*** Official Denver, CO 2022 - Page 25 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-04-2022, 02:34 PM   #721
trent84

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
Ya'll swing?
Not since the monkeypox outbreak!!!
trent84 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #722
    Springraces

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pick Me Up Love View Post
    I'm such an idiot. I didn't even think to look at AXS.

Thank you very much!!
    Yes! I was able to get some upper reserved on the premium tab on a whim when I couldn't find any on the reg tab or seatgeek for reasonable prices.

They had a TON left about a week ago. Low Res were like $190? Still not bad if you want a good seat.

It's a note taken for next year because when tickets drop those premium prices are like triple. They come down based on demand throughout the summer!
    Springraces is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #723
    Springraces

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    Shameless plug for my restaurant chain Illegal Pete's. We have a deal called Soundcheck. Free draft beer or house Marg with the purchase of an adult entree on the day of any show/game. Just show your ticket to the cashier at checkout and they'll hook you up. Must be same day of the event.

Our DTC location is just a few miles away from Fiddler's.
    Fantastic local chain! Highly recommend to everyone visiting.
    Springraces is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2022, 08:20 AM   #724
    Aarondelt
    Dude.

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Springraces View Post
    Fantastic local chain! Highly recommend to everyone visiting.
    Yep! They do a great job honoring us teachers so they will always have my business!
    Aarondelt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #725
    draegs

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

The wife and I decided to skip N1 so we could finally see Red Rocks since Brandi will be playing there. Any tips on travel (we'll have a rental car), parking, when to arrive, etc. for us?
    Old 08-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #726
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by draegs View Post
    The wife and I decided to skip N1 so we could finally see Red Rocks since Brandi will be playing there. Any tips on travel (we'll have a rental car), parking, when to arrive, etc. for us?
    Morrison Inn has a rooftop area that has some average mexican food and big margs if you are looking for a fun spot before the show.

All the RR lots are free parking, depending on when you get there and where they park you, it can be a literal hike to get up to the venue. They also have taxis/ubers that will run you to the top if you don't want to brave the hike.

If you want to get the full experience of RR, I would recommend getting there a half hour before doors open, get inside, get your spot figured out, and then go through the museum. You can spend more than hour just looking at all the exhibits they have.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #727
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I’m doing it in reverse. Seeing Brandi Carlile jam with the Indigo Girls was too good to pass up. Plus, I already had tix when DMB announced dates. It’ll be the first real DMB show in Colorado I have missed since 1997… but alas… at this juncture, I’m more excited to see what Brandi, Amy and Emily have up their sleeves.
    Old 08-09-2022, 01:01 AM   #728
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

i would say plan to be there for when doors open so you can get a decent parking spot. the upper north lot is the best (coming down from I-70) as it is the easiest walk to get to the venue.

morrison itself is a nice little town (like 3 blocks) to walk around and get food, but it can be pretty busy when there is a show.

if you get there later, closer to when the show starts, you could be stuck parking on one of the roads. theres not enough space for everybody in the lots if its sold out, so they just park cars wherever they can fit them. i've literally had to walk a mile to get to the gates because the lots were full, and its all uphill at 6500ft.

get there early and wander around. there is a visitor center at the top that is pretty interesting. they have some historical facts about the rock formations, a hallway with a list of every show, and then there is a room that usually has some sort of video playing. theres also some displays of guitars and stuff from bands that have played there and some before/after photos of red rocks in the early days and when it was being constructed vs today and painting by a local artist named scramble campbell.

also, if you have a day to explore and want to see the mountains, take a ride out to breckenridge. really nice little old mining town to walk around. if you don't want to go for the entire afternoon, take a drive to loveland pass and back. its about an hour from denver, but great views, especially at the pass.
    Old 08-09-2022, 05:01 AM   #729
    draegs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    also, if you have a day to explore and want to see the mountains, take a ride out to breckenridge. really nice little old mining town to walk around. if you don't want to go for the entire afternoon, take a drive to loveland pass and back. its about an hour from denver, but great views, especially at the pass.
    Thanks for the tips. We are there Thursday night through Sunday morning...so plenty of time for sightseeing.
    Old 08-10-2022, 08:58 AM   #730
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

What's everyone's favorite sightseeing near Denver and surrounding areas? I went out last year, but this is my wife's first time. Currently planning on Meow Wolf, Red Rocks, Garden of the Gods, and Rocky Mountain National Park? Anything else that I'm missing worth checking out?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #731
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    What's everyone's favorite sightseeing near Denver and surrounding areas? I went out last year, but this is my wife's first time. Currently planning on Meow Wolf, Red Rocks, Garden of the Gods, and Rocky Mountain National Park? Anything else that I'm missing worth checking out?

I've personally never done Garden of the Gods as it has always felt tourist trappy to me. There isn't anything to write home about in terms of Colorado Springs unless you are really into the military and want to check out the Air & Space museum.

If you're going to go an hour and a half out of your way to visit another town while you're here you should head up to Fort Collins. Super walkable main town center, Odell Brewery, good restaurants, parks/open spaces, etc.

Just my .02
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #732
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I could also add "what are the best outdoor views?"

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #733
    zjg135

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've personally never done Garden of the Gods as it has always felt tourist trappy to me. There isn't anything to write home about in terms of Colorado Springs unless you are really into the military and want to check out the Air & Space museum.

If you're going to go an hour and a half out of your way to visit another town while you're here you should head up to Fort Collins. Super walkable main town center, Odell Brewery, good restaurants, parks/open spaces, etc.

Just my .02
    Love it here for all the aforementioned and so much more. As long as @saxlover doesn’t show up we are good.
    zjg135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 11:45 PM   #734
    spoot388

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

i only did GotG once. it was nice, but unless i missed something, it wasn't worth going to colorado springs for. its the same rock formations that make up red rocks, and red rocks is better, imo. unless you're doing something else down there, i dont think its worth the trip just for GotG. there is the cog railway at pikes peak though. its a train that takes you to the top of the mountain, 14,000+ feet, one of the tallest mountains in the country.

meow wolf is really cool. a regular touristy visit there is about an hour and a half to 2 hours. if you REALLY want to get into it, theres a TON of stuff to discover and you could spend literally the entire day there finding things and trying to solve the mystery.

red rocks is a public city park when not actively being used for a show. generally its open until about 1pm if there is a show that night. there is a visitor center at the top with some info about the history of the area, a hallway with a list of all past shows, and then an exhibit room with some memorabilia from performers and photos of the venue past and present. give yourself at least an hour there.

RMNP requires a reservation to enter, along with the standard park entry fee due to overcrowding. trail ridge road has some incredible views with a visitor center at the top. if you keep going past the visitor center, you'll be heading towards the west gate for the park, near grand lake. estes park is nice little town right outside the park, but it can get very busy because its right by the park and close to the front range where most of the population lives. grand lake is smaller and less fancy, but less crowded because its on the far side of the park. if going to RMNP/estes, i would highly recommend taking the peak to peak highway there and/or back to denver. it goes from blackhawk (the las vegas of the rockies) up to estes park and has some great views of the continental divide. blackhawk and central city are cool little towns to drive/walk through even if you don't gamble. also, nederland is a nice little spot along the peak to peak highway.

personally, i would recommend going out to breckenridge over colorado springs. breck is a beautiful little mountain town. lots of charm and character with buildings dating back to like the 1870s. there is a main street with a ton of shops and eateries.

take the scenic route out there. take I70 to loveland pass, which climbs to 11,990ft as you pass over the continental divide. theres a parking lot at the top if you want to stop and take a look around (recommended). on the way down the other side, you'll very shortly pass by arapahoe basin ski resort, where it is not uncommon to be able to ski through june and even until the 4th of july.

once you come down loveland pass, turn on swan mountain road, which will take you around the back side of dillon resevoir. there is a pulloff for sapphire point overlook, which gives a great view of breckenridge, which is like 15 minutes away.

its about an hour and a half to 2 hours to breck, depending on how many stops you make and for how long. its, imo, the best place to visit in terms of being a reasonable distance with great views and not needing to worry about a reservation or massive crowds like RMNP (which is still great).

Last edited by spoot388; 08-10-2022 at 11:49 PM.
    spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 07:10 AM   #735
    jsosnay

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Just my .02
    Everyone's mileage varies I suppose. I visited Colorado Springs in the 90s for a soccer tournament. Went to Garden of the Gods and was astounded by the rock formations. Absolutely beautiful in my opinion. The next day we took the tram to the top of Pike's Peak and the view was incredible. Looking down you could see the Garden of the Gods and what had, only the day before, been these immense formations, were now these tiny little rocks. Incredible perspective for me anyway.

Have also been to Fort Collins for work. Spent some time at the University and the surrounding area. Was nice, but I didn't think it was that unlike most other college towns.
    jsosnay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 05:54 PM   #736
    credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I second breckenridge as a destination. Great mountain town with lots of shops and restaurants. However like everything else in Colorado Breck in the summer is just as busy as everything else in Colorado. I-70 can get slow and traffic jams, just be prepared. Estes Park is a great town too but won’t repeat anything that spoot already nailed on that town.

Also concur I would skip Colorado Springs and Fort Collins. Garden of the gods is cool, but it’s rocks. Fort Collins is a college town, not much else.

For those that ask about breweries, they are a dime a dozen in Colorado/Denver. Just find some and check them out. Every opinion is different on breweries. People will say XX is the best, but some mentioned on here I would not walk into with my worst enemy, garbage. Opinions of beer are just different. So I say look em up and go find what you like.

Cheers all, have fun in Denver.
    credin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2022, 02:55 AM   #737
    scollie41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Just booked my flight and going to N1. Would love to go see Brandi but not sure over $250/seat is worth it.
    scollie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #738
    bkuruts

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Probably a long shot but in need of 3 lowers for N1 if anyone has any.
    bkuruts is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2022, 11:41 AM   #739
    draegs

My Tour Central Stats

Tickets shipped today...we're getting close now.
    Old 08-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #740
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome, been eagerly awaiting seat numbers to get into hands so I can trade out my N2 pits.
    Old 08-24-2022, 08:27 PM   #741
    boldm002

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Is this venue still checking vaccinations? According to the FAQ on axs, they are. However, it’s not listed anywhere on the ticket buying pages. It’s not clear to me.
    boldm002 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #742
    boldm002

Shows Seen: 78

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boldm002 View Post
    Is this venue still checking vaccinations? According to the FAQ on axs, they are. However, it’s not listed anywhere on the ticket buying pages. It’s not clear to me.
    https://www.aegpresents.com/denver-health-policy/

Never mind, I found it and they removed the vaccine mandates.
    boldm002 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #743
    Chrisdar1

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Hey everyone,
    Making the trip out to Fiddlers from Buffalo, NY. Saw a lot of people recommending Breckenridge for a day trip, what are your thoughts of going to Vail? It's Vail's Octoberfest weekend Sept 9-10, is it doable/realistic to head there and back before the show(s)? (We'll have a car.) Also saw that the Westword Music Showcase will be going on that same weekend in the RiNo Art District. Anyone done that? Looks like bands start Saturday in the afternoon...

Any info is greatly appreciated!
    Old 08-25-2022, 09:53 AM   #744
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

My sister has a pair of N2 seats in 201 M she can’t use. If anyone needs them let me know.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:05 PM   #745
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Making the trip out to Fiddlers from Buffalo, NY. Saw a lot of people recommending Breckenridge for a day trip, what are your thoughts of going to Vail? It's Vail's Octoberfest weekend Sept 9-10, is it doable/realistic to head there and back before the show(s)? (We'll have a car.) Also saw that the Westword Music Showcase will be going on that same weekend in the RiNo Art District. Anyone done that? Looks like bands start Saturday in the afternoon...

Not a CO resident, so I defer to those with experience, but have spent a decent amount of time out there. Not sure where you're staying, but Denver to Vail is a decent haul. I'd budget 2 hours each way, and that is assuming (praying?) you don't hit traffic issues. It's a GORGEOUS drive, but it's also a bit challenging - and accidents can happen up there and really gum up the works. I personally probably wouldn't try it, but I'm also getting old and crotchety.

I had actually looked at the Music Showcase too. I haven't done it before, but $55 a piece to not stay and trip out to the Flaming Lips felt a bit pricey to me. But, I did think it looked like a fun time.

I think the wife and I have settled on Meow Wolf for Friday.
    Old 08-25-2022, 01:41 PM   #746
    Chrisdar1

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcwalb2 View Post
    Not a CO resident, so I defer to those with experience, but have spent a decent amount of time out there. Not sure where you're staying, but Denver to Vail is a decent haul. I'd budget 2 hours each way, and that is assuming (praying?) you don't hit traffic issues. It's a GORGEOUS drive, but it's also a bit challenging - and accidents can happen up there and really gum up the works. I personally probably wouldn't try it, but I'm also getting old and crotchety.

I had actually looked at the Music Showcase too. I haven't done it before, but $55 a piece to not stay and trip out to the Flaming Lips felt a bit pricey to me. But, I did think it looked like a fun time.

I think the wife and I have settled on Meow Wolf for Friday.
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply!
    Old 08-25-2022, 02:22 PM   #747
    whodaddy
    antsonwhiskey

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Damn I love seeing that FedEx man a few weeks before a show. Tix in hand. Can’t wait to see you again, coloRADo!

2023 : D&T Mexico, Chicago, Gorge
    2024 : D&T Mexico, Alpine
    whodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2022, 02:33 PM   #748
    canyonfool

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Tickets in hand!
    canyonfool is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2022, 11:26 PM   #749
    spoot388

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    Hey everyone,

vail is the pretty much same distance as breckenridge, about 90 minutes from denver, possibly 2 hours or more if there's bad traffic. it really depends on what you're looking to do. if you're just looking for a drive through the mountains to see some views and stop for a little walk and a bite to eat, ya, its totally doable. if you're looking to actually spend time in vail (or breck) probably not.

i've never been to vail, but the pictures i've seen don't seem as appealing to me as breckenridge is. vail just seems like its trying too hard. its rich people's town. its a lot of condos and new buildings made to look old. i feel like its like a disney town, trying to make it look like where else, like you're in the swiss alps. breck is more authentic. you'll find new construction, but it'll be across the street from buildings from 1890. i'd suggest looking at some google maps and images of the two and see what appeals more to you.

if you went to either, i would suggest leaving by like 3 to get back for the show. afternoon traffic on I70 heading back towards denver can get backed up, especially on saturday. plan for 2 hours back, and that'll get you back into town early enough to get dinner before the show. if you left around 9am, you'd have time to get there, have a couple hours to walk around/eat and then get back without stressing for time before the show. it'll be a long day though.
    Old 08-26-2022, 04:20 AM   #750
    desertdogesq

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Still looking for elusive seats anywhere in 102 for my night 2 birthday show. Man, they are so hard to find. Been checking various sources religiously multiple times a day. For 101 and 103, at what point do the seat numbers start to get sketchy in terms of extreme angle side views?
    desertdogesq is offline   Reply With Quote