acoustic percussive sound and it's not as much of a knock on Tim as it is about the band in this era or previous eras being better with no electric guitar or scaled back electric guitar like tim on RR95 and the 1998 winter tour. The Big 3 albums saw Lillywhite ensure tim didn't play any distorted electric guitar at all and it created the best albums from the band. I don't want tim playing the chords to busted stuff like 2000 I want to hear dave's guitar if it ever comes back. I don't need tim on DDTW having loud harmonics over what used to be a more acoustic driven song.

Also of note places like the #41 solo there should be a sax not an electric guitar. I was actually disappointed at Deer Creek when Jeff didn't have a solo there given that Tim was out.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 03:15 PM   #1209
    bullet78

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

What a dichotomy. N1 was the worst show I've been to (keep in mind, it's relative, there are no bad Dave shows IMO) while N2 might have been the best (or at least, quite possibly the most fun I've had). And that's with seeing (aka, being right next to, given our seats) nonstop atrocious interactions between an usher in section 3 and multiple fans. Story for another day.

Amazing weekend in the city. Hotel was a couple blocks from MSG. It's 100% worth doing these shows and booking a hotel nearby for amazing convenience. Zero logistics to work out, zero traffic, 5 stars.

Sound was way improved on N2. Band sounded really good. Agree with those that didn't love the Timmy solos this weekend but apart from that, and an encore that could have been more epic (wasn't bad at all, but I did see PFWYG at SPAC this summer), N2 was incredible. Energy on the floor was 10/10. Told my wife when Pig started after Rapunzel/41 that we're going to get a banger of a set. I'm surprised Madman's Eyes isn't more popular. Think it easily the best concert track of any of the newer stuff.
    bullet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #1210
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titotimmy View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RunawayTwoStep View Post
    The wife, my son and I checked out that winter village Saturday afternoon, it was cool, super busy. One of the facilities workers was very vocal with his thoughts about the cheese stand that stunk to the heavens. My impressionable young son was amused to say the least

Great day and it keeps going!

Random N2 thought - Dave's belts were really clean, powerful, not much strain, while not my favorite song his singing on Cornbread actually stood out to me in this way
    Old 11-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #1211
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post

Wild take and I think an unpopular one. Deer Creek was underwhelming because of the average setlist night 1 and the shit turd encore night 2. Pretty much everyone I spoke to at Deer Creek that weekend was loving the fact Tim wasn't there, just as I was. Him not being there was the highlight of the shows.
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #1212
    mcgarrett41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

N1 was just way too low energy until the last 4-5 songs. So much of the crowd was sitting during N1.

N2 was fucking incredible. That Rapunzel opener felt so old school. Then 41 and Pig? Loved seeing BOWA and Say Goodbye in this set too. Steady As We Go had an incredible extended outro. Two Step was massive.
    mcgarrett41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #1213
    danielalan

Shows Seen: 135

My Tour Central Stats

Night 1 was not that good.
    Night 2 was solid . Fun weekend with friends . Fall tour was a complete waste of time from the band. MSG night 2 should be the normal for a tour not the so called grand finale. I would take PFWYG at every show. Funny it was busted out at spac and then done last night for msg. I’m Sure many people like myself were at both shows. But we all know at this point the band doesn’t care about the 5-10% traveling to multiple shows
    danielalan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 07:43 PM   #1214
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

MSG in November should just become a yearly thing at this point. They pack that place with hardcore great fans every-time they play there. Last night was a fantastic show.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 11:45 PM   #1215
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

It was weird to see rows of seats empty. Especially lowers.

N2 obviously was the better set. I’m slightly sad that my run of shows with at least one song I’ve never heard before has met it’s end, but that’s to be expected. It kinda made N2 that much better because I didn’t have to think like that and look forward to something I’ve never seen, I just enjoyed what was being played (ended up getting my first SAWG, which was kinda cool with the couple dancing to their wedding song next to me).

