Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The NHL Thread
Thread: The NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #28805
aeroshady
Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur View Post
Please do not mention contraction with a straight face. It's not even worth having that argument. NHL league revenues are way up, popularity is as high as it has been in a long time. Etc. etc. it's just pointless to outline the reasons why that is a ludicrous idea.

Expansion may not be a great idea for a variety of reasons, but diluation of talent is not one of them. The talent pool is enormous, and it's only getting larger. Realistically, the level of play in the NHL is as high as it has ever been and it is only growing, not to mention the NHL would do well to attract more players from the Euro leagues and KHL in order to maintain the NHL as the best league in the world.
Differences opinions do not make the idea ludicrous. Fact is, the Florida Panthers attendance is pathetic. Carolina, Arizona and other teams have also been sad at times when the product on the ice has been lacking.

I don't know how anyone could look at Florida and say it has been a success in any way. (And that is coming from a person who's original favorite team was the Panthers). I personally own 4 Panthers jerseys....that is more than they have probably sold over the last 5 years.

Point being, each team would be stronger in talent with less teams there. I agree with what was said earlier. Maybe you have a hard time seeing that because Chicago shits gold right now. 3 cups would make me think the NHL was perfect the way it is too.
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote