Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Deer Creek 2023***
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 01:08 PM   #71
jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Deer Creek 2023***

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
Seems a waste of $$$ to get pavilion seats only to move to the lawn. Yes, I did it in that scenario, but would have liked to have been able to comfortably stay in the seat I paid for.

There was also N2 in 2014 where this guy's vomit took out about half a row and some seats a couple rows in front of him. He was rather large so nobody was carrying him and then when he finally got out, it was like a half hour later someone came to clean up and all they did was just throw sawdust on top of it. Smelled fucking awful til the sawdust got there. Luckily some of this was during the break between sets.
I feel you on this. I've had to bail from pavilion seats before because the people around us were just so obnoxious/grating. Very rare, but I have had someone that was just got under my skin SO much* that I couldn't deal and left to watch in the lawn for the rest of the show. And one other time (non-Dave show) I took an extended walk through the lawn before coming back because there was some drama amongst my seat neighbors that I needed to let resolve or I was going to go a little nuts. And yeah, I was a little annoyed at the "inferior" seat (though I frankly had a better time meeting some people up in the lawn), but it is kind of luck of the draw. If they aren't breaking a law or rule of the venue (or you don't want to get security/facility staff involved, which I totally understand), then I do appreciate that the lawn is there as a backup. By and large, I'm not a confrontation guy. I'll ask nicely for you to quit being a jerk, but I'm probably not going to throw down. I'm not a fighter.

*Why it bothered me: He loudly screamed what song he wanted next between songs, which annoyed me no end but I would have just dealt with that... but once he realized what was being played - never what he was yelling beforehand by the way - he would then go "Oh hell yeah" and shove his friend (?) sitting next to him (I guess in celebration?), which would propel him in to me. It was summer so he was drenched in sweat, and invariably I was trying to take a drink or he would knock me in to my wife. I dealt with this about three times before I was like "hey man, could you be careful on slamming in to me when you're messing with your buddy there?" which garnered a "f**k you" response. And then my wife starting chirping back - which was deserved, but was also going to end up getting me punched - so I suggested we adjourn to the lawn.