Guests were good, I do wish Whitfield had gotten to guest on something more interesting. That Shake Me was probably the closest to the studio version we’ll ever get and was actually fun to see. I hope they put out an album soon though, I could use some fresh stuff in the rotation. Hopefully something can knock DYR out of the A team, although it’s been a really reliable bathroom song
    Old 11-21-2022, 05:09 AM   #1216
    Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    It was weird to see rows of seats empty. Especially lowers.
    I was on the floor near 107 N1. There were probably 3-4 rows of 80% empty seats in the front of that section and the people who were there sat down. Sad to see they couldn't go to someone who would appreciate them. On top of that, you stick WH premium even further away in 105.
    Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 05:58 AM   #1217
    nick997k
    Drinking Big Whiskey

Shows Seen: 88

My Tour Central Stats

Interesting to hear about the empty seats. I only got tickets to N1 through the warehouse, but couldn't go so I tried to sell them....with no luck. Had I had seats for both nights it may have been more incentive to figure out a way to go. But I wasn't going to pay the prices ticketmaster was asking for resale tickets or "platinum seats" (whatever that means) for a mediocre seat at best...

Seems like there were a ton of tickets here, and elsewhere, for sale in the days and weeks leading up to this weekend, but there was very low demand, and that was reflected with the crowd size...
    Old 11-21-2022, 06:01 AM   #1218
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    MSG in November should just become a yearly thing at this point. They pack that place with hardcore great fans every-time they play there. Last night was a fantastic show.

I agree with this. Regardless of tour, just make the weekend before Thanksgiving (or thereabouts) a 2 night MSG stand. The venue, the city--it just makes sense.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 06:17 AM   #1219
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

Shows Seen: 203

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Someone stole my N1 poster. They were still selling them N2. I bought one. Someone stole it.

Some people suck.
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 06:26 AM   #1220
    RunawayTwoStep

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zags85 View Post
    I was on the floor near 107 N1. There were probably 3-4 rows of 80% empty seats in the front of that section and the people who were there sat down. Sad to see they couldn't go to someone who would appreciate them. On top of that, you stick WH premium even further away in 105.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
    Interesting to hear about the empty seats. I only got tickets to N1 through the warehouse, but couldn't go so I tried to sell them....with no luck. Had I had seats for both nights it may have been more incentive to figure out a way to go. But I wasn't going to pay the prices ticketmaster was asking for resale tickets or "platinum seats" (whatever that means) for a mediocre seat at best...

Seems like there were a ton of tickets here, and elsewhere, for sale in the days and weeks leading up to this weekend, but there was very low demand, and that was reflected with the crowd size...
    The place was packed both nights. The super expensive seats in the couple rows you’re talking about were the only noticeable empty seats I could see in the place.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    Someone stole my N1 poster. They were still selling them N2. I bought one. Someone stole it.

Some people suck.
    I’d love to hear how this happened, twice!?
    RunawayTwoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 07:09 AM   #1221
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Might be fighting words around here but for me Andiamo's > Artichoke Pizza, checking out John's of Bleeker today
    Old 11-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #1222
    mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

was hoping Ann Marie wouldve showed up this weekend. Tough to introduce that during the summer and then let it fall to the wayside for the fall. wonder if they wish they hadnt opened that can of worms
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 07:35 AM   #1223
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    was hoping Ann Marie wouldve showed up this weekend. Tough to introduce that during the summer and then let it fall to the wayside for the fall. wonder if they wish they hadnt opened that can of worms

They don’t think about things that way.

Did anyone expect her to show up again in the fall?
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #1224
    too69short

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Night 2 as everyone has said was just a lot of fun, the energy and true fans in the Northeast always make MSG shows a fun environment, even during a N1 less energetic show. However, I think the sad part for me is was that aside from the guests, it wasn't much different than a solid 1998 show. Granted this is why many of us love the band but I thought we would be somewhere different at this point in history.

On to the next tour to hit #100.
    too69short is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 09:33 AM   #1225
    Beauford3641

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    They don’t think about things that way.

Did anyone expect her to show up again in the fall?
    I think a lot of people had themselves convinced that she was now going to be a part of the band when in reality it was indeed just a one off. A cool one off to be sure, but a one off all the same. The band lineup that exists now is most likely it until the end of the road comes for DMB, whenever that is. Then it'll probably just become Dave and friends in whatever formation it will be.
    Beauford3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #1226
    Beauford3641

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    Honestly to the band it was probably no different than with any other guest. And really that's probably how it should be.
    Beauford3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 11:17 AM   #1227
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beauford3641 View Post
    Honestly to the band it was probably no different than with any other guest. And really that's probably how it should be.
    If it is something the fans really loved, you can bet that it is not that to the band. Most tone-deaf band of all time.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 11:38 AM   #1228
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

There are only a handful of venues deserving of 3 nights stands these days. This is one of them.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #1229
    Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I had a ton of fun in NYC last weekend. I've mentioned it before, but I don't go in with any expectations and haven't for many years now. With that being said, I was basically able to laugh off N1. That was just a weird setlist to play so many songs in a row that aren't on the big 3 albums is just kind of a buzzkill. The energy was pretty low by midset. Anyway, the LIOG and Ants with guests were awesome. One of the best guest solos I've seen on LIOG. I don't like that they don't do the LIOG reprise when they have guests though. Same thing happened at Alpine this summer with Eric Krasno. Awesome guitar solo and then the song just ends with no reprise. Kind of strange to me.

N2 was epic all around. A lot of good song choices. Energy stayed high throughout. The guests were awesome. I don't care all that much for Jimi Thing (it's my most seen song by a few, it has literally been played at 47% of all 60 shows I've seen) except for the jamming portion and it's always great when they have extra horns guesting. Seeing 6 horns rotating solos for several minutes was fantastic. I was surprised more people weren't chanting for Last Stop like last year when we got it.

Both nights I was able to upgrade my seats by stalking TM throughout the day of the shows. N1 I pulled face value seats in section 108 about 1.5 hours before the show and was even able to sell my 120's on TM before the show started. N2 I pulled four seats together on the floor in Section B row 10 for face value. They apparently dropped 6 seats together because the 2 seats next to ours were instantly available for Fan Resale for $1400 each and that was like only 5 hours before the show started.

What was the deal with the show stickers and shirts? They didn't even say the year on them let alone the actual dates of the shows. Plus misspelling Madison on the shirts? Were they deliberately trying to make them look like bootleg merch as like an inside NYC joke? It was just kind of strange.

Roughest part of the trip was that we had to wake up at 3:30am after N2 to fly home because I had to be home early for something, so I only got about 3 hours of sleep after N2. I'm still feeling it today for sure.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #1230
    TerrapinMonkey

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
    I had a ton of fun in NYC last weekend. I've mentioned it before, but I don't go in with any expectations and haven't for many years now. With that being said, I was basically able to laugh off N1. That was just a weird setlist to play so many songs in a row that aren't on the big 3 albums is just kind of a buzzkill. The energy was pretty low by midset. Anyway, the LIOG and Ants with guests were awesome. One of the best guest solos I've seen on LIOG. I don't like that they don't do the LIOG reprise when they have guests though. Same thing happened at Alpine this summer with Eric Krasno. Awesome guitar solo and then the song just ends with no reprise. Kind of strange to me.

N2 was epic all around. A lot of good song choices. Energy stayed high throughout. The guests were awesome. I don't care all that much for Jimi Thing (it's my most seen song by a few, it has literally been played at 47% of all 60 shows I've seen) except for the jamming portion and it's always great when they have extra horns guesting. Seeing 6 horns rotating solos for several minutes was fantastic. I was surprised more people weren't chanting for Last Stop like last year when we got it.

Both nights I was able to upgrade my seats by stalking TM throughout the day of the shows. N1 I pulled face value seats in section 108 about 1.5 hours before the show and was even able to sell my 120's on TM before the show started. N2 I pulled four seats together on the floor in Section B row 10 for face value. They apparently dropped 6 seats together because the 2 seats next to ours were instantly available for Fan Resale for $1400 each and that was like only 5 hours before the show started.

What was the deal with the show stickers and shirts? They didn't even say the year on them let alone the actual dates of the shows. Plus misspelling Madison on the shirts? Were they deliberately trying to make them look like bootleg merch as like an inside NYC joke? It was just kind of strange.

Roughest part of the trip was that we had to wake up at 3:30am after N2 to fly home because I had to be home early for something, so I only got about 3 hours of sleep after N2. I'm still feeling it today for sure.
    Do you just hound TM on twitter? What is your approach? I've always been told there are no upgrades when I reached out.

It is super lame though that they drop "extra" seats in a previously sold out section day of the show and immediately end up on resale. Either they are telling the scalpers this or just doing it themselves like insider trading.
    TerrapinMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote