Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Pelham (Oak Mountain) 2019 Thread ***
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #41
georgedavis003

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Pelham (Oak Mountain) 2019 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan2010 View Post
If you have the time, you should definitely check out Avondale. It's about 5 minutes east of downtown, and has a little bit of everything. Saw's Soul Kitchen is my favorite bbq/soul food place in B'ham, MELT has great sandwiches, and Post Office Pies is a great pizza place. The Avondale Brewery is there also if you want to have a beer or two. I would only do that if you had enough time to actually venture to downtown Birmingham, though.

There's also a great deep-dish pizza place called Tortuga's in Hoover, which isn't too terribly far from Oak Mountain. All the places next to the amphitheater are going to be your typical chain places like Applebees, Cracker Barrel, Hooters, Chick Fil A, etc. You can also find pretty much anything you can think of near the Galleria in Hoover as well. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
The Galleria has tons of options over there. I would definitely go to Avondale as well, huge fan of Saw's as well as Rodney Scott's BBQ which just opened. You can't go wrong with any restaurant down there. Also, Pizitz Food Hall downtown has a lot of options. The Summit is closer to Pelham and has a lot of shopping and food options as well. Galleria too. Not many non-chain restaurants near the amp but if you go a little closer towards the city, you'll find some of the best food in the country.
georgedavis003 is offline   Reply With Quote