Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #11168
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
No what i was saying is that around the time leroi got in the accident and then passed dave decided to make wall of sound music.

My issue with the recent come tomorrow era is dave has solid mellow songs from 2015-2017 that got play at concerts only to get little to no play from 2018 forward for subpar mellow songs like "come tomorrow" or "do you remember" or wall of sound songs like "She" and "That Girl is You".

I actually love Shadows on the Wall and am concerned that it will meet the same fate as Death on the High Seas did when it comes to full band concerts.

I love Do You Remember, Idea of You, ViTR, Samurai Cop (moreso acoustic), Here on Out etc. but one of my biggest gripes against current DMB is actually the opposite of what you are saying. If I have to think of mellow songs he has written somewhat recently I can think of a bunch, practically every show has one or two mellow solo songs which he has written in the last couple of years. They fluctuate between something like Here on Out to Do You Remember / Can't Stop and have done so for about 18 years. On the opposite side of the mellow songs you are looking for, can you name a single song they've written since BS / Everyday that deserves to be closing main sets or encores?

Where is the next Two Step? Last Stop? Ants? I have no doubt whatsoever Dave will continue to write beautiful mellow songs for the rest of his life, he's incredibly good at it.
ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote