Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Stefan's Twitter
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #127
WillReconcile

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Stefan's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
Not sure when I have ever posted anything inaccurate on these boards...ever.

Saying that YMDT is a decent song does not count as "inaccurate"

But, to reiterate, I've seen the way people use Twitter, and it does in fact seem to have a few simple definable facets: 1) Celebrities trying desperately to reignite a following of their otherwise waning career 2) Advertising, advertising, advertising, and, 3) pathetic individuals that think anyone gives a crap what they had for breakfast.

That about sums twitter. There are always exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions, not the rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
There is nothing redeeming about it, and if you simply use it as an RSS reader, than you're not using it the way most do.
Just to go down your messages..

I like YMDT also.

1.)Who has done this successfully? Charlie Sheen? Maybe a handful of celebrities re-ignited their careers based solely on Twitter.
2.)I agree, but advertising is everywhere. This website included obviously.
3.)Your comment is really dumbing it down, but in reality, how is it any different from someone giving their thoughts on a certain version of a song? or a time when they were reminded of Leroi? Not to mention, you're the one that chooses who you follow. If you're continuing to follow someone that is tweeting about cutting their fingernails, it's your problem, not Twitters.

I'll be honest, I had to Google what the hell an RSS reader was. But yes, I follow mostly news organizations, sports organizations, and bloggers that re-tweet interesting articles. It's an extremely efficient way of getting news from all facets of the globe. Do I also follow some celebrities? Sure, I've also been very quick to unfollow them, especially if they post way too much stupid stuff or stuff that I'm just generally not interested in.

As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of Twitter when used the right way. Just because some use it in other ways doesn't make it the spawn of the devil.

"Damn, and I say Damn cause Fuck..isn't nice"

P-I-T-T Lets Go Pitt!!!
WillReconcile is offline   Reply With Quote