Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #40
DMBZeppelin
OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
I honestly don't want Garfield as Spiderman in the MCU, too many complications to the canon on how they tie together. Give Spiderman a small role in Captain America 3 or let Tony Stark/Cap mention him and say something like "What about that new kid swinging around New York?" as they are trying to build their teams in Civil War.

Then bring Spiderman in once Phase 4 rolls around. Enough time will have passed and Phase 4 will need some new classic Avengers to be brought into the mix at that point.
I don't read the comics but Spider-Man plays a big role in the Civil War. They would have stayed truer to the actual storyline had Sony been game. But there wouldn't be any canon issues as the slate would be wiped clean with a new Spidey.

That's part of the issue they don't want Garfield, because people would connect them then. It's not like Cap 3 would need to focus on Spider-Man. People know who he is, no need to establish a new back story.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote