Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The NHL Thread
Thread: The NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #26508
Dramageek
Zounds!

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
It is hard to compare with other teams because you don't know what their fans are feeling. Losing in the playoffs sucks no matter what. Yes, last year's run was amazing for the Rangers. You know why losing in the finals still felt good in the long run though? Because the Rangers have been nothing but frustrating for the 20 years before that. Including the entire time I have been a fan. Unless your team has won a Cup recently (last 10-15 years), losing hurts. Especially if the team you are watching is your overall favorite in any sport...like the Rangers are for me. Sox come close...but they are not on the level as the Rangers are for me.

I believe you need to watch game 7 as long as it remains close. If the Caps go up 2 or 3 nothing...yeah, ill probably turn on my happy music and get ready for baseball season. As long as the game is still within reach though...I will be watching.

I truly believe this series is 50% either way.
No matter what transpires, you have to be proud of the Rags for clawing back from being down 3-1 in each of the last two playoffs. I heard this morning that they were something like 13-3 in their last 16 games facing elimination. Not too shabby under pressure. But yeah, I imagine you eventually want a Cup to show for it.

The Pens just won back in 2009, so I can't complain too much at all, but with each passing year, the losing stings just a little more.
Dramageek is offline   Reply With Quote