Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel - Page 122 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-03-2020, 09:01 PM   #3631
Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

In case there was any doubt he was at Haunted Hollow, this is the exact room he was in

https://www.martinhorn.com/wp-conten..._SS710x468.jpg
Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-04-2020, 08:05 AM   #3632
    karczews41

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Seek Up! Too bad he played such shit like DYR and YMDTT. This set is a failure
    Lol, this aged like shit.
    karczews41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #3633
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karczews41 View Post
    Lol, this aged like shit.
    Your sarcasm meter is badly broken. I was making fun of those that were batching at DYR and YMDT
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:49 AM   #3634
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I thought it was cool to see him take a stab at YMDT solo

And I don't think it turned out badly either
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:53 AM   #3635
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Agreed about YMDT, but wish he would’ve expanded it just a little bit more, and done a scatting/improv outro.
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #3636
    Fpuonpko

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Cry Freedom
    Do You Remember
    Everyday
    Granny (FIRST SOLO SINCE 2006)
    Grey Street
    Here On Out
    Lie in Our Graves (FIRST SOLO SINCE 2006)
    Loving Wings
    One Sweet World
    Pig (FIRST EVER SOLO)
    Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
    Say Goodbye (FIRST SOLO SINCE 1996)
    Seek Up (FIRST SOLO SINCE 1996)
    Sister
    Steady As We Go
    Sweet
    The Best of What's Around
    The Stone (FIRST SOLO SINCE 2003)
    Two Step
    You & Me
    You Might Die Trying (FIRST EVER SOLO)

Pretty nice 2 shows. Would be cool if they officially released this even though we already have great rips. I would support. Maybe a Blu release??
    Fpuonpko is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #3637
    djamieb

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Hey, y'all!

As promised, for those interested in listening to the October Sirius XM Broadcast (recorded at the "extreme" quality setting) of Dave performing solo, I've uploaded the files that were broadcast over the weekend. I did some really light and tasteful mastering, which I'll explain in the next paragraph. It's almost all music; I've carefully cut and created crossfades so that the set flows nicely from song to song to song. The only Davespeak left in is the bit he said about Roi before One Sweet World because I thought it was beautiful and it sets up the performance in such a great way with that short bit of talking included.

(This is the paragraph where I'll explain what I did for the mastering. If you want to read what I did because you're curious or an audio geek like me, awesome! If you just want to go straight to the files at this point, I won't be offended at all, lol.) I applied just a little bit of dynamic EQ to even out the frequencies, tamed the "s", "sh", and "t" sounds with a little de-essing, brought some clarity to both the guitars/piano and Dave's voice, created a little bit of a stereo spread to open up the sound, added just the tiniest hint of light compression to glue it all together, and applied a splash of reverb to compliment what was already there and to help fill out the room sound a bit. (Note: It looks like Dave was already running through a compressor on his end, or perhaps Sirius did their own compression, but it definitely wasn't brickwalled or anything, so that's good - dynamics are still very much in tact and I did zero "slamming" - I simply brought the loudest point up to -0.1. so it wouldn't be too quiet.)

LINK (Dropbox):
    https://bit.ly/3cZKfEk

(There are two folders - one in WAV format as that's how I recorded it, and one in MP3 format for those wanting to listen on mobile. I also saved the band's Instagram post about the show and used that as the artwork for the MP3 files, but feel free to use your own, of course.)

Note: I thought this was an excellent performance from Dave and it already sounded really nice, so I wanted to do a little remaster passion project like I did with the July broadcast, as well, for the community. I hope whoever wanted to hear this gets enjoyment from it!
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #3638
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by djamieb View Post
    Hey, y'all!

As promised, for those interested in listening to the October Sirius XM Broadcast (recorded at the "extreme" quality setting) of Dave performing solo, I've uploaded the files that were broadcast over the weekend. I did some really light and tasteful mastering, which I'll explain in the next paragraph. It's almost all music; I've carefully cut and created crossfades so that the set flows nicely from song to song to song. The only Davespeak left in is the bit he said about Roi before One Sweet World because I thought it was beautiful and it sets up the performance in such a great way with that short bit of talking included.

(This is the paragraph where I'll explain what I did for the mastering. If you want to read what I did because you're curious or an audio geek like me, awesome! If you just want to go straight to the files at this point, I won't be offended at all, lol.) I applied just a little bit of dynamic EQ to even out the frequencies, tamed the "s", "sh", and "t" sounds with a little de-essing, brought some clarity to both the guitars/piano and Dave's voice, created a little bit of a stereo spread to open up the sound, added just the tiniest hint of light compression to glue it all together, and applied a splash of reverb to compliment what was already there and to help fill out the room sound a bit. (Note: It looks like Dave was already running through a compressor on his end, or perhaps Sirius did their own compression, but it definitely wasn't brickwalled or anything, so that's good - dynamics are still very much in tact and I did zero "slamming" - I simply brought the loudest point up to -0.1. so it wouldn't be too quiet.)

LINK (Dropbox):

(There are two folders - one in WAV format as that's how I recorded it, and one in MP3 format for those wanting to listen on mobile. I also saved the band's Instagram post about the show and used that as the artwork for the MP3 files, but feel free to use your own, of course.)

Note: I thought this was an excellent performance from Dave and it already sounded really nice, so I wanted to do a little remaster passion project like I did with the July broadcast, as well, for the community. I hope whoever wanted to hear this gets enjoyment from it!
    Wow, awesome work! Thanks for this!
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #3639
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey, y'all!

LINK (Dropbox):

I haven't downloaded yet, but thank you in advance!
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #3640
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you, djaimeb! Cant wait to listen to both shows tomorrow
    Old 10-04-2020, 10:13 PM   #3641
    DEMITRI

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey, y'all!

LINK (Dropbox):

Incredible work thanks again!
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2020, 11:12 PM   #3642
    YNK4127

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey, y'all!

LINK (Dropbox):

Note: I thought this was an excellent performance from Dave and it already sounded really nice, so I wanted to do a l
    ittle remaster passion project like I did with the July broadcast, as well, for the community. I hope whoever wanted to hear this gets enjoyment from it!
    Any chance you can link the first broadcast of these that you did?
    YNK4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 05:55 AM   #3643
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

djaimieb,

Thank you for including the Dave speak about Roi before OSW. Very nice!
    Old 10-05-2020, 06:17 AM   #3644
    Fpuonpko

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you so much!! Excited to listen
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #3645
    antsdmb

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

You guys can blame me for the DYR inclusion. That's my wife and kids. I do not dislike the song like most here, although I wouldn't put it in my tops either. My kids really latched onto that song for some reason, and it is what got them into the band after I had been trying for a while. The video display for it during shows also sticks out to them. Therefore, it holds meaning for us. I never imagined we'd ever get picked, but it was an amazing surprise for them. It's a pretty painless 4 minutes and gets Dave nice and warmed up! Blame me!!
    antsdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #3646
    Tomacco

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by antsdmb View Post
    You guys can blame me for the DYR inclusion. That's my wife and kids. I do not dislike the song like most here, although I wouldn't put it in my tops either. My kids really latched onto that song for some reason, and it is what got them into the band after I had been trying for a while. The video display for it during shows also sticks out to them. Therefore, it holds meaning for us. I never imagined we'd ever get picked, but it was an amazing surprise for them. It's a pretty painless 4 minutes and gets Dave nice and warmed up! Blame me!!
    All good. I'm sure Dave wanted to play it, so that's why he picked it. Or at least, wanted to feature at least one newer song.
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:41 AM   #3647
    iammine

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey, y'all!

LINK (Dropbox):

Thank you so much! This is great!
    iammine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #3648
    Fpuonpko

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that song at all. Obviously a lot of people requested it! It is posts like this that people need to realize that every fan has a different favorite song, songs that have different meanings to them. When you play concerts of 15,000 crowd and you are a band with over 100 studio cuts, everyone loves something different! These forums are kinda disturbing with the hatred some people get for bashing songs or asking how someones favorite could be "you & me"
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:58 AM   #3649
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No reason to defend the pick. Its awesome that you got picked and that your kids connected to the band through that song. Its a fine song, just not one that most here would select in this scenario.

Now yall have a really cool DMB memory. Nothing wrong with that at all! Have your kids been to a show?
    Old 10-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #3650
    antsdmb

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for the support! I admit, I'm a bit of a song hunter now too in terms of what I look for in any shows we go to. Yes...the boys went to their first show last summer at Jiffy Lube Live. We were slated for another one this summer, but believe me when I say they are as into the band now as I ever dreamed they would be. I'm thankful some die hards were satisfied later in the set from this past Friday. Seek Up is my all time favorite, I just never thought it would be considered for this format. Kudos to the requestor and Dave for making that happen!
    antsdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #3651
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks for the support! I admit, I'm a bit of a song hunter now too in terms of what I look for in any shows we go to. Yes...the boys went to their first show last summer at Jiffy Lube Live. We were slated for another one this summer, but believe me when I say they are as into the band now as I ever dreamed they would be. I'm thankful some die hards were satisfied later in the set from this past Friday. Seek Up is my all time favorite, I just never thought it would be considered for this format. Kudos to the requestor and Dave for making that happen!
    Looks like they got a pretty good first show! I have a blast bringing my son! He's been to 6 so far and were supposed to have 3 more this summer but ya know...

He is really into the band. He has particular versions of songs he likes and is already taking about songs being rare and stuff like that. It's pretty cool to share that with him.
    Old 10-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #3652
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

thank you for the upload!
    Old 10-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #3653
    Royal123

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

always appreciate the time and effort that anyone puts forth for something like this, thanks again!!
    Royal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #3654
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    NEVER apologize, UNLESS it's to apologize for this apology. DYR is a great tune, lots of fun, great summer but shaker at a show.

There's no need to make excuses for liking any tunes, artists, etc that you like. Especially not to bunch of mooks like us.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #3655
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I've always loved DYR, can't wait to hear this performance. Reminds me of the NoDAPL protests.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #3656
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I've always loved DYR, can't wait to hear this performance. Reminds me of the NoDAPL protests.
    What are you waiting for? dl it and listen. They sound great.
    Old 10-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #3657
    ToySoldier#34

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I recommend the 9/11/19 solo version from Chad's files if you haven't heard it
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #3658
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I recommend the 9/11/19 solo version from Chad's files if you haven't heard it

That’s a very good one. I like Dave’s vocals on it.

This is my favorite live version of the song though, take a listen if you haven’t before:

https://youtu.be/tva4kjmUIoA

^From Mexico 2018 (pre-album). Love how it’s slower paced, fingerpicking only, and has an awesome extended outro.
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #3659
    ToySoldier#34

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    That’s a very good one. I like Dave’s vocals on it.

This is my favorite live version of the song though, take a listen if you haven’t before:

https://youtu.be/tva4kjmUIoA

^From Mexico 2018 (pre-album). Love how it’s slower paced, fingerpicking only, and has an awesome extended outro.

His vocals are better on the one I mentioned than this past Friday but it's awesome an Ant got their request, also yes I love the version you posted and the outro is great!
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #3660
    splack03

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

I know I may take some heat from this, but something just seems a little off with Dave's guitar playing. I think his voice sounds pretty good, but the guitar playing doesn't seem as crisp as it used to solo. It's like he's having a hard time doing fast plucking and adding in the little "mini-riffs" in some of these songs. I don't know, but going back and listening to his guitar playing from the early days it used to sound much more vibrant.
    splack03 is offline   Reply With Quote