Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Investment Thread (help with savings, stocks, retirement funds, etc.)
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #1633
scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Investment Thread (help with savings, stocks, retirement funds, etc.)

Well, it's coming from 4 different sources - only two of which are contributed to via payroll deductions, the other two include my IRA from rollovers via past jobs, and my wife's one account that is from her employer but not contributed to anymore (so there are two separate accounts in her 403b).

Her main 403b is the one that has the most contributions - total of 15%, I think. My 401k through my employer is minimally contributed to unfortunately, only 3%. The company match is terrible (10% of total annual contributions), otherwise if it was the standard 100% up to 6% I'd definitely bite the bullet and take the 6% deduction.

For the first 13 years of my professional career I was putting way 12% annually (100% match up to 6%), but when I took my current job I had to endure a pretty substantial paycut which meant something had to be sacrificed.
scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote