Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #63
sdkelso

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
I certainly understand where you're coming from. At the same time, I assume that the show's high quality is a direct correlation of the novels' high quality. They're not mutually exclusive and even without having read them, I give the novels their due credit. George R.R. Martin's direct involvement with the show displays that not only will the show be very accurate but also that he appreciates what the creators are doing. If it earns his stamp of approval, I don't see why it shouldn't earn everyone else's.

In response to your last point, I have been a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire for three weeks now...since the first episode aired. Because of how much I like the show, I am going to go back and read the novels at some point. I suspect that many other people will do the same. That type of exposure is a great thing, and countless people will now take an interest in a literary series that they might not have known anything about beforehand. It's win-win.
Thank you for the only actually intelligent, sensible reply to my post. I'd recommend the books if you're into sensationalism. They're not worth much intellectually, but they are extremely entertaining.

To everyone else: my god.
sdkelso is offline   Reply With Quote