Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Bristow 2009
Thread: Bristow 2009
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #25
taylordankmyer

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Bristow 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcrawf View Post
Great setlist, but the sound was way too low. Dave's mic was especially low at first. I have been to sold out shows where you could hear from the parking lot. But for some reason, it seemed like many people didn't even know the show had started from the concessions stand.

#41 was nice and a bit different with more interplay between Carter and Jeff than I remember. LIOG seemed like it went direct into Shake Me. I'll Back You Up and Raven were nice surprises, although I could barely hear IBYU because of the mic issues. First time I had ever heard the either live. Burning Down The House was a lot of fun. The Watchtower with Stairway to Heaven closer was a nice treat.

I rated the show a 3 mostly bc of the sound. Lots of people near me said the same. Nissan is also hell to get out of.
when i was at nissan to see dave two years ago, the sound seemed low to me too. and it seemed to be low last night too. It's probably just nissan, ive never thought it was a nice venue at all.

nissan's parking lot - the worst. IBYU was really low, and everyone talking during it was annoying.

All that said, this was my second time seeing dave, (saw him two years ago as i said at nissan), and this beat the first time by a mile! I thought it was a great show. I'm not even that big of a fan of the new CD, but as i predicted, live those songs are pretty damn good. Why I am was a great intro, and the two covers rocked! I was jumping around like an idiot during all along the watchtower.

but the show did seem a little short.
taylordankmyer is offline   Reply With Quote