Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Nashville Review
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #35
cjsdelray
Forever dancin...

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Nashville Review

Just getting settled in at home - back in STL from Nashville. And all I can say is: WHAT A SHOW!!! Overall, the setlist was excellent, the band's energy was off the charts, and the stadium was PACKED!!!

The Bartender opener was great and Jeff rocked-out on the Pennywhistle! He is jammin' right in with the rest of the band and it's just awesome! I really enjoyed the amazing version of Grey Street. One of the best I have heard live...

Jimi Thing was a "need" for me on Saturday - and the boys delivered. Dave played into the song, letting the crowd stand-in for vocals - and I thought after the first verse, he BigD would cut-in and finish the tune. Instead, the crowd carried the vocals for most of the song and Dave carried the chorus. It was like a MASSIVE karoke session in Vandy stadium! The end of Jimi Thing always impresses the hell out of me - no disappointment here tonight, either!

"Why I Am" is such an excellent song, too! I love "Funny the Way It Is", but hearing "Why I Am" live, personally - well, I just can't wait for this one to come out as a download (or be released with the album). Just a hard rockin' song. Ever time I hear that "...drinkin' Big Whiskey... Groogrux King..." line, I get chills!

The craziness tat was going on from ASTB -> Too Much (Teaser) -> Ants Marching was SICK! The way they are mixin' up the tunes this year and playing some CRAZY time-beats.

YMDT is also being played live this year and it rocks. Rashawn and Jeff just blasted this one outta the stadium! No doubt!

We got a full Recently, too. My wife had never heard that one - and at first, didnt like it. But by the time they were jamming into the end of the tune, she was dancin' away!

While "Crash" was good, I just don;t care for that song anymore. I have some ugly memories "attached" to that - and I'd much rather forget them... Good live song, just not a fav of mine...

Of course, "Spaceman" and FTWII were both good. An older lady behind me saw me singing the words - and she had never even heard the song. She as excited to see that the band had a new album coming out, etc, etc...

I think a couple of highlights of this show, among all of the one's I have been to - this was #43 for me):

1) I have heard the crowd sing Jimi Thing MANY TIMES - but NEVER like this
2) Jeff played two Sax's at once - come on! Even if you couldnt hear both distinctly, it was awesome to see him jammin' w/ Rashawn up there
3) Rashawn Ross just keeps getting better and better - thew way he played with his fingers in the trumpet on Two Step (I think) was just UNREAL!

Overall, I would put this show in the higer numbers of my "Top 10". I can tell you this - I am just as excted as every year to see these guys on stage and JAM OUT! They are rockin' just like always and I can't wait to see them in STL and KC over the summer tour!!!

ee ya'll out there!
cjsdelray is offline   Reply With Quote