Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ryley Walker To Release Lillywhite Sessions Cover Album
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #129
limbstan

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ryley Walker To Release Lillywhite Sessions Cover Album

It’s cool you like Stand Up and it’s also cool you don’t like Monkey Man (you’re wrong on both counts but whatever). I just think you misunderstand what the Lillywhite Sessions mean. Why didn’t you cover Under the Table? It’s because you knew the significance of this album vs the others, but again I wonder if you have the same appreciation as others do of it.

In fact, I’m going to come out and say it and be very pretentious. You don’t know what it means to older fans. You don’t know what it was to listen to the 2000 tour and anticipate these amazing new songs on an album only to have them be scrapped for Everyday and then saved from the ash heap by some miracle. And then going through all the trouble and intrigue it took to finally have the whole thing. And then to burn it on a CD and print out the cover art (on a color printer!!!) and to put that in the jewel case... Not to mention how just incredible the album is from start to finish... Anyway. A guy who grew up with Stand Up wouldn’t understand. I guess that’s okay.

Maybe I’m wrong. It just rubs me the wrong way. I hope it’s amazing and people love it.

And I don’t want you to kill yourself. I actually kinda dig your music, I just feel protective of the Lillywhite Sessions. They’re very special to me and a lot of others.

Last edited by limbstan; 10-17-2018 at 07:19 PM.
limbstan is offline   Reply With Quote