Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 06:44 PM   #101
TwoStep2888
Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
"Ben Affleck Steps Down as Director of The Batman"
http://comicbook.com/2017/01/31/ben-...of-the-batman/

"There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions,” Affleck said in a statement. “Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

The filmmaker had recently made some comments suggesting that he was reluctant to direct the film while also starring, indicating that he hoped to get a more comfortable costume to work in, and that he understood the scope of the project.

“Warner Bros. fully supports Ben Affleck’s decision and remains committed to working with him to bring a standalone Batman picture to life,” the studio said a statement."
damn, that's too bad