Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 08:22 PM   #5397
madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
but also announcing an album is nearly done in october and releasing over a year later does make me scratch my head.
No one announced the album was nearly done in October. I think people read too much into what Dave said then, coupled with "insider" info (some of which was BS). For reference, here's exactly what Dave said during the session with Carter (right before Grey Street):

Quote:
You know we have a surprise for you, because Carter and I have been hanging out, everybody. Um, uh, on the side...makin' noises together (Carter: HEY!) And we are very excited to show you them, that's why we happen to be here today, socially distanced, big glass doors between us and whatnot.
Then later, after Gravedigger:

Quote:
Hey everybody, we're...you know...this is the upside down world, right? And, uh...and...Carter and I have been makin' some music together, and everyone's been coming in, and we're been trying to social distance, and we've been having fun.
That's the extent of what he said about the state of things at that time.
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote