Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #16853
Hahninator
Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

My main question is - the reason it didn't come last year is because their management said it wasn't good enough or something, and the band started to look at a few older songs to add to it? Is that really the deal? I always had chalked it up to Dave just never being completely satisfied with it and always wanting to tweak it, as he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
Also, aside from Something to Tell My Baby, is there a possibility of any new songs written in the past year? We had some insight into the 2020/21 studio sessions, but not much about 21-22.
Well, considering how many Batson Sessions songs were completely unknown to us for eons (including Come On), I think it is of course entirely possible there are all sorts of recently written songs from 2020 to even 2022 (as we are so far into the year) that we don't know about. And any of those could be on the album, sure. Especially if someone (mgmt, Dave) wasn't happen with the initial batch of leaked song titles we all know of.
Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote