Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What would you want in the 25th Anniv. package of BTCS?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #57
Chriscolebu19

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What would you want in the 20th Anniv. package of BTCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
Most importantly, Hi Res FLAC with dynamics intact.

I would also love to have:
AAA vinyl
CD of outtakes, b-sides etc (MACHEAD!)
Blu-Ray with video footage/documentary type stuff (LOVED that 30 minute MTV thing back in the day for these sessions)
I agree with all of this minus the vinyl as I simply don't have the equipment. But I still think its cool!

The band and management have a HUGE opportunity here. Coming off an "off year", the band and the fans are getting older, it's been five years since they put an album out, fans are itching to hit up shows, they could really capitalize off a good, strong 20th anniversary edition of BTCS. I'm not just talking monetary gain, i mean reinvigorating a bored fan base.

I'm sure many would agree with me; BTCS is a perfect album that so nicely captures the band's creative genius during their prime and with the one producer that could get the most out of each member and make it all work. I could spend a day talking specifically how amazing this album is beginning to end but I think we all get it.

I don't want just a remastered CD or digital file. I want the scrapped songs, I want Machead, I want live releases from 1998, I want behind the scenes video and a "making of", I want interviews I want to see Lillywhite, I want a tour of the studio, I want to see Dave talking about the meaning of "Pig" to Carter. I'm perfectly willing to spend a couple hundred on something really nice for my favorite album of all time.

Management, please dont put out another miss. I'm sick of being underwhelmed by the releases and I honestly can't tell you the last time I bought something other than a show ticket from DMB. Do it right and watch your loyal fans come back.
Chriscolebu19 is offline   Reply With Quote