Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast: Episode 45 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
ericvol

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast: Episode 45 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yes, this episode is introduced as Episode 46 in the podcast. Math is hard; just ask Joe M. Anyway, we kick off the new year with an hour-long catch-up session that touches on all things tour, 2-sets, and of course, some healthy Alpine speculation.

Episode 45
Matt, I enjoyed the podcast specifically the talk of a new album and reflection on the last two drops.

How do you think a combination of a very short promotional period but intense promotion work for the band.

Lets say they finish the album and they target a release week a few weeks to a month or so in advance that they see no other major acts coming out with new albums (helps get that #1 record spot) and they pick a date.

Then about 1 or 2 weeks before the album is released they out of nowhere drop the single and the album name and say New DMB album being released in 1/2 weeks.

Then every day during that period of time they release a little bit of info on the album and promote the single then boom album comes out.

I think that could not let the build up get too much, but get the hype to an insane level and keep them the streak record.

Thoughts?