Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Deer Creek 2023***
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 10:23 AM   #69
illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Deer Creek 2023***

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
Yup - as is said every year and for years and years - Deer Creek lawn is a great place to see a show.

My wife and I used to do lawn N1 and seats N2. 2016 we did seats both nights. And on N1 that year it was super hot and muggy. The pavilion was packed and then some guy in front of us decided to light up a cigar and it was just not pleasant or easy to breathe around there so during #41 we decided to go finish the show from the lawn with a group of our friends. We had better people around us N2, but from that point on we've just been straight up lawn.

As mentioned the lawn has good sightlines and terrific sound (and yes, a big screen). You also have the ability to control who you're around because you can move. I've honestly had more shitty experiences with people in the pavilion than I have the lawn (goes for not just Deer Creek too). And with the pavilion, you're stuck there.
Not really stuck at all. Like you said, you can always move to the lawn from the pavilion.
illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote