Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - General Discussion on Setlists as a Whole This Year
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #21130
HonestDenver1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: General Discussion on Setlists as a Whole This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg83 View Post
To be honest, it seemed like things were going to go in the direction of Scenario A even before the pandemic hit. The Feb 2020 show in Vegas was kind of wild. http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...162&where=2020

Opening with Granny, and a set including The Riff, Stolen Away, Beach Ball, Sweet Up & Down, What You Are, Lying In the Hands of God, plus new Jimi Thing outro into Tell Me Something Good, and a first time cover of Long Train Runnin'.

Even if you don't like much of the above, you have to admit this was not a same ol' set.

I have to believe this unplanned long break has done nothing but reinforce the frame of mind Dave was in when he wrote that setlist.
Agreed! And I hope the live by request shows really showed him the DMB fans like the deep tracks too. I mean if the last one alone is any indication there’s a lot of love for songs that don’t get a ton of set time.. I think Dave had wrongly assumed that fans want to hear the hits and play 1 or 2 deep tracks every few shows.. I hope that has changed. We want more variety and less of the radio hits..
HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote