Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #4697
Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
I would have a hard time believing that Sirius doesn’t ask the band members for permission for what they play and that they just play whatever they want.
Management definitely approves everything but I highly doubt anyone is bothering band members with this type of thing. What would that email even look like? "Hey Stefan, will you give permission for Sirius to play a show you guys played in South Caroline 26 years ago this Friday night? Can you jog your memory and let us know if that gig is up to snuff? Do you want to listen to the recording before we play it? You want me to send you a DMBAlmanac link with the setlist? Do you think the Christmas Song and Satellite encore is strong enough for a radio broadcast?"

Haven't several people noted that Dave was flummoxed when they asked him to sign a Live Trax cd and he had no idea that shit was being released? I'm sure someone in the DMB camp is monitoring things so Sirius doesn't play any embarrassing shows were Dave's voice is completely fucking shot but I doubt Carter is taking time in-between playing golf and fucking is new young fiancé to advise Sirius on what 20-year old gigs they should be playing on the radio.