New Album Coming in One Week! - Page 179 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-28-2021, 04:38 PM   #5341
ericvol

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Wait, people think Windows is political?
I don’t think it’s political and don’t think this was directed at me but I did start the negativity. I just don’t like what the song personally makes me think about when I hear it. I do like the melody and hopefully I can get over it but I just get really, really sad when I hear it.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #5342
    dreamstree41

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
    i love the way you put that, the best lyrical songs -- IMO -- are songs where i don't know what the artist is talking about. probably the person best at this that i know of is Justin Vernon.

even songs of his like Skinny Love -- where the tone and feel of the song is very apparent -- has pretty much every line of it steeped in a bit of mystery or "what exactly is he talking about here"

and walk around the moon / ocean and the butterfly have tons to chew on IMO
    I love how Bon Iver is a lot of lyrical nonsense. It's a much more impressionistic approach to writing compared to someone like Dave who's so much more story-oriented. Not sure if I like one or the other better
    Old 07-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #5343
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericvol View Post
    I don’t think it’s political and don’t think this was directed at me but I did start the negativity. I just don’t like what the song personally makes me think about when I hear it. I do like the melody and hopefully I can get over it but I just get really, really sad when I hear it.
    As a fan of Damien Rice, this song really speaks to me. I love sad thoughtful tunes, and this song is the perfect distillation of that style from Dave.
    Old 07-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #5344
    DaveHead77
    Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you’re referring to Covid, then I mean yea you’re not alone in thinking that but nobody likes to think about “Covid”. So you’re not alone. I don’t know why it would make you feel negatively as it’s a positive song about people trying to live their best lives while dealing with Covid. Just think of it like that.
    Nashville '00, '04, ‘19, & ‘23, D&T 2x ‘17, Cincy '07 & ‘21, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, ‘16, & N2 ‘18, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10 - '12, '14 - '16, & ‘18 -‘19, ‘23, Raleigh ‘18 and ‘21 - ‘22, Memphis ‘19 & ‘23.
    DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #5345
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do you dislike The Stone? That’s a very mournful melancholy song.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #5346
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Or are they?
    I'm sticking with my guess of "All You Wanted Was Tomorrow", since "...Was Tomorrow" was on that whiteboard behind Alagia in the Rockbridge video.
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #5347
    ericvol

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    Do you dislike The Stone? That’s a very mournful melancholy song.
    Love and heartbreak doesn’t get to me the way I feel thinking about how our world has changed so much the last 16 months for the worse in so many ways, death, anger, divide. I dunno maybe it’s just too fresh. I really liked Windows when it first came out but as the Pandemic has raged on so much longer then I was mentally prepared for the song weighs on me more and more.

Sorry I’ll change the subject, I do really agree with the poster who said all three songs give me GREAT hope for the albums lyrics, they are all VERY strong for last 15 years Dave.

That’s very exciting. I’m still so excited for the album y’all sorry to be a downer!
    Old 07-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #5348
    ericvol

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead77 View Post
    If you’re referring to Covid, then I mean yea you’re not alone in thinking that but nobody likes to think about “Covid”. So you’re not alone. I don’t know why it would make you feel negatively as it’s a positive song about people trying to live their best lives while dealing with Covid. Just think of it like that.
    I like this outlook will try it out!!
    Old 07-28-2021, 06:27 PM   #5349
    elconguero

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamstree41 View Post
    I love how Bon Iver is a lot of lyrical nonsense. It's a much more impressionistic approach to writing compared to someone like Dave who's so much more story-oriented. Not sure if I like one or the other better

Hear hear!

Was always hoping as Dave’s voice aged he would experiment more with it in the studio like Justin Vernon does too. Also hoped he’d say less.

I want to hear DMBs version of 21 a million. Just get weird. They have it in them.

I mentioned before I wish Vernon would produce them or dave solo. Read an article years back that said he used to be a dave fan.
    elconguero is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 06:28 PM   #5350
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Definitely not directed at you. I think the way you feel about the song is completely understandable.
    Old 07-28-2021, 07:08 PM   #5351
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elconguero View Post
    Hear hear!

Was always hoping as Dave’s voice aged he would experiment more with it in the studio like Justin Vernon does too. Also hoped he’d say less.

I want to hear DMBs version of 21 a million. Just get weird. They have it in them.

I mentioned before I wish Vernon would produce them or dave solo. Read an article years back that said he used to be a dave fan.
    That's really cool and I didn't know that about Justin. Bon Iver is right up there near Dave for favorite groups.
    Old 07-29-2021, 03:35 AM   #5352
    Dankguitar

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elconguero View Post
    Hear hear!

As a big fan of both, I hate to say it but Dave can’t hold a candle to Vernon when it comes to songwriting, musicianship, and creativity. Vernon is a monster of a talent and is just continuously pumping out great music not just as Bon Iver. It’s not a knock on Dave, more just a testament to how crazy good Justin is
    Dankguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 05:13 AM   #5353
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dankguitar View Post
    As a big fan of both, I hate to say it but Dave can’t hold a candle to Vernon when it comes to songwriting, musicianship, and creativity. Vernon is a monster of a talent and is just continuously pumping out great music not just as Bon Iver. It’s not a knock on Dave, more just a testament to how crazy good Justin is
    Even more reason why working together could be beneficial for him!
    bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 05:56 AM   #5354
    Jordan#41

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Justin Vernon producing a DMB/Dave solo record? Would be a dream but I don't see it happening.
    Jordan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 06:29 AM   #5355
    kelchlsm

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

wow i forgot about 22 A Million going to listen to this now
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 07:05 AM   #5356
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Completely disagree with you and Bon Iver is my second favorite band, last Bon Iver show I went to was better than the last DMB show I went to
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #5357
    bibby1044

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

It’s an interesting discussion. I have a buddy who’s the biggest music nut I know. Last few years he’s been all about Marcus king band and tedeschi trucks band. He saw both of them live recently then went to the Raleigh show. Came back after the Raleigh show and said that basically everyone sucks compared to dmb live even tho he enjoyed the other shows that it doesn’t come close. Went as far to say his second favorite of all time isn’t close to the live experience and quality of the shows.

For me I’ve never been to a bad dmb show. On paper they can look off but when you’re there it’s always a great show. I remember seeing dispatch at msg for their reunion shows. Sold out crowd going crazy for entire thing. I left there thinking it was best show I’ve ever been to. I then saw dispatch a few years later and it was not good like at all. It was a snooze fest. Then I saw them at sea hear now and they were great again. That doesn’t happen to me with dmb, they always are good after 56 shows. The consistency of their performances is impressive where as I look back at the msg show and if you took away the reunion part of it with the fan frenzy it may not have been as good of a show as I originally thought.
    bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #5358
    #40BigEyedFish

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

random question. do you think the band could work on the album while touring? come tomorrow had a ton of different studios and band members recording separately,

so book studios in different areas of the country and do a day here a day there and then release it mid tour in like october / november?

otherwise i think we're talking april / may 2022 for a new album
    #40BigEyedFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #5359
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bibby1044 View Post
    It’s an interesting discussion. I have a buddy who’s the biggest music nut I know. Last few years he’s been all about Marcus king band and tedeschi trucks band. He saw both of them live recently then went to the Raleigh show. Came back after the Raleigh show and said that basically everyone sucks compared to dmb live even tho he enjoyed the other shows that it doesn’t come close. Went as far to say his second favorite of all time isn’t close to the live experience and quality of the shows.

For me I’ve never been to a bad dmb show. On paper they can look off but when you’re there it’s always a great show. I remember seeing dispatch at msg for their reunion shows. Sold out crowd going crazy for entire thing. I left there thinking it was best show I’ve ever been to. I then saw dispatch a few years later and it was not good like at all. It was a snooze fest. Then I saw them at sea hear now and they were great again. That doesn’t happen to me with dmb, they always are good after 56 shows. The consistency of their performances is impressive where as I look back at the msg show and if you took away the reunion part of it with the fan frenzy it may not have been as good of a show as I originally thought.
    Completely agree. It would be great if I could get more/all the rare songs every show I see but that will just never happen. When I’m there I don’t even think about it. Every show I’ve seen has been great and I always leave feeling that way.
    kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #5360
    resumesomething

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Insider with 100% accuracy here. No official album news tomorrow.
    resumesomething is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #5361
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by resumesomething View Post
    Insider with 100% accuracy here. No official album news tomorrow.

Unless things change.

You know.

At the last minute.
    Old 07-29-2021, 10:26 AM   #5362
    madhatter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by #40BigEyedFish View Post
    random question. do you think the band could work on the album while touring? come tomorrow had a ton of different studios and band members recording separately,

so book studios in different areas of the country and do a day here a day there and then release it mid tour in like october / november?

otherwise i think we're talking april / may 2022 for a new album
    Buddy was recording vocals just before they went on stage in Raleigh, so...yes, they absolutely can do album work on tour. Obviously nothing is definite, but Dave did say that it would hopefully be out in a few months.
    Old 07-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #5363
    jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Unless things change.

You know.

At the last minute.
    How long do you think you're gonna ride this one? We're going on what, a week and a half? Any new material?
    Old 07-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #5364
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Buddy was recording vocals just before they went on stage in Raleigh, so...yes, they absolutely can do album work on tour. Obviously nothing is definite, but Dave did say that it would hopefully be out in a few months.
    I wouldn’t set up any expectations around what Dave says. He said we’d hear it “soon” 10 months ago.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #5365
    madhatter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    I wouldn’t set up any expectations around what Dave says. He said we’d hear it “soon” 10 months ago.
    Which is why I said that nothing's definite. It does indicate an intent, at least, to work on the album while they are touring.
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #5366
    awsomepath

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Is this from the Sirius interview? Was there any confirmation of when that interview actually took place? It could've been a few days before right?
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:06 AM   #5367
    BruceW

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
    How long do you think you're gonna ride this one? We're going on what, a week and a half? Any new material?

It’s been a couple years actually. Let them keep it up. It obviously satisfies them.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #5368
    BruceW

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Wouldn’t expect an album during the tour. Maybe another few songs will trickle into sets though.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:10 AM   #5369
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wouldn’t expect an album during the tour. Maybe another few songs will trickle into sets though.
    All of the 2021 dates or just the outdoor "summer" part of the tour?
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #5370
    #41#36#40

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think we'll get a revamped album in spring 2022.. Walk around the moon, is good..but it definitely needs a musical break/jam in the middle somewhere... I think they'll find more of these missing components as they play them more.
    #41#36#40 is offline   Reply With Quote