**Dave & Tim Mexico 2023** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-22-2022, 03:32 AM   #61
mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Dave & Tim Mexico 2023**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
The raised platform I mentioned is the dark rectangle with the wheelchair icon on the map. It was labeled as an ADA section but I saw all types of people go there for a seat.
Last year, we tried to sit there for a minute and they stopped us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
They will bus you over to if you don't want to walk. I recall last year they also had a separate side entrance to the venue area for Grand folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
Yes I'm aware. The question posed was "how far of a walk."
I wouldn’t walk. N2 we walked post show to Nizuc and stayed there for a bit. When it was time to leave for the Grand, we found a shuttle and took it the rest of the way.

FWIW, plan what places and room types you want, but last year, I wasn’t able to buy until the Warehouse presale and the alumni presale wiped out every room type we wanted. The only options left at that point was the Grand.
But I also feel like they didn’t put Nizuc on sale immediately. I could be wrong, but I thought that opened after the general public on sale.
mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-22-2022, 03:51 AM   #62
    SeminolePride77

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

One more question for the show veterans-are any of vegetarian or vegan and if so how are the food options for plant based people at Sunrise and, if you know, The Grand?

Thanks again to everyone whose replies to my questions!
    SeminolePride77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 04:59 AM   #63
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I'm so close to pulling the trigger and doing this -- I'd be riding solo, so I'm nervous if it's going to be awkward for me, but this has been a bucket list item since the trips began, and I'm at a point where it's just, 'Screw it, let's go.'
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:22 AM   #64
    SeminolePride77

My Tour Central Stats

Thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it - anyone out there who has been here before also vegetarian or vegan? Wondering about food options for my fiance whose plant based. Preferably something other than salads.

Thanks much
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:24 AM   #65
    gck105

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by surferbrad87 View Post
    That's correct. You can listen from a distance but they make it a pretty long distance from gates to stage.

I always thought that during these events that the resort was exclusive to the concert goers. That's kind of disappointing. Looks like the Sunrise might be, at least for now you can't book any rooms during those dates. I checked the Nizuc, and you can book it. The concert package has essentially doubled the cost for the hotel based on the prices showing.

Thinking about this for an anniversary trip, but having a hard time swallowing that much for a concert(s). I've paid a lot to see Dave over the years, but never that much. It is basically a $3000 up charge. Curious what makes it "worth it" for those who enjoyed it?
    gck105 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:49 AM   #66
    jubes02

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeminolePride77 View Post
    One more question for the show veterans-are any of vegetarian or vegan and if so how are the food options for plant based people at Sunrise and, if you know, The Grand?

Thanks again to everyone whose replies to my questions!
    Yes, there are definitely vegan/vegetarian options. I can't remember the exact details but I recall talking to one of the hotel concierge type people and I think the owner might be a vegetarian or something so he makes sure his hotels have plenty of options. You should call or email the resort for more details. My fiance is a non-drinker and we were so impressed with how they catered to her with all sorts of n/a drinks. They really make it "all inclusive" for everyone. Another example is every time you order food or go into a restaurant they screen everyone and ask what you are allergic to etc. and they take it very seriously. We were super impressed!
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:51 AM   #67
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gck105 View Post
    I always thought that during these events that the resort was exclusive to the concert goers. That's kind of disappointing. Looks like the Sunrise might be, at least for now you can't book any rooms during those dates. I checked the Nizuc, and you can book it. The concert package has essentially doubled the cost for the hotel based on the prices showing.

Thinking about this for an anniversary trip, but having a hard time swallowing that much for a concert(s). I've paid a lot to see Dave over the years, but never that much. It is basically a $3000 up charge. Curious what makes it "worth it" for those who enjoyed it?

I've never done D&T, but I did do Dominican Holidaze back in 2015. It was technically our honeymoon, so what made it "worth it" was the fact that it was still a beautiful all inclusive resort exclusively for the people attending the event, on top of 3 days of music.

Now, the difference is that event was, if I recall correctly, $3000 total + flights. Now I'm looking at double the price, which I'm having a hard time deciding whether to finally pony up for it.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:54 AM   #68
    akeys

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I've got an inquiry out already to the event team - but curious if anyone knows the answer to this super specific question: I will be bringing my 3 children (10, 12, and 1). All the child options for occupancy list 2 kids at most. Does anyone know if I would have to count one of the children as an adult from an occupancy and cost perspective? Big price difference there if so...

I'll also reach out to the hotel today, but was wondering if anyone had this experience themselves and knew how it was handled.

Thanks!
    akeys is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 06:56 AM   #69
    stef330

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

The prices are crazy, I remember paying around $2000 when this first started...now I can barely even get in there for less than $3000.
    Old 07-22-2022, 07:07 AM   #70
    tub50328

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

If you are an alumni should you receive two presale codes? I see on my warehouse page the code will be active next Tuesday but I haven't received a presale code for the normal alumni sale for the following day.
    2008 Hershey 2009 Hershey, Camden 2010 SPAC, Hershey, Camden, Wrigley, Philly 2011 AC Caravan 2012 Hershey, Camden, Philly 2013 Camden 2014 Camden 2015 Camden, Gorge 2016 Oak Mountain, Gorge, 2017 Nashville 2018 Atlanta, Orange Beach, Gorge 2019 Oak Mountain, Nashville, Gorge 2021 Gorge, Milwaukee
    tub50328 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 07:20 AM   #71
    SeminolePride77

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jubes02 View Post
    Yes, there are definitely vegan/vegetarian options. I can't remember the exact details but I recall talking to one of the hotel concierge type people and I think the owner might be a vegetarian or something so he makes sure his hotels have plenty of options. You should call or email the resort for more details. My fiance is a non-drinker and we were so impressed with how they catered to her with all sorts of n/a drinks. They really make it "all inclusive" for everyone. Another example is every time you order food or go into a restaurant they screen everyone and ask what you are allergic to etc. and they take it very seriously. We were super impressed!
    Thank you very much for this. Greatly appreciated
    Old 07-22-2022, 07:58 AM   #72
    sheman10

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tub50328 View Post
    If you are an alumni should you receive two presale codes? I see on my warehouse page the code will be active next Tuesday but I haven't received a presale code for the normal alumni sale for the following day.
    Check your spam folder. I got mine back to back with the announcement email
    Old 07-22-2022, 08:52 AM   #73
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

has anyone done the citi presale?

we have a citi card through costco but have never done any citi presale stuff before, do we just need to have our card number / account login ready?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbon Copy View Post
    j. mayer could easily replace dave in dmb
    groogrux27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 08:52 AM   #74
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

I am looking at the same identical room. Sunrise vs. Nizuc.

Can someone give me a short summary of each. Room location. Whether room has a water view (or could have a water view). Distance from show and distance to action during the day, etc.? Has anyone stayed in both that can advise which they liked better?

Also, is there a map of the entire hotel that also shows the venue?

Last edited by Cscottrun; 07-22-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 08:58 AM   #75
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Nvm on the map, found it: https://cdn.daveandtimrivieramaya.co...esortMap_A.png
    Old 07-22-2022, 09:15 AM   #76
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    I stand corrected!
    Old 07-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #77
    tub50328

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheman10 View Post
    Check your spam folder. I got mine back to back with the announcement email
    Good call! Thanks! That's where it was.
    2008 Hershey 2009 Hershey, Camden 2010 SPAC, Hershey, Camden, Wrigley, Philly 2011 AC Caravan 2012 Hershey, Camden, Philly 2013 Camden 2014 Camden 2015 Camden, Gorge 2016 Oak Mountain, Gorge, 2017 Nashville 2018 Atlanta, Orange Beach, Gorge 2019 Oak Mountain, Nashville, Gorge 2021 Gorge, Milwaukee
    tub50328 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #78
    landsharkbam
    "The Shark"

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post

I wouldn’t walk. N2 we walked post show to Nizuc and stayed there for a bit. When it was time to leave for the Grand, we found a shuttle and took it the rest of the way.

FWIW, plan what places and room types you want, but last year, I wasn’t able to buy until the Warehouse presale and the alumni presale wiped out every room type we wanted. The only options left at that point was the Grand.
    But I also feel like they didn’t put Nizuc on sale immediately. I could be wrong, but I thought that opened after the general public on sale.
    So as a member of the finer things club, you like the grand or have another suggestion on room choice?
    Old 07-22-2022, 09:57 AM   #79
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

if my wife and i are planning to go with another couple:

1. are there room types that have separate bedrooms but connected living areas?
    2. is there a way to get 2 separate rooms but have them be right by each other?
    Quote:
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #80
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I am looking at the same identical room. Sunrise vs. Nizuc.

Can someone give me a short summary of each. Room location. Whether room has a water view (or could have a water view). Distance from show and distance to action during the day, etc.? Has anyone stayed in both that can advise which they liked better?

Also, is there a map of the entire hotel that also shows the venue?
    For each set of packages on the website, click on "room description." They have pictures of the rooms.

Unless the package says "ocean view", you're not going to get an ocean view.

No shuttle, I think our walk to the venue from the southern end of Nizuc was 15-20 minutes, but we'd usually be able to catch a ride on the way.

Sunrise, even on the far southern end will be 10 minutes tops.
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #81
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
    if my wife and i are planning to go with another couple:

1. are there room types that have separate bedrooms but connected living areas?
    2. is there a way to get 2 separate rooms but have them be right by each other?
    1. Not an expert cuz my wife and I go alone but there are "family connected" packages. Scroll through the different packages on the website.

2. Sometime in the fall/winter, they'll open up a "guest dashboard" where you'll enter in your flight info, passport info, be able to buy "adventures", etc. If I remember correctly, at that point, you'll also be able to request rooms next to each other.
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #82
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    1. Not an expert cuz my wife and I go alone but there are "family connected" packages. Scroll through the different packages on the website.

2. Sometime in the fall/winter, they'll open up a "guest dashboard" where you'll enter in your flight info, passport info, be able to buy "adventures", etc. If I remember correctly, at that point, you'll also be able to request rooms next to each other.
    awesome, thanks for answering those questions
    Quote:
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:30 AM   #83
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For each set of packages on the website, click on "room description." They have pictures of the rooms.

Unless the package says "ocean view", you're not going to get an ocean view.

No shuttle, I think our walk to the venue from the southern end of Nizuc was 15-20 minutes, but we'd usually be able to catch a ride on the way.

Sunrise, even on the far southern end will be 10 minutes tops.
    So is distance the only difference? I don't care about distance much. What else separates the two?
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:42 AM   #84
    Crash1983
    2017 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So is distance the only difference? I don't care about distance much. What else separates the two?
    Both sunrise and nizuc are about the same. Only different part of the resort is at the grand where I heard the food is better, they have a water park and other amenities that aren’t available to guests staying at the other sections of resort. If you want an ocean view at either you’ll have to pay more. You are closer to the venue at sunrise.

They both have their own unique restaurants that you can visit.

If I recall the afternoon pool shows were at nizuc last year.

We did sunrise and loved it
    Old 07-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #85
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sunrise is the oldest property on the resort, but I've never stayed there so I don't know if you'd be able to tell the difference. Maybe somebody who's stayed at both can have a better answer.

The daytime pool parties with performance by the openers are at Nizuc pool. Nizuc pool was definitely the packed party pool back when the venue was at The Grand (Sunrise pool was relatively quiet). Now that the venue is at Sunrise, it's more spread out between Nizuc and Sunrise pools, with Sunrise pool probably the more popular (outside of the daytime performances).
    Old 07-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #86
    gck105

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

we have a citi card through costco but have never done any citi presale stuff before, do we just need to have our card number / account login ready?

I haven't done it for this specific event, but have used for other shows. Usually you have to use the first few digits as a password to get access and then you need to use the Citi card to check out or it won't allow you to purchase.
    gck105 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #87
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gck105 View Post
    I haven't done it for this specific event, but have used for other shows. Usually you have to use the first few digits as a password to get access and then you need to use the Citi card to check out or it won't allow you to purchase.
    so go to the link they provided in the email about the shows -> find the D&T link -> it'll ask for the first few digits of my card -> and then use my card to check out?
    Quote:
    Old 07-22-2022, 12:03 PM   #88
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sunrise is the oldest property on the resort, but I've never stayed there so I don't know if you'd be able to tell the difference. Maybe somebody who's stayed at both can have a better answer.

The daytime pool parties with performance by the openers are at Nizuc pool. Nizuc pool was definitely the packed party pool back when the venue was at The Grand (Sunrise pool was relatively quiet). Now that the venue is at Sunrise, it's more spread out between Nizuc and Sunrise pools, with Sunrise pool probably the more popular (outside of the daytime performances).
    But I can go to the Sunrise pool even if I'm staying a Nizuc and vice versa, right? So really just seems like a moot point - not a big deal which I choose, although I'm leaning Nizuc to be closer to the day time action.
    Old 07-22-2022, 12:04 PM   #89
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

For regular DMB concerts, the code is the first 6 digits of your card number and you must use your citi card to purchase or you risk being cancelled.
    Old 07-22-2022, 12:06 PM   #90
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But I can go to the Sunrise pool even if I'm staying a Nizuc and vice versa, right? So really just seems like a moot point - not a big deal which I choose, although I'm leaning Nizuc to be closer to the day time action.
    Yes you can move freely between Sunrise and Nizuc no matter where you're staying. Only The Grand is restricted