Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #24
HonestDenver1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
Roi. And it’ll always be Roi.

My whole thing is jeff isn’t even given a chance to shine. The songs don’t change anymore like they used to. And the trumpet is the lead dog in the whole horn section, which is extremely unfortunate. Most Roi heavy songs are unlistenable to me at home. I’d never willingly play a modern era Ants Marching on the iPod, YouTube or in the car. If you’re there it’s not too bad but willingly listening, I’ll just play 91-08 when songs had feel and emotion that was carried most of the time by Leroi
I truly don't get this. They've had some amazing shows with high propensity for many relistens since 08... No they don't change things up AS often, but if you look back from 18/19 to 14/15 to 12/13 etc.... They've changed things up considerably... It's not every night, but it really never was.. If you go listen to a 2 or 3 week run from 97 - 99 you're still going to get a ton of repeats and similar sounding jams...

Plus, Jeff WAS allowed to shine 08-15ish.. It seems there's been a concerted effort to taper him back along with any individual long solos... Even Tim doesn't really solo like he used to.. Which was far too often... It's more of a whole band cohesive thing right now...
HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote