2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 92 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-22-2021, 11:02 PM   #2731
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
There might be apps/websites that will send you price alerts, but I don’t know any off the top of my head. I usually just obsessively check manually lol.
Yea, I don't know any either. I checked prices for the trip I just mentioned 2-3 times a week after booking. I would text my best friend that I traveled with every time I found a decrease and get her to re-book too. She was like "I don't know how you keep up with this, but thanks!"

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 04-22-2021 at 11:03 PM.
ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-22-2021, 11:04 PM   #2732
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Southwest did something weird recently. I booked my flights for my trip to Arizona that I took last weekend the day the schedule was released. I re-booked twice when the price dropped. Then, SW announced that they were not charging for schedule changes, which I thought was weird, because they already don't, but what it meant was that when I went to change my flight, I could change it to any other available time with no price change, even if that other time would have originally had a higher price, BUT, I could no longer take advantage of any price drops for the time I already booked.
    Huh, odd. Maybe they use an algorithm that recognizes people who book flights at a big discount and try to get you to rebook a different flight that loses them less money, especially if they can resell your original seats to someone new for more now like if there’s more demand for that flight all of a sudden.

No idea, just spitballing.

Last edited by Antiramie; 04-22-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2021, 11:07 PM   #2733
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Huh, odd. Maybe they use an algorithm that recognizes people who book flights at a big discount and try to get you to rebook a different flight that loses them less money, especially if they can resell your original seats for more now.

No idea, just spitballing.

I've never seen anything like that with SW. It could have worked out in my favor if I had booked the cheapest times that didn't really work that well for me; allowing me to book better times that normally would have required me to spend more points to change, but I had the exact times I wanted already, so all it did was keep me from having the chance to lower my price for my trip.
    Old 04-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #2734
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've never seen anything like that with SW. It could have worked out in my favor if I had booked the cheapest times that didn't really work that well for me; allowing me to book better times that normally would have required me to spend more points to change, but I had the exact times I wanted already, so all it did was keep me from having the chance to lower my price for my trip.
    Yea that’s one of those hindsight is 20/20 moments. Maybe there was zero chance your flight would go any lower (was it full when that announcement was made?), so maybe it wasn’t a compromise but more so SW expanding your options of rebooking at no cost?
    Old 04-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #2735
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea that’s one of those hindsight is 20/20 moments. Maybe there was zero chance your flight would go any lower (was it full when that announcement was made?), so maybe it wasn’t a compromise but more so SW expanding your options of rebooking at no cost?

Yea, it didn't end up hurting me. I searched the site via the VPN I use for school, logged in to SW as a guest, just to make sure they weren't targeting my IP/Account with a price, and the price never dropped below the lowest I got. If it had, I would have called them and asked WTF.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 04-22-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2021, 11:23 PM   #2736
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea, it didn't end up hurting me. I searched the site via the VPN I use for school, logged in to SW as a guest, just to make sure they weren't targeting my IP/Account with a price, and the price never dropped below the lowest I got. If it had, I would have called them and asked WTF.
    I can’t imagine they’d resort to tactics like that. With all the flight price trackers and 3rd party booking sites, that’d be easy to catch and probably a recipe for a class action lawsuit. So probably something that United does on the reg then...

Not saying I wouldn’t be double checking that shit too though

Last edited by Antiramie; 04-22-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    Old 04-23-2021, 04:34 AM   #2737
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    Back to tour talk. I can’t help but notice that the last three dates of the tour are arena shows, in November. That’s interesting, those shows were originally scheduled in the summer. It makes me wonder if they’re planning a more expansive fall tour, and maybe they’re waiting to see what course the virus takes before announcing additional dates.

Those dates are at the end because they are indoor and that allows more time for vaccination and covid requirements/mandates to alleviate (stricter requirements for indoor venues).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 04:44 AM   #2738
    dmbfd15

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I booked Southwest for Chicago shows. Non-stop, round trip for right at $175. I had $160 in credit from a previous covid travel cancel so I only paid $15 more. Now I just gotta find a hotel. My pops has more Marriott points than god (he spends 250+ days on the road and company let’s him keep points) so I assume he can find a sweet deal on a couple of rooms. Now just need to get show tix.
    dmbfd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:10 AM   #2739
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

Ok scouring for tickets now....with these “instant tickets” or whatever they’re called thru the Warehouse, does that mean we get to “instantly” know where said seats are? I put in for the highest tier on Northly N1 but don’t see the seat info. I’d kinda like to know where they are before I put in for N2...
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:16 AM   #2740
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfd15 View Post
    Ok scouring for tickets now....with these “instant tickets” or whatever they’re called thru the Warehouse, does that mean we get to “instantly” know where said seats are? I put in for the highest tier on Northly N1 but don’t see the seat info. I’d kinda like to know where they are before I put in for N2...

They’ll notify you on the ship date

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:17 AM   #2741
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

When shopping that kind of thing I’ll use mobile on my phone and wifi on another device and compare

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:25 AM   #2742
    ArmyDMB41

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

A mask mandate for a full concert is kind of pointless. I have a beer in my hand the majority of a show and if you want to argue that masks are still necessary then there probably shouldn’t be full capacity. My compromise would be require masks in the seating area and let the us lowly lawn people run wild and free. I just hope we get sufficient heads up on what the restrictions are. I refuse to wear a mask outside so hopefully they give people enough time to sell their tickets.
    ArmyDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:30 AM   #2743
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

What's everyone's tailgate plans for this year? Yal plowing forward business as usual or making some adjustments to the norm? I'm thinking for MD at this point to just get together; I'm vaxxed, we're outside, we're never on top of one another at a tailgate anyway.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:51 AM   #2744
    Machine18855
    Harry Stamper

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaWarehouse418 View Post
    Could someone take a look at my situation and give me thoughts on if they think I'm good or not good? I'm trying to decide whether I should/need to buy another ticket.

Once the new dates were announced, I purchased a single ticket on the WH for the 8/21 show in Maryland. I went through the whole process and clicked "place order," and the next page to pop up was completely blank, as opposed to a confirmation/order# page. My card has been charged and I have an email with an order #....but there's no evidence of my order in my "ticket status" window. I emailed the Warehouse 10 hours ago but received no answer yet...and if this didn't go through, I want to buy another ticket sooner than later. Anyone else have this issue?

The white screen after hitting place order happened to a couple of my buddies, but they didn't get an email or CC charges. The cc charges I wouldn't put a ton of weight into, but the email is what gets me. Normally I would say your ticket status page is the final final on whether you got the tickets or not, but if you have an email with a purchase confirmation number, that's super weird. I'd give them a bit to respond, the last 24-48 hours have to have just been nutty. Sorry that's a non-answer answer. Good luck with your purchase(s).
    Machine18855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:52 AM   #2745
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDMB41 View Post
    A mask mandate for a full concert is kind of pointless. I have a beer in my hand the majority of a show and if you want to argue that masks are still necessary then there probably shouldn’t be full capacity. My compromise would be require masks in the seating area and let the us lowly lawn people run wild and free. I just hope we get sufficient heads up on what the restrictions are. I refuse to wear a mask outside so hopefully they give people enough time to sell their tickets.
    I think a lot is going to be specific to your state/venue. I'm in NY, and I'm very curious to see what capacity levels, restrictions and requirements we're at by the time Syracuse and SPAC roll around in August/September. I'm all for proving vaccination and/or a negative test if it means near full capacity and/or less mask mandates, but I don't know what things will look like by then.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foreverford05 View Post
    What's everyone's tailgate plans for this year? Yal plowing forward business as usual or making some adjustments to the norm? I'm thinking for MD at this point to just get together; I'm vaxxed, we're outside, we're never on top of one another at a tailgate anyway.
    Man I hope so, I'll do whatever it takes to get back to those tailgate vibes.
    dmbredsox36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #2746
    Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll be sliding around in a couple pits (vaccinated), no concerns about tailgate at all lol
    Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:17 AM   #2747
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Did someone mention the Luv airline?

(Inflight worker for SWA here)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #2748
    Machine18855
    Harry Stamper

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

So now we wait on seat assignments right...... I'm not checking every 5 minutes, you're checking every 5 minutes.
    Machine18855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #2749
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My fiance and I don't really tailgate. We usually just explore the city we are in, eat, then get to the venue a little early to avoid the line getting in. For Raleigh I'm going to be in line to get in the venue earlier than normal if they have extra rules to go through to get in. I'm not missing any part of the show by drinking in a parking lot too long and going through extra protocols to enter. Outside of masks if those are required and a test or vaccine for her before we go our show day routine will be 100% the same as always.
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:29 AM   #2750
    greyson1289

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Call the Raleigh opener:

TWO STEP
    greyson1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:30 AM   #2751
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greyson1289 View Post
    Call the Raleigh opener:

TWO STEP
    Hello Again or Granny
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    haiku.warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:33 AM   #2752
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramiro24 View Post
    Did someone mention the Luv airline?

(Inflight worker for SWA here)
    When are we getting drink service back?!?
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #2753
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greyson1289 View Post
    Call the Raleigh opener:

TWO STEP

Hello, how are you doing today
    I hope I find you feeling healthy
    I'm so glad our paths crossed this time today
    On our way into the night
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:39 AM   #2754
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    When are we getting drink service back?!?
    I complained about this on my recent trip to Phoenix and my wife got mad at me. I guess I don’t “need” to drink bourbon on an 11:00 am flight but the option would be nice.

Not serious at all though, really don’t care. Those frontline workers get enough bullshit from the customers already. I can understand not wanting to put fuel on the fire right this second.
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #2755
    garagebrothers

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Will there still be instant ticket drops thru the warehouse or are those tickets part of what was just sold?
    garagebrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #2756
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    Back to tour talk. I can’t help but notice that the last three dates of the tour are arena shows, in November. That’s interesting, those shows were originally scheduled in the summer. It makes me wonder if they’re planning a more expansive fall tour, and maybe they’re waiting to see what course the virus takes before announcing additional dates.
    I wondered this too. There are only 7 shows in October and November. Seattle’s new arena opens in October, and arenas like to go big with shows in their first couple months. It would be nice to walk across the street and see them!

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:46 AM   #2757
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by garagebrothers View Post
    Will there still be instant ticket drops thru the warehouse or are those tickets part of what was just sold?
    You Never Know
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:48 AM   #2758
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by garagebrothers View Post
    The Instants put on sale yesterday were almost certainly the tickets people chose to have refunded in 2020. There may be additional instant drops for those shows, but probably not as large as yesterday’s.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:50 AM   #2759
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Hello, how are you doing today
    I hope I find you feeling healthy
    I'm so glad our paths crossed this time today
    On our way into the night

So many great potential options though.

Two Step, Hello Again, Granny, Ants, OSW, #41, JTR especially if it's a bit rainy. Going to be awesome.
    Old 04-23-2021, 06:50 AM   #2760
    ccarey23

Shows Seen: 95

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovelylady11 View Post
    Soo anyone have The Breakers in WPB hookup? Would love to lounge by their pool before night 2 lol
    Tried to book a room. All gone. The least expensive room was $800 a night.
    ccarey23 is offline   Reply With Quote