Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #1074
MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
Well, to be fair, Venom was very popular. It's not like DC making a movie about Egghead or another minor villain (to name another property on the other side). Venom is one of the more popular characters. And his origin story doesn't even need to be told. I'm sure 90% of comic geeks know about the symbiote. They could even tell it in flashbacks with some flashes of Spider-Man in a dream sequence if they want to include Spidey.
I think my question is more about the logistics of Marvel/Sony's arrangement, and whether Tom Holland's version of Spider-Man is even allowed to appear in any of these movies. I agree that they can easily tweak Venom's story to make him a character that doesn't involve Spider-Man and that Venom could in theory carry his own film. There are just so many references out there to Sony building their own universe, apparently they want to do a Black Cat and Silver Sable film next, and it will just be weird if they try to build some shared universe without Spidey at the center of it. I'm curious as to if Tom Holland is allowed in these Sony films by contract. Both Marvel and Sony have been incredibly silent as to these logistics.
MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote