Dave "Celebration for Change" Biden Event 7/26 - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #61
jmkratt
You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave "Celebration for Change" Biden Event 7/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
While not being some crazy John Legend show of vocal runs like earlier in the show, the tone of his voice was perfect
Agreed

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #62
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

There were several other guitars including nylons behind him. I too would be curious where that was filmed.
    Old 07-27-2020, 10:54 AM   #63
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Without looking, I’m guessing he played Come Tomorrow

Edit: Nevermind, glad Shadows On The Wall is still getting played
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2020, 11:07 AM   #64
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    Without looking, I’m guessing he played Come Tomorrow

Edit: Nevermind, glad Shadows On The Wall is still getting played
    Capo pretty much equals Shadows...until further notice, ESPECIALLY if it's a pandemic live streaming event.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #65
    zburch

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like he was playing this Breedlove Solo: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Breedlo...00000325763.gc

--Dave Matthews, YMDT, Citi Field 2010
    2024: Paris, Alpine?
    zburch is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #66
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

The Breedlove sounds better than the Rockbridges.
    Old 07-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #67
    Baldfsufan

Shows Seen: 82

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Feels good knowing my favorite musical artist is on the right side of history. I'm not really sure how you can connect with the music Dave makes, with the themes he so often employs, and support a conservative agenda at all, bust especially the disgusting incompetent dumpster fire of hate in the White House right now.
    Personally love the songs about love and sex and relationships.

Some people appreciate the musical rhythms and some go for the lyrics and some for both.

That’s why!
    Baldfsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2020, 11:07 PM   #68
    *loverulesme*

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paulg83 View Post
    Feels good knowing my favorite musical artist is on the right side of history. I'm not really sure how you can connect with the music Dave makes, with the themes he so often employs, and support a conservative agenda at all, bust especially the disgusting incompetent dumpster fire of hate in the White House right now.
    I'm conservative. I support Trump. I'm a DMB and Dave fan and have been for decades.

We have a very recent (last few years) problem in our society in that we used to be able to agree to disagree and move on to find common ground. That was the norm.

That's not the norm now. Now, if you disagree with someone politically, then the relationship is often over. That's very unfortunate.

I'm for finding common ground.

With that said, being a long-term DMB and Dave fan means you're going to get A LOT of his political views. Does my dentist shove political views down my throat? No, my dentist cleans my teeth, and I pay for that. Does a clerk at my local grocery store shove his or her politics down my throat? No, the clerk rings up my groceries, and I pay for them. We say, "Have a good day" to each other.

For whatever reason, celebrities think they need to "endorse" candidates...Barbra Streisand, Cher, Rosie O'Donnell, Dave Matthews, Bette Midler, Kanye West, Scott Baio, Roseanne Barr, etc, think it's their duty to "use their platform" to get us to vote a certain way. How have they come to that conclusion? I don't know.

I'm impressed with artists for their art, not for their political expertise or views.

Last edited by *loverulesme*; 07-29-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    *loverulesme* is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2020, 11:50 PM   #69
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *loverulesme* View Post
    I'm conservative. I support Trump. I'm a DMB and Dave fan and have been for decades.

We have a very recent (last few years) problem in our society in that we used to be able to agree to disagree and move on to find common ground. That was the norm.

That's not the norm now. Now, if you disagree with someone politically, then the relationship is often over. That's very unfortunate.

With that said, being a long-term DMB and Dave fan means you're going to get A LOT of his political views. Does my dentist shove political views down my throat? No, my dentist cleans my teeth, and I pay for that. Does a clerk at my local grocery store shove his or her politics down my throat? No, the clerk rings up my groceries, and I pay for them. We say, "Have a good day" to each other.

For whatever reason, celebrities think they need to "endorse" candidates...Barbra Streisand, Cher, Rosie O'Donnell, Dave Matthews, Bette Midler, Kanye West, Scott Baio, Roseanne Barr, etc, think it's their duty to "use their platform" to get us to vote a certain way. How have they come to that conclusion? I don't know.

I'm impressed with artists for their art, not for their political expertise or views.
    I agree that we've lost the ability to find middle ground and that is extremely unfortunate. I apologize for you feeling that way cause i've been struggling with that as well lately.

That being said, I don't think Trump is a conservative by any means or even represents what a true conservative thinks. All his tenure seems to have accomplished is the normality of hateful/racist speech and a bungled pandemic response that has killed the equivalent of a 9/11 a day for over 50 days. He promotes gossip over facts and science, and his administration (and by proxy the Republican party) is actively trying to rig elections (Kemp here in GA and Trump on a national level) and deflect responsibility for clear crimes that he has committed that are in direct violation of his oath of office.

I applaud your conservative values, as I share some myself, but I will be voting for Biden in this election even though I don't agree with his stance on many things. If Trump wins, I truly believe the next four years will mark the start of our "fall of Rome", so to speak. Trump has actively sewn division into our country since 2016, and I do believe his legacy will be a stain on this country and the Republican party's history.

So to bring it all back around, I believe that when people end conversations with right-leaning individuals and cut ties, they have simply reached a tipping point with the "great America" that trump has ushered in. I haven't stopped being stress for almost a year and a half now due to his policies and blatant racism and classism. It's well within their right to give up people who still support Trump, because unlike past elections, in their minds a vote for Trump is a vote for a fascist America ruled by the 1% and highest paying individuals, with laws tailored to their beliefs.

I refuse to give up on this country, but a vote for Trump in my mind is the least patriotic thing someone can do at this point. Unmarked vans are pulling protestors off the streets and writing in a condition of their release that they are unable to gather and protest again, denying them their 1st Amendment rights. Trump and his government are trying to stymy other voices being heard in the conversation, and have been undermining those voices for four straight years. I gave him his chance when he was elected, although I didn't vote for him. He's had the time to do what he needed to do, and what did he accomplish? Over 150,000 dead, a huge increase in our national debt, and a legacy of hate and violence.

When people cut others out of their lives for supporting Trump, I understand it now. I hope you'll understand it come November as well. Biden isn't the answer, he is the stopgap. But a Trump victory will mean an exodus of the smarter minds in the country, and it may not be today or tomorrow but the effect that will have on the U.S will be tremendous and felt for years, leading to the slow (or fast and violent) decline of this once beautiful nation. Just something to think about. I hope you are safe and well.

Last edited by seanbrutus; 07-29-2020 at 11:53 PM.
    seanbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 03:35 AM   #70
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That's not the norm now.
    Now, if you disagree with someone politically, then the relationship is often over. That's very unfortunate.

Well, we wouldn't want the norms of society to be peeled off one layer at a time, now would we?

#newnormal
    I seriously don't know how I made it all the way through that shit. (weed)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    WHOA! Super cool.
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 08:54 AM   #71
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Might be time to lock this thread. And this'll probably do it...

Despite one's desire, one doesn't get to only support dumbpsterfire's policies that they think are valid without it being perceived that they also support his overt racism, religious bigotry, sexism, ignorance AND disregard of OUR Constitution, self-centeredness, disregard for human life, and objective history of incompetence and irresponsibility. ALL of these things pre-dated his run and "win" by DECADES. This is who he is and always has been. If one thinks only supporting the "traditional conservative values" that he's never actually supported are more important than fighting AGAINST prejudice and FOR equality for all, fighting FOR real religious freedom (and respect, including the right not to practice a faith), and more important than ENFORCING AND PROTECTING our founding documents and ALL they stand for, then one has to accept that most people in this nation see them as part of the problem.

This "man" was and remains supremely unqualified for the position on many levels and has clearly failed to rise to the occasion. He has NEVER been "presidential" and never will be. There is a clear inability to see the big picture, accept reality, understand the very nature of truth, and so much more while fully embracing hatred and division. The worst part is how the GOP has completely cowed and no one in the party of "family values", the protectors of the so-called "moral majority", speaks out against him. Maybe even worse is how many service members and families refuse to acknowledge how the "president" has no regard for what they do on all levels and certainly not the families of service members, even those that paid the ultimate price. He is without a moral compass, which he proves almost daily.

But yeah, the nylon string version of Shadows On the Wall was really sweet.

Last edited by grilldanmo; 07-30-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #72
    but1well
    love baby

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I don't think your dentist and public figures are apples to apples. Yes in the same respect that they offer a service to the public but I think it stops there. Just in the same way that some people in our own lives air their opinions on social media, celebrities use their own means to express their views. Should they be made to stay silent because they have a larger audience? They are people outside of being famous after all.
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.

Last edited by but1well; 07-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #73
    Drock414
    Drock414

Shows Seen: 70

My Tour Central Stats

any rip the audio?
    Drock414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #74
    Hitman2001

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hkhund07 View Post
    there are only 2 choices.. Biden is at least closer to Bernie than Trump is.
    There are more than two choices:
    https://jo20.com/

There are only two choices if you only let yourself pick between two choices.
    Just because CNN or FoxNews doesn't cover it doesn't mean it isn't news, and just because Breitbart and MSNBC don't talk about other political parties doesn't mean they do not exist.

https://www.courthousenews.com/court...ty-candidates/