Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - General Discussion on Setlists as a Whole This Year
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #94
StopMakingSense

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Anyone else think these setlists are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_ View Post
haha do you honestly think that after all of these years, Dave cares about what the fans thinks he plays? Or how much they pay? Fans should know what they're signing up for, and if they don't like it then it's their own fault for spending the money. He can hang up the towel at any moment and be fine. And he has never cared for anyone to tell him what he should or shouldn't play, so why start now?
We also have a tendency here at Ants to think that "the fans" are us. I tend to think than an overwhelming majority of the fans at these shows don't share any of our concerns and just have a great time. Read the comments during a periscope, someone last night heard Rooftop and said "Is this new?" Most people aren't watching shows with the DMBAlmanac Liberation List in their hands.

If Dave has a blast playing Stand Up, and sees the crowd having a blast he's going to keep playing it. I don't think they're going to notice the Ant in the crowd scoffing at the song selection and crossing their arms.
StopMakingSense is offline   Reply With Quote