2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update) - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-15-2021, 01:49 PM   #31
dmbolp
GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
Maybe your last WH, but I know you can take your "digital" ticket up to just about any venue box office and they will print you off a physical ticket. Again, not a WH-official ticket, but at least something to add to the collection.
Daughter did that with her World Series TM electronic tickets

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-15-2021, 02:23 PM   #32
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Bought WH tickets for FRI MSG last TUE, they were overnighted to my via USPS EXPRESS (big mistake), didn't get them WED, didn't get them THUR even though USPS EXPRESS is supposed to deliver 365, flew to NYC on FRI without the tickets. Told the seller how to do it and to just sell them on TM, get my money back. He did it but tried to instantly buy them back to give to me, they were gone instantly (or maybe well after, if TM took over an hour to post them). About 3:30pm TM dropped a bunch of side stage tickets, got the best pair possible, front row aisle pair next to Buddy. And on the train ride from LGA to NYC on FRI I secured a N2 Pit with poster on the Warehouse boards...successful weekend.
    Can you do this trick with only one of the tickets if you have a pair (i.e., is the bar code unique to each ticket)?

I had a similar situation where I had a pair of Mohegan N2 WH pits. One was for me, the other I sold. Then I couldn't make the show so I sold the second one to a different buyer. One of the two tickets got lost in transit. Was going to be a nightmare with the WH I'm sure b/c I split the pair (don't think they would have will called only one ticket of the pair and also not sure if they would have will called it in someone's name other than my own, and I was not going). If I knew I could just sell the ticket that was lost to myself on ticketmaster and then just transferred the ticket to the buyer, that would have mitigated a lot of stress and work on my part. Ultimately, the package was found and delivered (5 days late) and just in time for the show.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 02:25 PM   #33
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Each ticket is unique, by barcode, just like you can resell a single TM ticket from a order for a pair
    Old 11-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #34
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Each ticket is unique, by barcode, just like you can resell a single TM ticket from a order for a pair
    Wow. I guess the one downside about potentially buying them back myself is I'd have to pay the ticketmaster fees. And I'm sure there are bots that scoop tickets at good prices up immediately, so you'd have to list for well above the going rate - likely leading to exorbitant fees.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #35
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    Have I put my last physical ticket into my ticket album?
    Kind of sad. I could see a "souvenir" stub being a 10 dollar add on, maybe
    I could see this as well. Any chance for management to make an extra nickel.
    Old 11-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #36
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scallops25 View Post
    The other big thing that I would not be surprised to see happen next year is the end of physical tickets from the WH. This does not mean that there would not be a lottery; just that instead of physical tickets, everyone would get links to download digital tickets into their Ticketmaster accounts and then if people need to re-sell, things could be handled through the TM ecosphere. There's always been some level of linkage between the WH and TM/LN, and with TM/LN going all in on digital tickets in our new normal, it's easy to see how the WH would follow suit.
    Venues hate digital tix though.
    Pit for example, there is no way to stop people from sharing the tix and getting it overflowed.
    Many honest people go to the bathroom while the ticket is on a spouse phone and then security has to see if they believe they belong. On the same token, many dishonest people know this too and end up inside reserved sections
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 06:44 PM   #37
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    Pit for example, there is no way to stop people from sharing the tix and getting it overflowed.
    Many honest people go to the bathroom while the ticket is on a spouse phone and then security has to see if they believe they belong. On the same token, many dishonest people know this too and end up inside reserved sections
    seems like it would be as simple as, for Pit tickets, having another status like “scanned - wristband already issued” or something like that.

So then if some jamoke tries ‘stubbing’ their friends up to the pit, when the person in charge of the wristbands scans the legit owner’s ticket… tough luck.

I’m not sure if all the venues currently do a scan of the tickets to issue the wristbands though, or just a cursory glance at them. I know at Star Lake this summer, they scanned ours.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 06:24 AM   #38
    too69short

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If I'm right, don't be surprised if independent creators step up to fill the gap on printed stubs, post-gigs. With the amount of people that get fooled by scammers with fake tickets every year, it's not like they're difficult to make.
    I agree this could definitely become a small business.
    too69short is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 06:28 AM   #39
    too69short

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nerrfhearder View Post
    If Warehouse goes digital I would think the ticket limit would also be enforced across both Warehouse AND LiveNation/Ticketmaster so if you apply for tix on Warehouse get crappy uppers that's what you got cause you've already hit your limit. Can't go order from Ticketmaster/Livenation now if those are all tied together?
    I dont' see them enforcing those limits. Many shows wouldn't sell out when you know damn well most of us are holding multiples by the time the show comes around trying to upgrade.
    too69short is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 06:34 AM   #40
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

MSG had a 2nd scan for wristbands, as did several other shows I went to this year
    Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #41
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    This is not correct about the pit. This was a problem with TM 2010-2014. Then they fixed this by making another ticket scan station in 2014 to get the pit wristbands. You can print/alter all the tickets you want but if the barcode doesn't scan into the TM system to confirm it's a pit ticket, you aren't getting in the pit. That's been the case at every show I saw DMB in the pit this year, 2019, 2018, etc.

The dishonest people come from possibly reusing wristbands but it's literally impossible to guess the color ahead of time as they are mixed randomly. Going through that type of effort to accumulate every color wristband just to use one at a future show seems borderline psychotic - maybe there are 1 or 2 people who do this but that's just crazy to me lol. Easier to just buy the ticket.

I can't speak to the reserved sections as I've never had anyone in my seats.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 08:52 AM   #42
    Bob_Loblaw

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I'd love for there to be a SF Bay Area stop. Hopefully the Greek for 2-3 nights.
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:04 AM   #43
    jmcniff22

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Would love to see some old/ new stops in 2022:

Hartford
    Camden
    Santa Barbara Bowl
    Hollywood Bowl
    Berkeley
    Chula Vista
    Scranton
    Utah
    Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle)
    UBS Arena (Long Island)

Last edited by jmcniff22; 11-16-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    jmcniff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #44
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

as cool as MPP is for some, I'd like to see a return to Bristow.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #45
    blaise34

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Camden, please. Holmdel doesn't quite cut it
    blaise34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #46
    jmcniff22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foreverford05 View Post
    as cool as MPP is for some, I'd like to see a return to Bristow.
    Just please not a gigantic storm again in mid late July lol
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:34 AM   #47
    willndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    This is not correct about the pit. This was a problem with TM 2010-2014. Then they fixed this by making another ticket scan station in 2014 to get the pit wristbands. You can print/alter all the tickets you want but if the barcode doesn't scan into the TM system to confirm it's a pit ticket, you aren't getting in the pit. That's been the case at every show I saw DMB in the pit this year, 2019, 2018, etc.

The dishonest people come from possibly reusing wristbands but it's literally impossible to guess the color ahead of time as they are mixed randomly. Going through that type of effort to accumulate every color wristband just to use one at a future show seems borderline psychotic - maybe there are 1 or 2 people who do this but that's just crazy to me lol. Easier to just buy the ticket.

maybe some venues "fixed it" but not all.
    I frequent and work at different venues and can tell you 100% they don't have scanning.
    Most recent, Sunday for a basketball game. Many people on the floor who didn't have tickets - some legit and some not
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:47 AM   #48
    surferbrad87

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have two main expectations for next year's tour:

1. No international dates with the exception of Canada. There's still too much uncertainty not only in terms of how much COVID is still out there, but also in how things would have to be handled in the event that someone comes up positive while they're over there. With Canada, there's at least some consistency with the US now that the borders are opened, and with them not being able to go through with the Canada dates this year, unfinished business. It also goes hand-in-hand with:

2. All venues will be Live Nation-controlled. This ensures consistency in terms of COVID protocols, which will be in place for at least another year. They definitely don't want a repeat of the Oklahoma fiasco. It also makes things easier to manage in the event that dates have to be postponed or re-scheduled.

I also would not be surprised to see Texas and Florida bypassed if COVID protocols cannot be enforced there. The folks in Florida were lucky this year that they were early on the tour schedule before COVID protocols proved to be necessary; if they had been later in the tour, the shows likely would've gotten cancelled much like the Oklahoma ones did.
    Florida should still be in the mix. They allow the vaccine requirement as long as there is an option to just negative test instead, saw several FL shows do this. We have the same law here in Alabama and they did the same thing at our outdoor venue. Neg test or vaccine card. Just could not do vaccine proof only.
    surferbrad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #49
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post

There are a lot more than 1 or 2 people that used to do this.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 10:41 AM   #50
    jmcniff22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    There are a lot more than 1 or 2 people that used to do this.
    Yeah dozens if not more do this at every single DMB show (and other concerts). In the end, it's not that hard to sneak into a GA Floor/ Pit.
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #51
    BTCS_JTR
    The Wilpon's are gone!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Manifesting a Scranton stop until it happens by posting about it each year in the new rumors thread
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #52
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    Camden, please. Holmdel doesn't quite cut it
    This. I’d say out of all the venues I’ve been to, Holmdel was my least favorite
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #53
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I have started buying tickets again and not a single venue/promoter has even given me the option of a hard ticket. I'd bet money Warehouse goes that direction soon. I'm surprised they haven't already.
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:43 AM   #54
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR View Post
    Manifesting a Scranton stop until it happens by posting about it each year in the new rumors thread
    A little strange that they just plain STOPPED going there. Was it taking away numbers from other shows?
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #55
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I have started buying tickets again and not a single venue/promoter has even given me the option of a hard ticket. I'd bet money Warehouse goes that direction soon. I'm surprised they haven't already.
    Particularly with the delays they had with the new ticket fulfillment vendor this year
    Old 11-16-2021, 11:55 AM   #56
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    A little strange that they just plain STOPPED going there. Was it taking away numbers from other shows?
    Cause attendance was never that good.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #57
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

My Tour Central Stats

My expectation would be the following:

1) Texas shows get added back
    2) Philly (Camden) gets added back but only 1 show
    3) 2 to 3 new venues/cities
    4) 1 to 2 Stadium shows (either Truist Park in Atlanta, Fenway or Wrigley)
    5) Alpine makes it's great return
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2021, 12:45 PM   #58
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Arena spring shows would be nice. Or outdoors in the south. Oak mountain i’m looking at you
    Old 11-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #59
    jmcniff22

My Tour Central Stats

Alpine NEEDS to return in 2022. Would love to see stadium shows again as well (Wrigley or Fenway like someone mentioned).
    Old 11-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #60
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

So now we are back to stadiums?

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!