Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ryley Walker To Release Lillywhite Sessions Cover Album
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #114
brobb

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ryley Walker To Release Lillywhite Sessions Cover Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixtynin9 View Post
Ryley Walker:

Wow Ryley Walker! You are a shinning example/reason why we should bring the word 'Cocksucker' back out of early Politically-Correcting-Retirement. It's actually a great word & bulls-eye descriptor for those meatheads that has nothing to do w sexual preferences/lifestyle, rather, it just tightens-up the more wooden translation, replacement, like, Capital Duechehole.

For a doof who claims to have DM's back and '...in long-standing defense of DMB,' you def come across as just another bimbo convinced DMB can only 'pantomime good musicians' or someone who claims to listen to only really good music and not Monkey Man, 'the worst song on the album', just because you found it difficult co-op.

M.M. only illustrates that even the B-side songs of the album were exceptional and better than some of those later debut album tracks. It's also well positioned in the album, bridging two of my favorite jam tracks on the album and an extended-jam-1-2-punch, i.e. following Bartender.
If you can't crack Monkey Man, the only LS track abducted from the fans/community, then you're not covering the album, ur just marketing. cocksucker!
Well to be fair, Dave probably agrees. He left it off Busted Stuff, never played it live and, as far as we know, never attempted it again in the studio. I think that’s good enough evidence that he doesn’t care for it. Dave has looked back on numerous songs that were abandoned that he himself has said were garbage. I honestly like Monkey Man, but I don’t think it makes you a cocksucker to not like one song.

Sometimes I walk there
Sometimes, God knows, I take a bus there
brobb is offline   Reply With Quote