Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Zoom call w/ Dave Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 05:25 AM   #78
Cptn. Monkeyman
Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Zoom call w/ Dave Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

I think this would be a great ice breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post

Most new album questions are a waste of time
Yeah, I honestly would avoid asking too many questions that require revealing answers. I wouldn't "ask" him anything about the new album / unannounced subjects. If the conversation goes well and you want to mention something like:

"I'm looking forward to hearing some new music"

I think that's the most respectful way to bring up the new album. For the most part, I'd want to just chat with him about stuff like:

- what's he been listening to lately
- any good movie recommendations, the last movie I heard him recommend was terrible lol (Samurai Cop)
- how him his family and the guys in the band have held up during the pandemic, etc.
- how awkward has it been playing "concerts" by yourself on a tiny screen for millions of people? lead this into talking about concerts (past and futurte)
- and any cool tidbits you'd like to know about the band / song writting proccess / touring now compared to the early days / songs he enjoys playing / songs he wants to bring back to shows / etc.

Really, anything should be on the table except:

PR / unannounced stuff
Boyd talk

Remember, you aren't interviewing him, try and have fun and make yourself a good memory. You deserve this, and it's very kind of you to donate. Good luck!