Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Im a metalhead. Who's with me?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #83
Erich
Handsome & Genocidal

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Im a metalhead. Who's with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjzz12
What was that quote I saw the other day in a sig? "I think metal is a joke, and Slpknot is the punchline"
I have 2 major thoughts on metal

1st, metal is like a good scotch. granted, some people dont like scotch at all, and thats fine. but the first time you have a good single malt, it burns. once you get past that sensation, then you can actualy start enjoying the taste and realizing its many subtlties.

2nd, metal has the same stigma as rap. sure theres bad metal, sure theres bad rap, but many people are too quick to judge or stereotype before actualy listening to the better stuff out there. I think half the people that lambast rap because of 50 cent havent heard anything by Public Enemy, and the same types of people that lambast metal for slipknot havent heard Master Of Puppets or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

It goes without saying, though, that its still subjective and that respect to peoples personal taste should still be given; some people will not like metal no matter how many great bands they may hear, much like I will never really like Skynyrd despite their unquestionable talent.