Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 42: Twittergate - Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #27
bigbeartilidie

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 42: Twittergate - Discussion

Sometimes I wonder how much "Dave just plays what he wants" is because the rest of the band is so chill with him that they lay back and mostly let him do everything. There are instances over the past few tours where we can gather, basically using social media, that suggestions were made to him. In those instances, it seems like he does whatever they ask. Halloween at Hartford N2 in 2012 was a twitter suggestion from Fonz. I was under the impression that Minarets at Mansfield and Typical at Deer Creek were TDed under similar circumstances (Fonz informing Dave of various twitter campaigns). I seem to also recall Fonz attributing a TD of Ants replacing Squirm on the setlist at Atlanta 2012 to Carter. We know that they played True Reflections at Mansfield last year because Boyd asked Dave if they could. And this year, although LYD has not been played, many of the rarer songs that have been in semi-rotation (PFWYG, Stolen Away, GGT, IBYU) were from Fonz's twitter survey, which I assume means they were his suggestions as well. Hell, didn't Dave say something like "good call, Fonz" right after they TDed Rhyme & Reason a few weeks ago? Is it possible that "Dave just plays what he wants" because the rest of the band doesn't actually say much? I know Fonz makes it seem like he wants to dive deeper into the rarities from time to time on twitter, but is it possible that when it comes to his relationship with Dave, he doesn't actually say much?

Last edited by bigbeartilidie; 07-23-2014 at 07:32 AM.
bigbeartilidie is offline   Reply With Quote