Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Netflix Instant Watch Recommendations Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #88
crew355

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Netflix Instant Watch Recommendations Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
Hang on, do you know that for a fact? Because that's the first time I've heard of anything like that, that some titles go back and forth between streaming and not.
yes.

Netflix "rents" the titles, or rather - buys a license, to show them to us, for a limited time.

Any time you search through the Netflix titles and see something you like, save it to your instant queue. It will be there forever, and there will be a column that says it will be ending soon with a date, if it is going to be ending soon...

i don't believe there's any way to predict what will be there and gone, it's just the reality of the industry right now... and it sucks sometimes - e.g., much to my dismay, it appears South Park will not be available soon.

They always seem to come back though...

I agree it's a frustrating process, but I still think it's the future... I don't know enough to speculate, but it seems like the studios may be go the way of the record companies trying to control their music in the digital age.
crew355 is offline   Reply With Quote