Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #28
Bron Yr Aur

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak_a_Tak View Post
Ya, I have I think 3 copies of Dark Side. Each time I'd find one better that the last I buy it. The last one I have is in great shape. I did the same with Working Mans Dead. I think I have 3 copies of that too.

1. Go to Len Crafters. 2. By a cleaning cloth and some of their eye glass cleaner in the spray bottle. 3. Lay a cotton towel down on the table and spray the cleaner on the record lightly. Whipe with the lens cloth.

I picked up that trick from another board and have been doing that for years. It works wonders.
I wonder what is in their cleaning solution. I just mix up a 3/4 gallon of distilled water + 1/4 gallon 99% isopropyl alcohol + drop of dawn or Fotoflow.

However, I can never find just the right cloths that are soft enough and won't leave behind lint. At some point I would like to buy a VPI vacuum record cleaner.

Also, I tried covering a couple records (including my dirtier copy of CSNY's Deja Vu) with wood glue, waited for it to solidify, then peeled it off. Deja Vu ended sounding just about like new after this treatment, but if it doesn't peel off correctly, you'll have a big mess of trouble.