Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riffs
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 12:53 PM   #127
BOTRNewmusic

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riff

Also wanted to add that this interview and subsuquent re-listen confirms my unpopular opinion that Lillywhite Sessions are mostly garbage tracks. Good skeletons of songs and sure some evolved live to be great when performed at their best, but the album just is bland, uninspired and all these years I defended Everyday, which IMO has aged beautifully (again unpopular opinion, but see: so right, fool to think, if i had it all, what you are, sleep to dream her,) and Lillywhite Sessions imo are just completely overhyped.

I never liked Busted Stuff, because as a fan, in 2002, it was exactly that, just "Busted Songs" weve heard for years and there was little excitement getting another version of them, but after listening to both in the last 24 hours, I think BUSTED STUFF really SOUNDS much much better
BOTRNewmusic is offline   Reply With Quote