Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour - Page 87 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #2581
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksideofoz View Post
You should be right, but never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Yup. It's not a big one, but UtopiaFest announced that they are holding it as scheduled in September. I couldn't believe it. I definitely retract my stance that there's zero chance a big one does it as well.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #2582
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Never forget money always wins in the end
    Old 06-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #2583
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I think what you'll see is that if concerts don't come back in some fashion by 2021, the giants of the entertainment business will begin filing lawsuits against government officials and entities. Similar to what a lot of theme parks across the country have been doing. I live in Ohio, where we have Kings Island and Cedar Point (both kickass places, BTW), owned by the same company. They filed a lawsuit against Ohio Governor DeWine, and now they're opening in mid July. Disney is opening in mid July.

Unless we are in some kind of nightmarish 2nd wave by next winter (we are still riding the first one), I think eventually concerts will be forced to happen. As somebody else said, money always wins.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #2584
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Just join the NBA

@DanWoikeSports
    Sources: Potential entertainment for players in the bubble include outdoor concerts, DJ sets, movie screenings and live comedy. NBA is working with Disney on special access to Disney parks and attractions.
    https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/s...21186449068034
    Old 06-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #2585
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I had a large conference scheduled in March that just canceled. So it's not encouraging to start to see 2021 events canceled. Ugh
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2020, 07:12 AM   #2586
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prezzy View Post
    I had a large conference scheduled in March that just canceled. So it's not encouraging to start to see 2021 events canceled. Ugh
    Wow that is early to cancel! But I said that about all the Fall festivals back in March of this year.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #2587
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Just join the NBA

@DanWoikeSports
    Sources: Potential entertainment for players in the bubble include outdoor concerts, DJ sets, movie screenings and live comedy. NBA is working with Disney on special access to Disney parks and attractions.
    https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/s...21186449068034
    Did you expect something different, it's Disney.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #2588
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well thaaaaaaat's a bit premature!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #2589
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How many people were supposed to be at this thing?

I can't believe they'd cancel something 9 months in advance like that. Unfortunately, it's probably the first of many events that will be cancelled in March of 2021.

I have a conference I go to every February for work. Thousands of people from all over the midwest and beyond. I attended this conference in mid February, and then got very sick 10 days later. The symptoms match up with COVID, and there have been cases traced back to this event. I just got an antibody test to see if maybe I did actually have it after attending that event.
    Old 06-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #2590
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    Wow that is early to cancel! But I said that about all the Fall festivals back in March of this year.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it's more to do with a cost cutting move or what but definitely seems early.
    Old 06-19-2020, 07:45 AM   #2591
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    How many people were supposed to be at this thing?

I can't believe they'd cancel something 9 months in advance like that. Unfortunately, it's probably the first of many events that will be cancelled in March of 2021.

I have a conference I go to every February for work. Thousands of people from all over the midwest and beyond. I attended this conference in mid February, and then got very sick 10 days later. The symptoms match up with COVID, and there have been cases traced back to this event. I just got an antibody test to see if maybe I did actually have it after attending that event.
    It's not a super large event, but I believe it's around 3000 people total. So not really small either. So last year it was scheduled in late February. And in the first week of February I came down with a 104 degree fever, horrible dry cough, body aches, chills, literally every single symptom of Covid. Negative flu test, negative strep test. Dr's had no idea what to tell me I had. Just said "drink fluids and rest." I had easily my sickest moments of my life over that week. Really makes you wonder. By the end of the week I was feeling better though.

I work in a very face to face with many people job so I could have picked it up there more than likely. I have considered getting the antibody test but I keep reading how they may not be accurate anyway.
    Old 06-19-2020, 07:51 AM   #2592
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Too much money at stake, I'm guessing, for the same level of cancellation in 2021. You have to figure that by then, there will most likely be an emergency-use vaccine of some sort and better treatments. They are already seeing success with a steroid, one would guess it will only get better as they learn more about this virus. Between the riots/protests and the President holding campaign rallies, it will be hard to keep a lid on entertainment. Lawsuits will open it back up and people can go at their own risk. Since March, my position has always been, in this country, right or wrong, money is undefeated--until I see it ultimately lose out, i will assume that to be the case.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #2593
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's not a super large event, but I believe it's around 3000 people total. So not really small either. So last year it was scheduled in late February. And in the first week of February I came down with a 104 degree fever, horrible dry cough, body aches, chills, literally every single symptom of Covid. Negative flu test, negative strep test. Dr's had no idea what to tell me I had. Just said "drink fluids and rest." I had easily my sickest moments of my life over that week. Really makes you wonder. By the end of the week I was feeling better though.

I work in a very face to face with many people job so I could have picked it up there more than likely. I have considered getting the antibody test but I keep reading how they may not be accurate anyway.
    Last year as in this last February? Or 2019??

Are you the true patient zero?
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #2594
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    Last year as in this last February? Or 2019??

Are you the true patient zero?
    Haha I definitely worded that wrong. Last conference I meant. So this year. Although that time seems like it was years ago at this point.(when traveling, concerts, groups of people together were the norm)
    Old 06-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #2595
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yeah I know, I hope I didn't waste my $65 getting the antibody test. My symptom list sounds exactly like yours, especially that horrible dry cough. Man, sometimes I was coughing so hard I thought I was going to throw up, and I've never had a cough like that. I also had an intense lack of appetite, and while I wasn't acutely aware of it, my sense of taste and smell was severely dull. My kids went to the doctor and got negative flu and strep tests, and they couldn't find anything wrong with them. They just gave them medicine, they each missed about a week of school, and eventually they came out of it. So I'm wondering if we all had it. My antibody test results should come early next week, I hope it's accurate.

The fact that I was at that conference and that cases have been linked to it, about a month before we ever heard of social distancing, really makes me wonder.
    Old 06-20-2020, 06:05 AM   #2596
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I know, I hope I didn't waste my $65 getting the antibody test. My symptom list sounds exactly like yours, especially that horrible dry cough. Man, sometimes I was coughing so hard I thought I was going to throw up, and I've never had a cough like that. I also had an intense lack of appetite, and while I wasn't acutely aware of it, my sense of taste and smell was severely dull. My kids went to the doctor and got negative flu and strep tests, and they couldn't find anything wrong with them. They just gave them medicine, they each missed about a week of school, and eventually they came out of it. So I'm wondering if we all had it. My antibody test results should come early next week, I hope it's accurate.

The fact that I was at that conference and that cases have been linked to it, about a month before we ever heard of social distancing, really makes me wonder.
    Crazy man!! I remember waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat from the fevers. And the most painful coughing ever. Like it felt like knives in my lungs. Let me know what you hear if you don't mind!
    Old 06-20-2020, 06:21 AM   #2597
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Crazy man!! I remember waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat from the fevers. And the most painful coughing ever. Like it felt like knives in my lungs. Let me know what you hear if you don't mind!
    Old 06-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #2598
    uwdavefan

My Tour Central Stats

Posting this in a couple places since I'm not sure if anyone is looking at the Tour Forum...

I apparently missed the refund window and I am looking to sell my pair of single Day tickets for Bottlerock in Napa. Anyone interested? Face value of course.

Thanks!
    uwdavefan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #2599
    dmbclstj2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uwdavefan View Post
    Posting this in a couple places since I'm not sure if anyone is looking at the Tour Forum...

I apparently missed the refund window and I am looking to sell my pair of single Day tickets for Bottlerock in Napa. Anyone interested? Face value of course.

Thanks!
    This show will no doubt be cancelled or postponed to 2021. You might be able to get a refund at that point.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2020, 12:50 PM   #2600
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I might have missed something down the line here, but is there any word for another Warehouse request period opening for some of the 2021 shows?

Do we expect that soon(ish) or Spring next year?

Assuming they're waiting just to make sure there will be a 2021 tour, but just checking
    Old 06-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #2601
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Antibody test result??

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2020, 02:21 PM   #2602
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42km View Post
    Antibody test result??
    Ugh it hasn’t arrived yet. I had the blood draw done on the 17th. They didn’t give me any information other than “it’ll come by mail in 7-10 days.” If it’s not in the mail by Tuesday I’m going to call and see what the holdup is. Usually I dread getting the mail because of bills, but lately I’ve been eagerly checking it everyday. Hopefully I learn something this week, and then I’ll post back.
    Old 06-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #2603
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

The results are in. I did NOT have coronavirus back in February/March. Must’ve just been a nasty flu or something.

Now I know!
    Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #2604
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The results are in. I did NOT have coronavirus back in February/March. Must’ve just been a nasty flu or something.

Now I know!
    Well...maybe. Just as a heads up: https://twitter.com/BallouxFrancois/...85596845948928

Quote:
    Antibody levels to #SARSCoV2 also wane fairly fast, in line with other coronaviruses. As such, antibody tests can fail to detect prior infection in particular for asymptomatic or mild infections. Serological surveys may underestimate the proportion of people infected.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #2605
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I like the new That Girl is You video with the PHJB. Something new for those quarantine sets!
    Old 07-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #2606
    Prezzy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Now I know!
    Broke down and did mine today. I'll post the results. Even though they may be meaningless.
    Old 07-01-2020, 02:22 PM   #2607
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Right... I guess I’ll never know for certain.

I’ll be honest, since we heard that Covid has probably been in the US since January, I assumed that I had it. Not saying I’ve been careless, but in the back of my mind I’ve always felt that I had an extra layer of protection, since I’d already had it. Just a feeling that was there on a subconscious level.

Now, I either really didn’t have it, or I know I have to move forward as if I never did contract the disease. I know that immunity is not something that scientists haven’t figured out. But my mentality has shifted, and now I know that there is zero chance I have immunity... unless this O type blood thing is true. Haha
    Old 07-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #2608
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think what you'll see is that if concerts don't come back in some fashion by 2021, the giants of the entertainment business will begin filing lawsuits against government officials and entities. Similar to what a lot of theme parks across the country have been doing. I live in Ohio, where we have Kings Island and Cedar Point (both kickass places, BTW), owned by the same company. They filed a lawsuit against Ohio Governor DeWine, and now they're opening in mid July. Disney is opening in mid July.

Unless we are in some kind of nightmarish 2nd wave by next winter (we are still riding the first one), I think eventually concerts will be forced to happen. As somebody else said, money always wins.
    What's gross about this though is there's no responsibility on behalf of the parks if numbers blast through the roof as a direct result of these parks opening. If they're able to sue to open, they should hold culpability if things go south.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #2609
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

This thread is a GREAT backread. An interesting capsule of what happened in March.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #2610
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    This thread is a GREAT backread. An interesting capsule of what happened in March.
    It saddens me how stupid some people were from the get go.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote