Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #20073
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
I would take a screencap of the shipping policies as soon as possible, I'm sure Discogs will step in if you can prove the seller pulled the old switcheroo on you.

45 Euros doesn't seem out of the ordinary for international shipping, I had to send a record to NZ recently and even USPS quote was US$50 or so. But you quote something you either stick to it or explain your mistake to the buyer and offer cancellation with no qualms, shouldn't be you having to chase down the mistake!
So I heard back from the seller, he first sent me:

"I apologise for that. I was not sure about the cost and just checked what other sellers said that it costs. You are absolutely right. I am checking the cost at my post office and I will let you know."

Then a bit later:

"Hi,
I've just checked the shipping price at the post office and they have given me the following prices:

Under 1kg 21,40 euros
Over 1kg 37,50 euros

The record weighs 868 grams. The problem comes with the packaging, since it exceeds the 1 Kg with it. It is the same packaging that Amazon uses to make sure that the record doesn't get damaged.

Besides you have to add 4,30 euros to those prices if you wish the tracking number.

It is up to you now. Let me know your decision as soon as possible so that I can send the paypal order.

Thanks"

So, now I am wondering if I should push for the $18 since that's what it said in the original listing, or just pay the $37.50...

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote