Official Fuck the Police thread - Page 81 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #2401
gocubsgo3822
American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Fuck the Police thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
That's how you view what happened. As much as you believe he was just a fat guy and the other thing was self-defense. Other people saw the same thing, were given the same evidence, and based on their own experience came to a completely different conclusion that it was racially motivated.

It's hard for me personally to understand them because race isn't something I've ever had to deal with. I'm white so I have the option to live my life as a law abiding citizen, and chances are the cops will never bother me. My worst experience with a cop was in 2006 coming back from a Dave & Tim show. He was pissed we were driving across country for a concert. I've never been put in a position or felt discriminated against for my skin color. Just because I haven't experienced it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Obviously for everyone living here that shit did indeed matter, but this stuff going on matters to those people protesting. Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it's not important to other people. You should support people's right to peacefully protest because... merica'. (i.e. the "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it")
if you want to get a permit and hoot and holler fine. If you want to invade private businesses and hoot and holler "hands up dont shoot" and "i cant breathe" you should be shot.

If you want to lay down in front of a highway where people are getting ready to go to work you should be run over with tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #2402
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Does anyone have any doubt that, at least in the Garner case, there is going to be a federal civil rights violation charged?
    Charged perhaps, convicted extremely doubtful. Demonstrating beyond a reasonable doubt that any of these officers acted differently due to the color of Garner's skin is next to impossible based on that film.
    Old 12-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #2403
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    All of the things you added, why do they justify a police officer killing someone? I don't care if Garner was a complete piece of shit. I expect officers to treat every non-violent/unarmed person equally. You should be arresting the thug the same way you would some dumb college kid who'd take off on foot. Police are not the judge, jury, and executioner. People shouldn't be killed while being arrested (unless they are endangering others), and this the ends justify the means mentality is scary to me. We have rules and laws for a reason.

The way you seemingly want police is a part of a large oppressive government. Which is fine until people revolt, and there are already tons of protest over this crap in major cities. Chicago isn't a result of what police can and can't do. I don't see officers here calling for more power. Instead it's a lesson in what happens when drugs, guns, poverty, and a bad education system all get together.
    Where do you guys keep coming up with this stuff? Where did I say thank of those things justified his death?

The way I want police? And how is that?
    Old 12-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #2404
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    that's all the grand jury needs to no bill.

/thread.

again.

the rest of your statement is down right retarded.
    If the guy is unhealthy it is up to the police to use the proper means to subdue home.

Don't get fat unhealthy dudes in chokeholds and pile six guys on top of them.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Old 12-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #2405
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

http://mic.com/articles/105914/anoth...ged-in-arizona
    Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #2406
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-take-4-months

He acknowledged that the chokehold “looks awful,” but stressed that the grand jury found that it was not illegal.

Obviously Bratton said the chokehold was not illegal per sei, but we already know it was not allowed at the NYPD.
    did the commish say "chokehold" or is that the author of the article's choice of words.

What Bratton actually said was “I'm not free to comment at all on anything I observed or my feelings".
    Old 12-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #2407
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    If the guy is unhealthy it is up to the police to use the proper means to subdue home.

negative.

what happened to everyone should be arrested the same way, yay equality?
    Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #2408
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Don't get close to the ledge if it doesn't have a railing.

You know you are fat, have heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, are out on bond for possession of drugs, driving w. No license, false impersonation and selling untaxed cigs again... Don't resist arrest.
    He's been playing the system and in and out of jail since 1980, he knew what was going to happen to him, his bond was going to get revoked and was gonna do some real crime. He told the cops he wasn't going to jail and was not complying with officers requests. I mean it's cut and dry that he wasn't choked to death, that just fits the agenda. he didn't die at the scene, he suffered cardiac arrest in the ambulance and died at the hospital and was also able to talk.

Last edited by Kevaroo; 12-08-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Old 12-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #2409
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

How can anyone say the choking and jumping on him did not kill him. Had this not happened are you saying he still would have died that day from being unhealthy or what?

Old 12-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #2410
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

I am all for peaceful protests to address what people think is wrong with the system but I completely fail to see how acting like a bunch of palestinians is going to solve anything, in fact it seems downright counterproductive to me!
    Old 12-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #2411
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How can anyone say the choking and jumping on him did not kill him. Had this not happened are you saying he still would have died that day from being unhealthy or what?
    Of course it was a contributing factor, pretty sure no one is claiming otherwise but that salient point remains, had Garner simply allowed himself to be cuffed and taken to the precinct he'd still be alive and would have been processed and back on the street before dinner.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #2412
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Many people in this country feel just like the Palestinians. Second class citizens with no opportunity, different rights, not treatred like humans.

And the greater the income gap gets the worse I expect it will get.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #2413
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Of course it was a contributing factor, pretty sure no one is claiming otherwise but that salient point remains, had Garner simply allowed himself to be cuffed and taken to the precinct he'd still be alive and would have been processed and back on the street before dinner.
    Pretty sure JustinK legitimately thinks the cops did not contribute whatsoever.

Fat guy was gonna die that day, no matter what.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #2414
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post

Not to put Kev on the spot but read his last post. The choking nor anything at the scene killed him seemed to be his point. He was fine.

"I mean it's cut and dry that he wasn't choked to death, that just fits the agenda. he didn't die at the scene, he suffered cardiac arrest in the ambulance and died at the hospital and was also able to talk."

Old 12-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #2415
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That's not what I said at all.

Sure the cops contributed to his death. But not how you're thinking. They caused his death like maybe how a seatbelt caused a guy's death because he couldn't unbuckle it when he got drunk and drove into a ditch and drowned.

Should we blame the seatbelt and remove them from all vehicles now? Kinda feel like him drinking and driving into a ditch is a little more of the problem than the seatbelt was.

You can't go charging police officers with murder just because they're doing their jobs. That's asinine.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #2416
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    "Choking" him did not kill him... Him resisting and being as big as he was it took multiple officers to subdue the subject, which was definitely a contributing factor.

Last edited by Kevaroo; 12-08-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #2417
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not to put Kev on the spot but read his last post. The choking nor anything at the scene killed him seemed to be his point. He was fine.

"I mean it's cut and dry that he wasn't choked to death, that just fits the agenda. he didn't die at the scene, he suffered cardiac arrest in the ambulance and died at the hospital and was also able to talk."
    You're right I don't think he died because of the hold that brought that giant career criminal resisting arrest to the ground. I believe that him having to be subdued with his existing very poor health problems mixed with his adrenaline level paired with positional asphyxia and a slow paramedic response were the factors that ultimately lead to his demise.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #2418
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I believe that if they would have tased him that day, there is a strong possibility the result would have been the same.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #2419
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevaroo View Post
    You're right I don't think he died because of the hold that brought that giant career criminal resisting arrest to the ground. I believe that him having to be subdued with his existing very poor health problems mixed with his adrenaline level paired with positional asphyxia and a slow paramedic response were the factors that ultimately lead to his demise.
    Which is exactly what the ME said. And also why the cop was no billed...
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #2420
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevaroo View Post
    I tried to say all this before but Lee#s said I wasn't contributing anything positive so I stopped.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #2421
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    That's not what I said at all.

Sure the cops contributed to his death. But not how you're thinking. They caused his death like maybe how a seatbelt caused a guy's death because he couldn't unbuckle it when he got drunk and drove into a ditch and drowned.

Should we blame the seatbelt and remove them from all vehicles now? Kinda feel like him drinking and driving into a ditch is a little more of the problem than the seatbelt was.

You can't go charging police officers with murder just because they're doing their jobs. That's asinine.
    Forgot about those new sentient seatbelts.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #2422
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Many people in this country feel just like the Palestinians. Second class citizens with no opportunity, different rights, not treatred like humans.
    I realize this will undoubtedly sound cliche to you but I am not unsympathetic to the black plights and historical inequities. That said (here comes the supposed cliche) I do have many minority friends, blacks, latino's, gays, Asians, Muslims, etc, etc and to be honest when I see them or chat with them I do not see the differences - I see them as Americans and friends.

Funny thing too, most of my black friends are quite literally just as confused as most of us as to why these incidents happen because the evidence is so sporadic and contradictory. Yes, they are frustrated with the system but to a man and women they all abhor the looting, rioting and violence (they think it is counterproductive to the communities) and prefer to better themselves and get into positions to make positive changes.

Of course you have no reason at all to believe me but then again I have no reason to lie to you.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #2423
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Just had my first encounter with protesters. A bunch of fucking spoiled rich white kids marching down Route 30 (Lancaster Ave.) at 5 pm rush hour. Anyone familiar with the area knows how bad traffic is around here to begin with, let alone when they close down the ENTIRE FUCKING STREET so these idiots can march protesting a cause they think they know something about. I honestly don't care what you're protesting and it doesn't have anything to do with this cause, but if you organize a protest at rush hour you're a certified, Grade-A asshole piece of shit. I almost caught a case tonight yelling out my car window at them. Cops told me three times to calm down before I finally drove off. God damnit am I aggravated right now.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #2424
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Just had my first encounter with protesters. A bunch of fucking spoiled rich white kids marching down Route 30 (Lancaster Ave.) at 5 pm rush hour. Anyone familiar with the area knows how bad traffic is around here to begin with, let alone when they close down the ENTIRE FUCKING STREET so these idiots can march protesting a cause they think they know something about. I honestly don't care what you're protesting and it doesn't have anything to do with this cause, but if you organize a protest at rush hour you're a certified, Grade-A asshole piece of shit. I almost caught a case tonight yelling out my car window at them. Cops told me three times to calm down before I finally drove off. God damnit am I aggravated right now.
    You sound well-adjusted.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #2425
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

I consider myself pretty level-headed, but when it takes 45 minutes to make an 8 minute drive from school to the grocery store on my way home from studying for 10 hours, because these spoiled asshole college kids try to make themselves feel relevant, that's when I have a hard time staying composed.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #2426
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I laughed after reading the past few pages, and then going back to the first post to see why OP hates the police.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #2427
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I consider myself pretty level-headed, but when it takes 45 minutes to make an 8 minute drive from school to the grocery store on my way home from studying for 10 hours, because these spoiled asshole college kids try to make themselves feel relevant, that's when I have a hard time staying composed.
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

just wanted to let you know.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #2428
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

just wanted to let you know.

Personal insults because somebody has a different opinion than yours. Not surprising coming from a loser who made a thread titled "Fuck the Police" after he got busted with an open container.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #2429
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Fact: Many cops use excessive force and that needs to be addressed.

Fiction: Cops are out to get the black folk.
    Old 12-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #2430
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Pretty sure blocking intersections/roadways and inconveniencing people isn't going to help get your message across.
    Closed Thread