Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official** Dave & Tim Mexico 2020
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #43
tubaguy1145

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official** Dave & Tim Mexico 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedAdam View Post
Southwest doesnt have their flights posted yet but for us (coming from Missouri) it was about $1600-$1700 round trip for 2.
Last year my wife and I flew for $720 a person, direct from Detroit to Cancun both ways. I think we flew AeroMexico, which is serviced by Delta. Flights were cheaper for a while, but we waited too long and had to pay more in the end for a direct flight. It was Valentine's Day weekend last year too.

In 2017, we flew direct on Spirit for $390 a person, including all the hidden bag check fees and whatnot. Spirit isn't Delta, and it wasn't Valentine's Day weekend, so that might explain the difference.

It's worth looking into ways to maximize your credit card rewards on a trip like this too, you can usually get a few hundred dollars back that way (The flight costs above are the listed price of the tickets w/all fees and don't include any rewards or miles or anything we applied toward the purchases).

Last edited by tubaguy1145; 08-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.
tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote