Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Big props to Adam for getting the thread started.

I agree with the sentiment about Chula being a better venue then Irvine. Even if the Chula shows over the last few years have not had the same pop as say 5-7 years ago, I still hit this venue as it is easily the best in the SoCal area. The 02 and 06 shows stand out as some the best. My ultimate desire would be 2 nights here and no Irvine. And I live 15 minutes from Irvine.

To the post about traffic getting out, there are tricks to getting around it. Adam mentioned the back way in and out. It is relatively new and is a great option. The other key is where you park at this venue. With parking literally on all 4 sides being in the correct lot is huge. I always park above the venue, in the dirt lot. Another option is the WH preferred parking, but you will deal with tons of people walking to the other lots getting to their cars. Avoid at all costs the dirt lot below the venue. I parked their one year, and it took me over an hour to just get to the main street.

In the end, come early, tailgate, enjoy a great summer night in Chula, and enjoy a little DMB with 20000 of your closest friends.