2020 Tour Rumors - Page 254 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #7591
amberleigh

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 Tour Rumors

I'm thinking we will be hearing something soon with the first tour dates quickly approaching. They have to make some kind of decision soon, a lot of logistic to consider.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-22-2021, 11:43 AM   #7592
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    100% will happen. I'd be willing to stake my home on it. Alabama football will have a sold-out, full occupancy stadium this fall.

That's kinda where I am. It's easy to lean back into it. I've been going back into the office several days a week, as are many other employees, and it's amazing how quickly you slide back into comfort and normalcy.
    My life is 95% pre-covid normal. Only thing not normal is masks, which aren't a big deal, and no large events. Other than that my life is the exact same as it ever was. When other states "reopen" and events start happening again it'll become pre-covid normal within days to weeks for the vast majority.
    Old 02-22-2021, 01:06 PM   #7593
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Some of the bigger acts may be willing to play for less, just to get their crews/staff working again. The bailouts/government subsidies wont last forever and at a certain point they either pay out of their own pocket or lay off people. MIght be easier for some bands than others.
    Old 02-22-2021, 01:10 PM   #7594
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Super-spreader events haven't happened. It just isn't a thing. Should be having full venues. Wear a mask or don't. Scared? Don't go.
    Old 02-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #7595
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    Super-spreader events haven't happened. It just isn't a thing. Should be having full venues. Wear a mask or don't. Scared? Don't go.
    Now this is a poor take.

There have been MANY, MANY superspreader events. Hell, there was one outside at the White House six months ago. There was one a few weeks ago when someone had an indoor conference. There have been many events without masks, full-house that led to dozens of people getting sick.

Even the MSG Allman Brothers celebration show last March was confirmed to be a superspread event. Oteil caught it there. Many people in the crowd reported getting it.
    Old 02-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #7596
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Now this is a poor take.

There have been MANY, MANY superspreader events. Hell, there was one outside at the White House six months ago. There was one a few weeks ago when someone had an indoor conference. There have been many events without masks, full-house that led to dozens of people getting sick.

Even the MSG Allman Brothers celebration show last March was confirmed to be a superspread event. Oteil caught it there. Many people in the crowd reported getting it.
    I believe I caught Covid from a superspreader event last February. A year ago on this very day I was so sick I could barely get out of bed. In Mid-Feb 2020, I attended a large work related convention. Thousands of people there from all over the country. Lots of people shaking hands, we didn't even know what social distancing was yet. One night, a group of us went to dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse. Everybody passing food, lots of drinking, etc. I can't confirm that this is where I got covid from, but it's extremely likely. A few other people in our group at the steakhouse also got very sick after the event. I later found out several cases were linked back to this convention. Felt like crap for awhile, got better, antibodies eventually confirmed it was covid.

I think DMB would be wise to really push for everything from the Gorge onwards to happen. The June and July shows will of course be postponed. But I really think they need to try to push for shows to happen starting in the fall. These bands/management need to start pushing back at some point. Unless things go horribly wrong, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to have full concerts once everybody is vaccinated. Of course there is still going to be some risk, but that's life. Require masks and proof of vaccinations, and let the shows go on. Let these people get back to work. Then push the June/July shows back to 2022, and maybe add some fall dates.

I do not believe they will be allowed to do this, but they SHOULD be able to. To not allow full concerts to happen by the fall would be absolutely ridiculous... unless something goes horribly wrong. But at some point it's going to come down to political bullshit, moreso than the virus.
    Old 02-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #7597
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Was DMB in Vegas on 2/28 a super spreader event?
    Old 02-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #7598
    greyson1289

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    Was DMB in Vegas on 2/28 a super spreader event?
    I can't speak to it as a whole.... but I know 5 people that had flu symptoms within a week after the show that they attended. They never got tested for covid because the virus hadn't blown up in the US for another week or so.
    Old 02-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #7599
    greyson1289

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is such a terrible take on the entire situation. With all due respect, it's because half of this country can't follow simple guidelines. NYC/ NJ got hit so damn hard in March and April last year because the virus came from Europe, into JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark > then spread in the subways, trains, busses, etc. THAT is why they got destroyed.

If your argument is well "we live in a free country".. sorry but you've already lost the argument there.

The number of healthy young healthcare workers who wore masks for 16 hour shifts, got sick and died is staggering. But no, we're too mad at the media for blowing this up, or making this bigger because it was an election year.

FINALLY.... oh we need to get kids into schools!!! So, they can become doctors, scientists, experts in 20-30 years... and then no one will listen to them like right now.
    Old 02-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #7600
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Super-spreader events haven't happened. It just isn't a thing.

Wowzers
    Old 02-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #7601
    kevinmavs

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Things are going to get fishy if some venues/states/acts require a proven vaccination.

Technically you can't do that, but for example you want to go see Jack White play, you have to leave your phone in the car or check it in at a kiosk. No phones during the show. That's an act dictating something. I wouldn't be surprised if some acts/venues do something like that and i'd be totally okay with it.

I could see DMB being one of those bands. You can go to the show if you have a vaccine.
    Old 02-22-2021, 08:38 PM   #7602
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinmavs View Post
    Things are going to get fishy if some venues/states/acts require a proven vaccination.

Technically you can't do that, but for example you want to go see Jack White play, you have to leave your phone in the car or check it in at a kiosk. No phones during the show. That's an act dictating something. I wouldn't be surprised if some acts/venues do something like that and i'd be totally okay with it.

I could see DMB being one of those bands. You can go to the show if you have a vaccine.

Except our whole approach to the Virus has been so pathetic and disorganized, there really is no system in place to prove that you received the vaccine. I see that requirement being a non-starter, whether it's for flying or attending a large event.
    Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #7603
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post

Wowzers

If you close your eyes, clap your hands and just believe real real hard, Covid won't spread.
    Old 02-22-2021, 10:48 PM   #7604
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    Except our whole approach to the Virus has been so pathetic and disorganized, there really is no system in place to prove that you received the vaccine. I see that requirement being a non-starter, whether it's for flying or attending a large event.

everybody i know who has been vaccinated has a card that shows when they got it. venues could make showing that part of the entry process.
    Old 02-23-2021, 04:36 AM   #7605
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Ohio thinks 30% for sporting events in stadiums. So a place with 20k seating could get 6k patrons. Bands like DMB will not go on tour to play for 6k and expect to make money. Unless they take a standard pavilion seat that is $95 and make it $300 a seat.
    Old 02-23-2021, 04:38 AM   #7606
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinmavs View Post

Technically you are going on private property. They can do anything they want and make their own rules for entry.
    Old 02-23-2021, 04:48 AM   #7607
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    Technically you are going on private property. They can do anything they want and make their own rules for entry.
    Can they say "whites only?"
    Old 02-23-2021, 05:50 AM   #7608
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    everybody i know who has been vaccinated has a card that shows when they got it. venues could make showing that part of the entry process.
    Aside from the fact that there's a huge question of legality surrounding that.
    Old 02-23-2021, 05:52 AM   #7609
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 02-23-2021, 06:01 AM   #7610
    Kmurph819

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

This thread needs a little optimism.. you guys are killing me around here!

"U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson unveiled a four-step roadmap on Monday to "remove all legal limits on social contacts" in England by no earlier than June 21, assuming certain tests are met."

https://www.axios.com/boris-johnson-...194802007.html
    Old 02-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #7611
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Venues will lose too much money if they require vaccine proof. Even the most liberal of music acts are probably still going to draw a crowd where ~30% aren't going to be vaccinated.

Fans won't tolerate it. And if the fans don't tolerate, the musical acts will follow suit. A lot of money is going to be on the line, and that will be the deciding factor.
    Old 02-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #7612
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Honestly, once I'm vaccinated, and my family is, I don't really give a good goddamn what anyone else does.
    Old 02-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #7613
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kmurph819 View Post

"U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson unveiled a four-step roadmap on Monday to "remove all legal limits on social contacts" in England by no earlier than June 21, assuming certain tests are met."

"No earlier than"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    Honestly, once I'm vaccinated, and my family is, I don't really give a good goddamn what anyone else does.
    I'm of the same mindset, unless TPTB still point to the vaccination uptake rate as to why certain restrictions as far as capacity are still in place later this year.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 02-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #7614
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kmurph819 View Post

LOL! Boris Johnson? You mean the leader of the country currently ranked 6th Worldwide in terms of Deaths/Million? The one who initially wanted to open wide up for the days preceding Christmas, but had to later reverse when the UK experienced an unprecedented surge more sizable than any since the beginning of the pandemic?

Yeah, I think it's going to be awhile before bands/acts start rushing to play shows in the UK.
    Old 02-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #7615
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes if they want to be sued.

Federal Anti-Discrimination Law would say no.

- J
    Old 02-23-2021, 08:35 AM   #7616
    Jake C

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amberleigh View Post
    I'm thinking we will be hearing something soon with the first tour dates quickly approaching. They have to make some kind of decision soon, a lot of logistic to consider.
    At a guess DMB management would wait until the point of no return before they made a decision. Then make the fans wait another few weeks before they announce the decision.

- J
    Old 02-23-2021, 09:32 AM   #7617
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
    Yes if they want to be sued.

Federal Anti-Discrimination Law would say no.

- J
    But, what about discrimination against the unvaccinated???
    Old 02-23-2021, 09:56 AM   #7618
    Jake C

My Tour Central Stats

No idea. I am not a lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

At a guess that will soon be put to the test.

Think there was something a few years ago about a Measles outbreak that went down that path.

- J
    Old 02-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #7619
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

If states could legally mandate vaccinations (not saying they would, but they legally could), why couldn't a private business? Hell, even employers can require it from what I've read.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 02-23-2021, 10:17 AM   #7620
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    If states could legally mandate vaccinations (not saying they would, but they legally could), why couldn't a private business? Hell, even employers can require it from what I've read.
    A private business or employer absolutely could. My understanding is that you have to be part of a "protected class" for discrimination laws to apply. For example, ethnic minorities are a protected class, which is why they cannot say "whites only". People-who-choose-not-to-be-vaccinated is not a protected class.

People who have health conditions that prevent them from being vaccinated might fall into a protected class, but I would imagine you could work around that by providing a negative test result, which will become easier and easier to get as more people get vaccinated.

Last edited by mquerques92; 02-23-2021 at 10:20 AM.
    Closed Thread